The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post
    Great update! Wish you had folks nearby that could spell you. Jingling like mad...
    I am too. We're all pulling for you and little D-Day.
    Libby

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - DAVE BARRY

oppsie--update?? Even real quick; I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are a bit worried...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post
    oppsie--update?? Even real quick; I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are a bit worried...
    Good Lord - give the poor woman a break.

And why "a bit worried"?? Her last updates have been anything BUT worrying.

Cut the drama already - at least for her sake. No reason to make her feel guilty because she doesn't come on here every few hours to assuage the masses.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    Good Lord - give the poor woman a break.

And why "a bit worried"?? Her last updates have been anything BUT worrying.

Cut the drama already - at least for her sake. No reason to make her feel guilty because she doesn't come on here every few hours to assuage the masses.
    No need for the , Bacardi. OR the snark.

We are all just concerned, OF COURSE she is overwhelmed, and OF COURSE posting should be the "least of her worries."

I think everyone is just hoping for a good outcome, so were looking for a *brief* note from her--as in "everything is status quo"--or if things were not improving (as they seem to be!), she could share her concerns, ask questions, and benefit from the COTH wisdom, provided by the many helpful and experienced breeders who continue to offer good advice for her.

Good grief!

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

8 members found this post helpful.

I think the fact OP comes and posts regularly means she likes doing it and probably appreciates the advice and well wishes. Bacardi had the same snark a while ago.

Love hearing about your guy oopsie, look forward to pictures one day

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Jingles laced with inner strength ~ thinking of Team D-Day !

Jingles laced with innner strength ~

Thinking of Team D-Day ~

Please know we're All with you "guys" ~

with

thoughts and prayers and understanding ~

((hugs))

how Dr. D and I ``` wish we could 'help' in person !

Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Jingles from Ohio.

Tuesday jingles...

SEVERE storms here last night. Confirmed tornado about 5 miles from here.

Worn out. D-Day continues his uphill climb. Still not getting up on his own, but only needs a slight hand to do it. Hind tendons stronger, fronts relaxing a bit more per vets observation this am. White cell count still good, but protein dropped some from yesterday - concerning, but not totally alarmed since all else is good. Eating well, gathering strength. Is going under Ava but not figured out how to latch. She isn't cooperating, so we will give her a wee bit of ace and hold her (will also help with relaxing for milk to drop).

Still gets his to antibiotic shots every AM. Daily vet visit. No where near out of the woods, but every day we see some improvement which is hopeful. DH is super. Stayed and worked from home yesterday so I could go to work. Today I am home doing all the stuff. Did get a little more sleep last night.

DD - if I text u pix, can you post? My brain is way to freakin whacked out to figure out how to post. Have to find your cell - or email/pm me.

Thanks so much everyone for support. This is a long journey. Now I know what folks have gone through when I have read their stories... Glad I always said a silent prayer for them along the way.

Strengthening prayers for all! and a hug or two!!!

Default Team D-Day ! is great !!! Thanks for update ~ Jingles & AO continue !!!

Team D-Day is great !!!!

Thanks for update !

Sunshine Jingles & AO continue ~!
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Guessing we are in the same state from your signature. I could come lend a hand if you need a rest.

Thanks for the update. Jingles continue from California.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

oppsie; thanks so much for the update, it sounds like you are still "fighting the good fight"--as is D-Day! (How appropriate that name is...

Every day that he shows even a *slight* improvement (or holds his own) is a good day: "eating well and gathering strength" is SO good to hear!

You are lucky to have your DH helping you out during this very trying time (as ZuZu mentioned, we only wish we were closer to you ...

Since I'm not a premium member, the only way I could post pics for you is if I were to download them to my photobucket account and send people the link and the password (which I have a *devil* of a time doing even for MY OWN pics, since I am an "electronics ignoramus", and must beg for help from family members :-/)

Is there anyone else following this thread who is a premium member, and who could post pics for oppsie?

HANG IN THERE, {hugs} to you, and to this brave little guy...

I can post pics.

Great Update. Hang in there.

Jingle, jingle, jingle...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post
    No need for the , Bacardi. OR the snark.

We are all just concerned, OF COURSE she is overwhelmed, and OF COURSE posting should be the "least of her worries."

I think everyone is just hoping for a good outcome, so were looking for a *brief* note from her--as in "everything is status quo"--or if things were not improving (as they seem to be!), she could share her concerns, ask questions, and benefit from the COTH wisdom, provided by the many helpful and experienced breeders who continue to offer good advice for her.

Good grief!
    Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    I think the fact OP comes and posts regularly means she likes doing it and probably appreciates the advice and well wishes. Bacardi had the same snark a while ago.

Love hearing about your guy oopsie, look forward to pictures one day
    Call it what you want, but the OP is obviously going through an extremely exhausting & stressful situation. Yet, when 12 hours pass & she hasn't posted an "update", suddenly folks are on here asking for "updates" & - of all things - PICS!!

If she "enjoys" posting constant updates, that's fine. But has it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps she might feel guiltily compelled to do asap because of the constant beg-a-thon for it on here? THAT's the base for my comments.

I'd just as soon let her do what has to be done & get some rest/sleep rather than worry/think about the folks on here who keep asking/wanting her to take & post pics, of all things. Good grief.

I'm thinking of the OP; not the rest of you.

Not to be snarky Barcardi - but I "know" Dr Doolittle" and others here. No one is bothering me, just the oposite. In fact the constant comments of need update and would love to see pics when u r ready is what is keeping me going at this point. yes I am exhausted and sometimes I don't post, but I love that so many folks from all over who don't know me or even who I am IRL are cheering me on and wishing good things for a foal they have no stake in other than to see another horse owner have a good outcome.

May actually go out for dinner tonight with family. Vet says 3 hr intervals are fine at this point. Not really hungry, but would be good to get away for a bit.

D-Day says thanks to all his friends!

Laurierace - I am about 30 mins from Balt up 70. I know you are S AAC... would LOVE help, but know you are busy and hate to impose upon anyone. I wish today I could have had a horseperson here so I could have worked ;-) Tomorrow & rest of week are only 3 hrs each day, so DH and I can manage and I can work. I am so thankful for your offer. Maybe a visit one day would be nice!

6 members found this post helpful.

I am in Bel Air but would still help you out if you need it. Feel free to ask!

dunno why I thought you were out of bowie originally. duh, tired, have you and other person confused. I will shoot u a message if I need a break and dh is too worn out too. your offer is wonderful!

ZuZu & DD - Just get in the car and drive - I will supply food & wine ;-) We can all have a barn sleepover at oppsies! Make it a CoTH fest - everyone bring something and take a turn at feeding D-Day ;-) I can see it now

Quote Originally Posted by oppsie2 View Post
    SEVERE storms here last night. Confirmed tornado about 5 miles from here.

Worn out. D-Day continues his uphill climb. Still not getting up on his own, but only needs a slight hand to do it. Hind tendons stronger, fronts relaxing a bit more per vets observation this am. White cell count still good, but protein dropped some from yesterday - concerning, but not totally alarmed since all else is good. Eating well, gathering strength. Is going under Ava but not figured out how to latch. She isn't cooperating, so we will give her a wee bit of ace and hold her (will also help with relaxing for milk to drop).

Still gets his to antibiotic shots every AM. Daily vet visit. No where near out of the woods, but every day we see some improvement which is hopeful. DH is super. Stayed and worked from home yesterday so I could go to work. Today I am home doing all the stuff. Did get a little more sleep last night.

DD - if I text u pix, can you post? My brain is way to freakin whacked out to figure out how to post. Have to find your cell - or email/pm me.

Thanks so much everyone for support. This is a long journey. Now I know what folks have gone through when I have read their stories... Glad I always said a silent prayer for them along the way.
    Then I apologize & respectfully bow out. My concerns were only for you & your situation.

3 members found this post helpful.