The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

What I found interesting when hubby and I were searching for a second dog, was that all breed rescues we contacted would not adopt out an adult dog to families. Even the traditionally kid friendly dog breeds. Yet, the animal shelter will. How come? What is it the breed rescues are not doing that the shelters are?

We tried a few shelter dogs but they failed the visit with our GSD. He was a perfect gentleman and we had many very nice comments from the shelter personnel about how good he was, but, sadly, both dogs failed. Here, the vast majority of shelter dogs are pits or cur crosses. None of them were suited for a family with another dog, kids, AND cats.

The good news is that we found a wonderful dog at the shelter for grandma. Her dog is a nine year old Heeler/Beagle cross. She adores our son and follows him around when we visit.
    Is chasing cattle considered playing with your food?.

War veteran

Quote Originally Posted by microbovine View Post
    would not adopt out an adult dog to families. Even the traditionally kid friendly dog breeds. Yet, the animal shelter will. How come? What is it the breed rescues are not doing that the shelters are?

The good news is that we found a wonderful dog at the shelter for grandma. Her dog is a nine year old Heeler/Beagle cross. She adores our son and follows him around when we visit.
    Open admission shelters put a great deal of their focus on having room for incoming animals. Which means they need to either get animals adopted or euthanized. So you often have a situation where they are less picky about who adopts what. Some limited admission shelters (the so-called "no kill" shelters) are pretty picky. But they manage their populations more through refusing to take in any more until room opens up through an adoption, so they can afford to be picky.

So the shelter you visited that had no restriction on adopting adult dogs to homes with children might be a shelter that just doesn't place much/any restriction on adopters.

It is strange that every all breed rescue you contacted refused to adopt out adult dogs to homes with children. Usually it is the other way around if they have a restriction like that and refuse to adopt puppies to homes with children. I know that I usually recommend adult dogs to homes with children, and usually steered adopters interested in a puppy to an adult foster dog instead.

And I have to say that the Cattle Dog/Beagle mix must bring out the best in both breeds, while limiting the more problematic behaviors from both at the same time. I fostered a Cattle Dog/Beagle mix and he was fantastic. I eventually got him a spot in the prison inmate-shelter dog training alliance my shelter started, and I was undecided about letting him go right up until the minute I walked him into the clinic for his check-up prior to heading for his 10 week stint in the prison. I liked him that much. Awesome, awesome dog. He was adopted by one of the guards, once he graduated from the program.
    Sheilah

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vacation1 View Post
    The reason the pit bulls get banned while, say, Airedales or GSDs are not, is not because they were developed with some levels of aggression desired. It's because of their kill record. There's no other way to say it. The aggression in "fighting" breeds may be the same as in a guard or attack breed, but the outcome is almost always different - in the worst cases, a bad bite versus a catastrophic one. Pit bulls were designed to ignore pain and external cues, to become one purpose in a "fight" - to not stop biting. This is very different from guard/attack breeds, which were designed to work with people - yes, grab the fleeing suspect and pull him down, but then release on a signal, and stop. And the flood of pit bulls over the past 20 years makes this a problem from hell. There just aren't that many Airedales or Akitas in circulation.
    I think we have to ask ourselves if it is the breed alone or if the way that they are frequently kept has something to do with it. At least in my area, a number of pit bulls are kept tied to trees and never get any training or socialization. I am not saying that breeds don't have tendencies, but I have large dogs that are more like GSDs, and I can't imagine what their temperaments would be like if I had raised them that way. Pit bulls may still have a tendency towards dog aggression, but so do so many other breeds. If pit bulls were banned, don't you think it would be likely that these people would get GSDs or Akitas or something else large and potentially aggressive? And then, when those dogs attack, are we going to go in people's homes all over the place because we think that their dog is a GSD or heck he might be a mix so we'd like to go ahead and put him down as well? Breed identification in mixed breeds is tenuous at best, but even if it were possible I hate to see dogs taken away from reponsible owners and euthanized when the harsh fact is that large breed dogs are indeed capable of killing people. It is always smart to be aware of breed tendency so that you know if you are getting something you don't want, but bans are scary for anyone who wants a large dog.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfieldk View Post
    I hate when people bring up 'but Chihuahua's bite, so that makes my pit bull's bites okay.' Seriously? What kind of logic is that? Chihuahuas break skin; pit bulls take body parts. That's why it's a 'DANGEROUS' dog ban... not a 'Dog biter' ban.

To those who think pit bulls aren't people aggressive... work in a vet's office. I'm a vet tech. A lot of our pits are super friendly, and just want to crawl into your lap and snuggle. And some want to eat our head off as soon as the vet turns around with an ear cone. What I see in most of the pit bulls is not 'aggression', it's FEAR aggression. There's a difference, and that part seems very well-ingrained in a lot of them. They are quick to bite/snarl when they're scared, where others won't. And there's a lot of power behind those jaws--why do you think their heads are so big?

I've snuggled with pit bulls when they woke up from anesthesia, and was flung around a room by countless others. Three "rescue" pit bulls attacked my niece while she was trying to protect her small JRT. My uncle (who works in the city) walked in on one eating a young boy's leg off and had to kill it to get it off of the kid.

These dogs are strong, and quick to bite (as a whole). People who advocate them as family friendly dogs are idiots, imo. These are not 'beginner friendly' dogs. It'd be like getting a green, hot OTTB and giving it to a teenager. If you want one, you need to understand them and understand their play/prey drive. Pits with smart owners are wonderful. Pits with average owners are not. To think they are anything more then that is foolish. (Of course their are exceptions... there are with any breed).
    This is very similar to my experiences working with the breed as a veterinarian. I watched one maul my technician when she asked him to sit in anticipation of me giving a vaccine. Other technicians I have worked with own sweethearts of the breed. I now do ER work in a small city. The overwhelming majority of dogs seen for being bitten by another dog were bitten by pitbull types. I have had far too many owners come in for treatment for their pet while delaying treatment for their own wounds.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    Actually, they are realistic advocates for the dogs.
    Yes, they're very realistic. When they took a direct shot to the PR chest with the Darla Napoli killing, they immediately took a "all dogs are animals" approach to explain how one of their biggest fans ended up dead by one of those good pit bulls.

http://badrap-blog.blogspot.com/2011...cifica-ca.html

Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor2 View Post
    Really Vacation? A problem from hell? Do you have any clue about how many GOOD pit bulls are out there? No, you don't. Why? Because the media who educates you, rarely does stories about the good dogs.... In a peer reviewed paper, it was determined that there was no way to conclusively state that several dogs were in fact, pit bulls despite being reported as such. Do you ever see retractions from the media saying "We were wrong. It was a black lab or some other dog"? No, you don't.
    I'd rather be educated by the media, which at least doesn't literally have a dog in the fight and which does often print photos of the pit bull in question so we can all judge whether or not Gunner, Uzi, Killbaby or Rosie Posie was a pit bull or a Bichon, than by a pit bull owner who pretends that unless we can trace a canine's bloodline back to the 1938 pit champion Kentucky Slaughterhunder, we have no PROOF that it's a pit bull. Give the ID argument a break - pit bulls aren't a breed, they're a type. I doubt anyone sees many purebred American Staffordshire Terriers or American Pit Bull Terriers - most of the overpopulation is just whatever appealed to the jerk who bred the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey09 View Post
    Pit bulls may still have a tendency towards dog aggression, but so do so many other breeds. If pit bulls were banned, don't you think it would be likely that these people would get GSDs or Akitas or something else large and potentially aggressive... bans are scary for anyone who wants a large dog.
    I think the "fighting" breeds, summed up with the term "pit bull," present a unique problem because they're not just aggressive, they're also extraordinarily difficult to redirect. If you have an aggressive animal that can be scared off readily, it's bad but not a disaster. An aggressive animal that has a special tool for separating it from a victim (aka, the breaking stick)? That's a different world from the nutty Yorkie or the bad-tempered Lab. And I've personally experienced the nutty Yorkie and the bad-tempered Lab, and I didn't enjoy those experiences either, so I'm not making light of aggression in other breeds. Just pointing out that there are real reasons people look differently at pit bull attacks.

Pit bull bans shouldn't be scary for people wanting large dogs. Pit bulls are not generally large dogs. Yes, there are oversized pit bulls, and certainly the pit bull-based breeds like the American Bulldog are large, but the core pit bull types are around 40-50lbs. These days, with larger breeds being very popular, that's medium.

Quote Originally Posted by vacation1 View Post
    An aggressive animal that has a special tool for separating it from a victim (aka, the breaking stick)? That's a different world from the nutty Yorkie or the bad-tempered Lab. And I've personally experienced the nutty Yorkie and the bad-tempered Lab, and I didn't enjoy those experiences either, so I'm not making light of aggression in other breeds. Just pointing out that there are real reasons people look differently at pit bull attacks.

Pit bull bans shouldn't be scary for people wanting large dogs. Pit bulls are not generally large dogs. Yes, there are oversized pit bulls, and certainly the pit bull-based breeds like the American Bulldog are large, but the core pit bull types are around 40-50lbs. These days, with larger breeds being very popular, that's medium.
    Breaking up dog fights - in any breed, but especially a larger breed - is no small feat. It's difficult and you are always at risk for a bite. The breaking stick probably came about due to that end. I've had one breeder of a totally different breed recommend keeping a cattle prod handy for emergencies.
    Pit bulls are not necessarily large dogs, but what I meant was that there are numerous large breeds capable of damage and that have been involved in fairly severe bites. Hence, if pit bulls are banned and other breeds are kept more often as pit bulls are now, these breed bans are going to keep expanding. There is such a thing as a fairly aggressive and difficult to re-direct Lab. However, as soon as a breed ban begins, other breeds are going to be at risk as well. Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Belgian Malinois, Akitas, LGD breeds, etc. It is a difficult issue when you target specific breeds because there can be a big range of temperaments across breeds. I have had a young dog and have gone to several obedience classes. There was a GSD in one that had what I would consider a very bad temperament. He was definitely dog aggressive, in an oddly unpredictable way (fine one minute, but would go off the next). He would also direct aggression at his handler if corrected. His owners may not have been terribly experienced, but the issues the dog had were excessive even given that. There were also two Labs that were definitely not necessarily ok with other dogs. However, I know some really nice GSDs and some really nice Labs. Once you start banning breeds, then as soon as a dog of a specific breed attacks a person, there are going to be calls to ban that breed. It is a scary situation to me because of that.

It would REALLY make discussions more meaningful if people who are anti pit bull would stop comparing their bites to small dogs. OF COURSE a larger dog is going to cause more damage than a small dog (like a yorkie). It is a stupid argument to say the least to claim a pit bull causes more damage than a yorkie.

2 members found this post helpful.

The whole breed ban thing is just utterly and completely ridiculous. I volunteer with a Pitty rescue and most of the dogs are great dogs. The issue stems from the fact that this breed just seems to attract criminals and I think it is safe to say that such people are not going to give a dog correct socialization, training, they are not going to breed them responsibly ect ect and so we see the effects of this. Pick any breed of dog with some drive and put it in the same situation from a puppy and see what happens. It is just really unfortunate and then many people such as Vacation ect develop totally unfair opinions of this breed.

I am not saying that the breed in general doesn't have a higher tendency towards DOG aggression than say your average Lab (as do MANY breeds!), but the breed is not banned because people are worried about dog aggression. They are banned because people think Pittys are a threat to human safety and that is just complete and utter BS.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

I'm a vet tech and a pit bull owner and I have to say that where I work it is the little dogs like yorkies and Chihuahuas that are mostly likely to bite. Our most serious bite was given to one of the doctors by a lab. Most of my coworkers would rather examine a pit bull than a Chihuahua. And yes the media does only say a dog attack was a pit bull. It wouldn't be a headline if it wasn't and how am I to trust that they can identify that the dog is a pit bull. Case in point I was walking my pit bull and a cop told me I had a good looking boxer. I told him that Ace was a pit bull and he was shocked at how well behaved he was for that breed. Ace's best dog friend is a 5 pound Chihuahua mix and it is Brady the Chihuahua mix that is the top dog in that relationship My neighbors have a yorkie and a shih tzu who when they let them out in their backyard immediately run to the fence so they can bark at Ace has learned to ignore them. Its not just big dog owners who don't properly train their dogs so very time my dog is outside he is harassed by two dogs not even half his size. They don't stop until Ace is inside or they can't see him. Done story. But if we have to ban something how about cats They can be nastier then any dog I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    The whole breed ban thing is just utterly and completely ridiculous. I volunteer with a Pitty rescue and most of the dogs are great dogs. The issue stems from the fact that this breed just seems to attract criminals and I think it is safe to say that such people are not going to give a dog correct socialization, training, they are not going to breed them responsibly ect ect and so we see the effects of this. Pick any breed of dog with some drive and put it in the same situation from a puppy and see what happens..
    Most dogs aren't socialized, aren't trained, and many aren't bred carefully. Like most people's pets, my collie mutt wasn't the product of a careful breeding program, has had zero formal socialization, and was basically trained by being told repeatedly to get off the couch. Also like most people's pets, she's never hurt anyone. Dogs that need perfect handling shouldn't be pets; they belong in military kennels or other professional environments.

And you're going to blame drive now? What has more drive than a Lab or a Border Collie? Yet how often do you see them killing people? The greyhounds live to run, have extremely high drive to chase and kill, and virtually all greyhounds are raised in poor conditions as racing dogs. Where are all the greyhound attacks?

It is just really unfortunate and then many people such as Vacation ect develop totally unfair opinions of this breed. I am not saying that the breed in general doesn't have a higher tendency towards DOG aggression than say your average Lab (as do MANY breeds!), but the breed is not banned because people are worried about dog aggression. They are banned because people think Pittys are a threat to human safety and that is just complete and utter BS.
    14 people have died this year, so far, from dog attacks. 13 of them were killed by pit bulls. 34 were mauled to death last year; at least 21 of those were killed by pit bulls. That doesn't include the attacks that didn't result in death, but did result in injuries which are almost never seen in dog bites outside the "fighting dog" family - attacks which ended in human victims losing arms, legs, eyes, noses. This is the "unfortunate" thing about "pitties" - not that they're regarded with doubt by "unfair" people such as myself , but that they're killing people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_d..._United_States

Most dogs aren't socialized, aren't trained, and many aren't bred carefully. Like most people's pets, my collie mutt wasn't the product of a careful breeding program, has had zero formal socialization, and was basically trained by being told repeatedly to get off the couch. Also like most people's pets, she's never hurt anyone. Dogs that need perfect handling shouldn't be pets; they belong in military kennels or other professional environments.

Just like MOST pitbulls will never hurt anyone either. There is always the exception to the rule, just as is the case with all dog breeds. But lets face it, this breed attracts a lot of scum and these dogs are often not only not socialized ect but they are also raised to be aggressive which is not the case for many other breeds. So again, just as your dog has never hurt anyone , most pits fall under that category too.

And you're going to blame drive now? What has more drive than a Lab or a Border Collie? Yet how often do you see them killing people? The greyhounds live to run, have extremely high drive to chase and kill, and virtually all greyhounds are raised in poor conditions as racing dogs. Where are all the greyhound attacks?

I guess for clarity I should say I am talking about toughness, with high pain tolerance in addition to the desire to work/doing what they were bred to do. My mom was a top Schutzhund trainer for 30 years and so I know drive when I see it and I am pretty certain that any good working/protection dog breed (so by default has high drive/toughness) raised by a Michael Vick type loser would turn out to be a very dog aggressive, difficult animal. If GSD's all of a sudden became the dog of choice for criminals and dog fighters the same opinion would be formed of them yet they can be amazing! family dogs (especially the dogs from working lines). My mom's best Sch. 3 dogs were also wonderful family pets as we were growing up.

So yeah, when criminals in general prefer one breed of dog, that dog is just going to get a bad rap. It is going to bite/maim/kill more people...how can that be a surprise? Does it mean the breed in general is dangerous? No, sorry, I don't believe that for a heartbeat and my experience tells me otherwise.
    www.svhanoverians.com

Just like MOST pitbulls will never hurt anyone either. There is always the exception to the rule, just as is the case with all dog breeds.
    But as numerous as pit bulls are, they're are not the majority of dogs. They're common, but they're not 99% - or even 90% - of the canine population. So why are they basically clocking in at 99% of the dog attacks and killings?

[B] I guess for clarity I should say I am talking about toughness, with high pain tolerance in addition to the desire to work/doing what they were bred to do.
    They're not tough. If they were tough dogs, they'd attack strapping young Marines and dogs their own size. Instead, their victims are usually children, old people, the handicapped, puppies and aged dogs. It's not toughness that you're seeing when they refuse to let go of another living being's throat, despite being kicked or beaten. That relentless grinding through flesh is not toughness, just an obsessive characteristic, deliberately selected for and combined with the same high tolerance for physical pain that's also been selected for by people who bred retrievers.

And anyone who can refer to pit bulls and the "work they were bred to do" has a problem. You can bemoan the way Border Collies don't have sheep sense, or the lack of field trial Irish Setters, but the work pit bulls were bred to do is worthless and evil. There's no reason to have a pit bull with high drive or dog-aggression; they're not going back into the pit.

My mom was a top Schutzhund trainer for 30 years and so I know drive when I see it and I am pretty certain that any good working/protection dog breed (so by default has high drive/toughness) raised by a Michael Vick type loser would turn out to be a very dog aggressive, difficult animal.
    The comparison is an insult to the working breeds, many of which went through a period of reworking to fit better into normal society, to eliminate sharp Dobermans and shy GSDs. Are there still sharp Dobes and shy Shepherds? Sure, but those aren't watchword traits for the breeds in the way that dog-aggressive is to the pit bulls.

And most pit bulls that attack aren't owned by the Vicks of this world. They were virtually all bred by them, and that's the problem. There's not going to be a change in the breed or their status as a hated, feared killer, until there's a strong enough breed-specific stick to beat back the breeders. Eliminate the dog-aggression that creates predatory behaviors, eliminate the neurotic obsession with clamping down that produces massive crushing injuries, and you have a heavy, medium-large breed with short hair, a big head and too much energy for most people. Basically, a Lab. What's the down side? That a few thousand current pit bull owners will have to jump through a few hoops to grandfather in their current pet?

But as numerous as pit bulls are, they're are not the majority of dogs. Again, they are the breed of choice for criminals and other loosers that are seeking to develop an aggressive dog. I would actually say that 90 percent of these type of people have a Pitty if they have a dog. Most of the time when you hear of attacks it is by dogs that are owned by such people (and likely raised by them).

They're not tough. Yes, they are. By tough I mean they have very high pain tolerance.

The comparison is an insult to the working breeds, I am sorry you find it insulting but you are an idiot if you think a GSD or Dob raised by a dog fighting gang member wouldn't turn into an aggressive, maladjusted dog! Talk about living in a fantasy world.

Obviously the dogs are being over bred and often by idiot people who have no buisness whatsoever breeding dogs....and obviously this should stop. Irresponsible breeding (actually breeding in general) needs to stop but the fact is that the VAST majority of Pittys are wonderful dogs, so why should they and their owners suffer because other people have a totally unrealistic version of reality?
    www.svhanoverians.com

3 members found this post helpful.

I get that we can't legislate responsibility. But, working in the ER patching up dogs that have been attacked by pit bulls gets old. Last night, I pieced a puppy back together after a pitbull tried to rip its front leg off. It was a six pound puppy attacked in its own yard. And as per usual, the owner of the attacking dog ran from the scene of the crime and their financial responsibility. $900 bill with me keeping things as minimal as I could. Last month, we saw an agility dog whose competition career is done after its hip was shredded by an off leash pitbull. Pitbull owner blamed the on leash Cotonou du Tulear and again took no responsibility. Said pitbull also inflicted multiple bite wounds to the Coton's owner. But no legislation would make these irresponsible owners in to responsible owners.

[B] Again, they are the breed of choice for criminals and other loosers that are seeking to develop an aggressive dog. I would actually say that 90 percent of these type of people have a Pitty if they have a dog. Most of the time when you hear of attacks it is by dogs that are owned by such people (and likely raised by them).
    One, those people don't have to develop a dangerous, aggressive breed when they pick the pit bulls. They already have it. And two, the only people creating the "fighting" breeds (apart from the statistically insignificant show breeders) are those who want them to be vicious. It doesn't matter who ends up with them later, after they're dumped at the shelter or end up seized by AC after the owner's arrested - they're being bred for aggression. You can take them home, give them snuggles, socialize the living heck out of them, and they will still have their truly tragic genetic predisposition to attack, and to never let go once they've grabbed someone. Why is this so controversial? Every other breed all but trumpets it - greyhounds can't go offlead, the terriers are predatory toward rodents, labs love water - but the whole story changes with pit bulls. Oh, no. Just because they're all bred to fight doesn't mean ANYTHING.

[B] Yes, they are. By tough I mean they have very high pain tolerance.
    You're using it not as a technical term for a physiological condition, but as a lay term with positive connotations. I refuse to do that. "Tough" is a dog that survives a pit bull attack, not a pit bull that is able to keep on keeping on with the attack despite a kick in the head and a broom handle breaking across its back. That's just freakish, the same sort of genetic nightmare as a Corgi's dwarfed legs or an English Bulldog's flat face. Who wants a dog whose brain essentially shuts down during aggression?

[B] I am sorry you find it insulting but you are an idiot if you think a GSD or Dob raised by a dog fighting gang member wouldn't turn into an aggressive, maladjusted dog! Talk about living in a fantasy world. Obviously the dogs are being over bred and often by idiot people who have no buisness whatsoever breeding dogs....and obviously this should stop.
    Oh, and how? Dog fighting is pretty much the only form of animal abuse that gets prosecuted, and that's because there's money in it. And yet, despite the fact that dog fighting actually carries huge penalties, it's clearly a growth industry. The quickest way to break the back of the fighting industry is to make the dogs illegal. Get caught with a pit bull, you're going to jail. No more stories of people with 13 pit bulls in the basement, but hey, what does that prove except there's a real animal lover in the house? If you're a citizen and you want one, you get to prove you're not a freak, get to apply for a special license and maintain that eligibility. Just like people who want to fly hawks or own guns. It's not an offense against the flag to limit dog ownership.

But if you disagree, how about you give a real answer to how we stop the breeders? Not just "Oh, well, the cops should enforce the law more harshly against people whose pit bulls attack" and then wander off whistling. I'm sick of the pit bull people; they show up screaming and threatening during every BSL attempt, but they offer zero support for any other measures to address dog attacks - enforcement or creation of dangerous dog laws, prosecution of owners, etc. Half the time, when there's a specific case of a pit bull that attacks someone, the pit bull fans come out to support the owner, if the owner is a "regular" person rather than an obvious criminal, and has the cunning to start a Facebook page dedicated to springing their biter from AC.

Irresponsible breeding (actually breeding in general) needs to stop but the fact is that the VAST majority of Pittys are wonderful dogs, so why should they and their owners suffer because other people have a totally unrealistic version of reality?
    And you're an idiot if you think that a less than 100% maul rate among the entire pit bull population means more than the fact that one type of dog is responsible for virtually all serious dog attacks. Not all greyhounds chase cats; that doesn't mean greyhounds are de facto safe with cats.

You know what Vacation, there is not even a point in conversing with you because you aren't trying to converse. You hate this breed and the people that love them and nothing is going to change that. And hey, that is your right. Just glad most people aren't so narrow minded.
    www.svhanoverians.com

You know what Vacation, there is not even a point in conversing with you because you aren't trying to converse. You hate this breed and the people that love them and nothing is going to change that. And hey, that is your right. Just glad most people aren't so narrow minded.
    I'm not trying to bend over, and I think that's what you find objectionable. It's a strange trait that the people who so aggressively defend the "fighting" breeds are themselves completely unhinged when they encounter an argument. They typically do what you've done, and resort to name-calling and attempted shaming to escape the conversation. You're not worth hating.

Name calling?? Coming completely unhinged?? Yeahhhhh..... And FWIW I don't own a Pit Bull or Pit mix, I don't have a "dog in this fight" so to speak and no, I am not "aggressively defending" them. I just don't believe that Pit Bulls, in general, are the monsters you make them out to be. I am not fond of over generalizations and I simply do not buy the media hysteria...if you want to then that is your choice.

You're not worth hating. What does that even mean? Am I supposed to be insulted because I am "not worth hating"??
    www.svhanoverians.com

I just don't believe that Pit Bulls, in general, are.. monsters...
    I've deleted the total crap and just left the weak defense at its core. See, now that's a start. Stick with that sort of thing, maybe build on it, get away from focusing on others and how they are haters, media -led idiots, etc., and focus on your own points, such as they are.

We're closing this thread as it's getting into some personal commentary.

Thanks,
    Mod 1