The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Online source for lungeline exercises?

I'm fortunate enough to have a good lungeline horse to work with, and was interested to see if anyone has any good resources for exercises that can be done with an intermediate rider. These can be either online or in print; I'm just curious as to what's out there these days that's filtered through a lens of personal experience and not just googled .

Thumbs up

http://www.horse-previews.com/content/view/67/

This article is reasonably good. The exercises are the basics, and as you progress through them it is your responsibility to keep the rider safe, and within their comfort zone.

In English tack, I prefer to see the reins knotted and run through a grab strap. The rider then has them, if necessary. I also make note that I consider "flipping" the longe line at the horse, sloppy technique. If the person doing the longeing can't handle a whip and longe line simultaneously they'd best learn that first.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.