The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by macmtn View Post
    King Kamehameha was a great Hawaiian king. All the rest are also Hawaiian names...a consequence of our Hawaiian honeymoon.
    I have a dog named Kona - a result of our first trip to Hawaii. The pup was going to be named Hana, but after I tried it out (screaming it at the top of my lungs) we opted for Kali.

We drove the road to Hana...its skinny, winding, runs off the edge of a cliff and in many places one lane. A one lane bridge every few hundred feet...seems like. And a beautiful drive if you have all day. And iron nerves..
    Half way to Hana there was a botanical garden...absolutely gorgeous place to stop.
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Done the road to Hana. Once. That was all it took to know I would never do it again. And honestly, she's 14 months old now, but Hana would have been an appropriate name for her based on your description and my experience...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MrGarbo.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	38226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosco.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	38225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosco.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	38225
    I finally get it to work and I have no pix here! Cats are new so there aren't a lot of pix. I will load a few more, and post. Mr Garbo has been renamed again, as Gatsby.
    Another killer of threads

macmnt, your Meezers are gorgeous!
    Proud mother to Matt, a 18 year-old TB gelding.

FOREVER

in 2010, a lovely fellow COther was nice enough to trust two of her very special kitties to DH and I. We had intended to only keep 1, a Siamese. The other one, an orange tabby was going to a dear friend of mine. We showed up and out of the cage jumps the orange tabby, he landed on my chest and started rubbing and purring. I was a gonner! Meanwhile lovely awesome siamese boy had curled up on DH chest. I present Skittles (siamese) and Kid (orange Tabby) I swear they are brothers and are ying/yang. Outgoing Kid conquered Skittles more shy tendencies. http://s106.photobucket.com/user/lei...ss/story/15793
    They started at less than a pound and are both now about 10-12 lbs each.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

1 members found this post helpful.