The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Default Thank you LAZ!!

Attended my 2nd show at CAF this past weekend (1st was a horse trial last fall). Took my friends with me and they showed as well (the mom in dressage and the 12yo daughter in the event derbies along with me). We all had a BLAST!! LAZ does an amazing job in making her shows appropriate, welcoming, relaxing and fun. And having Lori provide the food is a stroke of genius as you get REAL food (for lunch I had rare roast beef with horseradish creme).

Finished 2nd in the Green as Grass division -- which is a VERY appropriate division for Shirley (my mare). Bad riding after the 2nd to last fence in the Starter division meant we didn't finish, but the 12yo finished 6th in that division and 3rd in Beginner Novice. And her mom had decent rides (given that her gelding was being butthead) as well and was very happy with the weekend.

I wrote up a blog post with more details as well as several of LAZ's photos of us if anyone is interested in reading further. http://serenityvalleyfarmoh.blogspot...et-mostly.html

Mostly this was just a very public thank you to LAZ for everything!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

1 members found this post helpful.

Well hi! Shame we didn't get to shake hands. I was on the chestnut arab and in the same division as you. Ella is on her way to being one heck of a rider with her solid position over fences.

You guys looked great. Shirley is really cute, loved the look in her eye coming off the bank.

I think I want Thumper in my barn, carrying an old lady around!

Aww, shucks. Thanks, glad you could come, always fun to have you here!

Looks like the CAF show in mid-June might just work for us, finally!
    Click here before you buy.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Enjoytheride and Brigitte... Ella is an amazing young rider. I forget that she's only 12 most of the time and completely covet her solid lower leg. Thumper is an amazing guy... I've had the honor of riding him when he was younger (taking him to his first XC schools and events even).

Shirley is a doll and I couldn't be happier with her performance. I'm not sure she'd ever seen a bank before as we hadn't been able to get out and school XC before the show. Steering is obviously still considered optional at this point, but she tries so hard.

Not sure I'll be able to make the mid-June show as I've kind of committed to a clinic that weekend. Lynn, will I see you at IEA this year?
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Yup, doing the N3D.
    Click here before you buy.