The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stallion: Airborn

Anyone know anything about this stallion? He is younger and obviously unproven. Although his foal photos look like he produces well put together offspring?

His website says he is bred for jumping... and im looking to breed my thoroughbred to produce an eventer.

http://airborn-edr.webs.com/airborn.htm
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

I know personally this stallion, he is the most sweet and kind gentleman ever! Seriously one of a kind type of horse, and his foals seem to be gifted with the same perfect temperament. I think he is mainly unproven because his owner (who is also his rider) encountered severe back issue last year (nothing to do with horses), but he has lot of potential. I rode him once when he was 3 and even if he was super green at that time, it was such a pleasure, nice ground covering strides, perfect canter!

Talking about a sweeett stallion:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316307_250618674979911_1728552303_n.jpg
    Vergissmeinnicht.
    Forgive me, between French, English, and German, I'm sometimes completly lost

1 members found this post helpful.

If you don't already know his FB page, you can see lots there https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airbo...=photos_albums
    Vergissmeinnicht.
    Forgive me, between French, English, and German, I'm sometimes completly lost

He is very obviously back at the knee to me, but looks cute under saddle.
    Von Hendrix aka Jimi

Too bad about the front legs...the rest of him is very nice.
    Fan of the Swedish Chef

you guys are right
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

Well I might not be really impartial as this guy is mine..

Conformation wise you are all right! he isn't perfect, as I don't think any stallion is either. I think there is some very popular stallion who have worse conformation fault than him as well and they are still being used (and this is correct since they proved themselves through sports).

Here is Airborn conformation picture as a 5years old, this is the most recent picture of him:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...42636673_n.png

Thanks JazzIT for your kind word on my boy!

Airborn does have a very good temperament and he is so willing to please. He is still unproven yes, but he's still very young and we hope he will prove what he's capable of very soon. His first foal crop started to arrive and we are so pleased with them, we really can't wait to see them in a few years!
    Last edited by AirbornEDR; May. 16, 2013 at 08:12 PM.

I think he has quite a bit to offer the right mare...hope you get him approved CSHA or Canadian Warmblood as well which would increase his Canadian mare base....and look forward to seeing him in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Fish View Post
    Too bad about the front legs...the rest of him is very nice.
    Actually, he's over at the knee on that LF I'd much rather have that on a horse than BATK, but of course it depends on how severe each is. Too much OATK is going to stress the knee joint, but too much BATK is going to stress the tendons and ligaments.

The pastern on that leg bothers me too. Does anyone know if he sustained any sort of injury on that leg at some point? It's odd that the RF looks normal but that might only be because it's pulled back.

He also looks pretty straight behind

I love everything above the legs.

I agree JB, in the first pic he looks OATK with way too much slope to the pastern (the pasterns are really long too). I thought the hock looked funny due to his tail. In the second picture (as a 5yo) his knees look better, he has no pasterns and the hocks look poor at best.