The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

It's so good to hear that D-Day's frisky enough to be naughty! Sending jingles and warm wishes.

jingles!!!!!!!!!
    Tack Cleaning/All-Things-Tack nut
    ~DQ wanna-be~

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    It's so good to hear that D-Day's frisky enough to be naughty! Sending jingles and warm wishes.
    HA! I was thinking this very same thing This is *excellent* news, you must be so excited by the progress.

Continued jingles, but it sounds like things have "turned a corner", and maybe we can collectively take a bit of an exhale. With cautious optimism

Get some rest, and please keep us posted! Surely someone on this thread has some technological expertise (and is a premium member), and can post the pics??

Every day is a new, good day...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Thursday jingles and hopes for more feisty D-Day highjinks!

Oh good..Karate chops work..Good boy!!!

Default SMILES !!!

Sunshine SMILES !!!!
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Friday jingles! Good to hear he's improving.

I have nothing but good vibes for D-day and oopsie, but (and I ask this in a whisper) what are jingles? I'm assuming they are vibes, but from where do "jungles" come?

Jingling curb chains

Thank you, JB. Sorry about the "jungles" in previous post...
    Last edited by RutlandH2O; Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typo

I had a comeback to the jungles but was in a hurry

1 members found this post helpful.

I hope D-day has continued to improve!

OK - just found this thread and read through it - good for the little fella - glad he's doing so well. Now.

I think STRONGLY that he should be named Normandy. Its very elegant for showing. Then, his barn name can be Norman. It just makes me laugh and laugh to think about calling him Norman. Hope it fits him well!
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Saturday update - 9 days old.

Little bugger gets stronger daily, bloodwork continues to look good. Almost there getting up on his own, still needs to get his back legs under him the right way and PUSH off.

Unfortunately we are now dealing with several pressure sores. One of which looks horrible. It is at his hip, so incredibly difficult to bandage. We do try to keep him on his other side and will work on more standing during the day. Now that I am home I can do better with that.

He did get to go outside today for the first time! Ava rolled and rolled. D-Day got his hiney washed, his boo boos cleaned and creamed, so outside wasn't as much fun for him ;-)

Got o figure a way to cover his poor sores.

Got to run. Actually have farm sitter who will be doing 3 feedings for me today so I can attend a high school graduation AND a wedding. My mom will be here watching my sons so there are plenty of folks capable.

Thanks for all the good wishes - now we need STANDING and Healing vibes!
    www.PVDARideforLife.org Recognized Show/Benefit. Proceeds go to JHU Avon Foundation Breast Center June 22 & 23, 2013

(http://store.pvda.org/) - Great Items with an Equine BC Ribbon Theme!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oppsie2 View Post
    Saturday update - 9 days old.

Little bugger gets stronger daily, bloodwork continues to look good. Almost there getting up on his own, still needs to get his back legs under him the right way and PUSH off.

Unfortunately we are now dealing with several pressure sores. One of which looks horrible. It is at his hip, so incredibly difficult to bandage. We do try to keep him on his other side and will work on more standing during the day. Now that I am home I can do better with that.

He did get to go outside today for the first time! Ava rolled and rolled. D-Day got his hiney washed, his boo boos cleaned and creamed, so outside wasn't as much fun for him ;-)

Got o figure a way to cover his poor sores.

Got to run. Actually have farm sitter who will be doing 3 feedings for me today so I can attend a high school graduation AND a wedding. My mom will be here watching my sons so there are plenty of folks capable.

Thanks for all the good wishes - now we need STANDING and Healing vibes!
    STANDING AND HEALING VIBES coming your way!

You have a lot going on today, luckily you also have some backup

Great that he got a chance to go out on this beautiful day--even though he didn't "technically" get to enjoy it, poor boy.

Good to hear that he continues to make progress, perhaps some of the COTHers on this thread have some suggestions as to how best to treat the pressure sores? It sounds like you are (as you have been) doing everything you can, and all the right things.

Fight on and continue to rally, little D-Day! Between your uber conscientious "mom" and the Power of COTH, you will pull through this...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Saturday jingles and cheers!

Regarding the pressure sores..would it help to put a foal quilted blanket on to protect the hips? Just trying to think how you can pad up that area. I've even see foals in human sweatshirts arranged to protect wounds.

I think Elastikon is worth a shot to cover his sores. Just make sure the surrounding hair is totally clean and dry. You can stick a patch of gauze over the sore to prevent the tape from sticking. Perhaps they make gel bandages for human pressure sores that would be big enough?
    A gel mat that you can stick under him may help some, too. Good luck!
    As Peter, Paul, and Mary say, a dragon lives forever.

Really happy to hear he is doing better!

I have had success on a BIG gelding with a hip sore with using a lot of neosporin on big gauze pad with several more added for padding...and then using duct tape to hold it in place. The duct tape had the added benefit of providing some waterproofing....or should I say..poop and pee proofing.

Edited to add...I used the duct tape out of desperation...I couldn't get anything else to stay in place. He did heal up quickly after that.