The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth

Thumbs up I love you people... (my horse loves you people....) Smarties!!! Thank you!!!!

Just really wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone on this board. I honestly don't think my guy would be living any kind of a happy life if it weren't for all the knowledge and advice on here. I never would have diagnosed his hind gut ulcers/RDC without this board; and same with his IR (he has not tested positive yet but I am sure he is). This morning I picked a huge bean out of his manhood with KY Jelly after reading about the KY option here because I had been putting off cleaning with a commercial product since he is so sensitive to everything.

I honestly had never heard of things like hay testing (thank you Katty Watts) or fecal testing (some of you should have a degree in de-worming!) and I was in Pony Club and in show barns for years and years...

So just a HUGE thank you and Luca sends a big wet sloppy kiss for all of you who take the time to post your knowledge, advice and support on here
    Last edited by bucksnort; May. 10, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

16 members found this post helpful.

Awww, that gives me goosebumps!!

I know many people, including some right here on this board, really poo-poo those who come here looking for information. *I* understand that some people live in a giant dead spot of professional knowledge, whether it's farriers or vets or nutritionists or even just a decent feed store or *gasp* ALL of those!

BIG hugs to you and everyone like you who seek their own information and use it as appropriate to help their animals

5 members found this post helpful.

I'm so pleased that COTH made a horse's life better. Great way to start the weekend. Thanks for letting everyone here know.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

1 members found this post helpful.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth

Here is the beautiful boy that sends his kisses to everyone

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

*spontaneous smile*

There really is a wealth of knowledge on this board. I've learned quite a bit in the few short years I've been on here--stuff that comes to mind include the Thermacare pad on top of Animalintex hoof poultice topped w/duct tape bootie for an abscess (THE best, most effective abscess remedy), an incredible amount of de-worming knowledge from The Deworming Goddess Herself, JB , and the KY Jelly for sheath cleaning. I'm sure there's tons more. So, yes, a big THANK YOU to everyone on here!

2 members found this post helpful.

Same here. Who knows if I even would have heard of Pentosan otherwise, and it has given me my best girl back!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksnort View Post
    Just really wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone on this board. I honestly don't think my guy would be living any kind of a happy life if it weren't for all the knowledge and advice on here. I never would have diagnosed his hind gut ulcers/RDC without this board; and same with his IR (he has not tested positive yet but I am sure he is). This morning I picked a huge bean out of his manhood with KY Jelly after reading about the KY option here because I had been putting off cleaning with a commercial product since he is so sensitive to everything.

I honestly had never heard of things like hay testing (thank you Katty Watts) or fecal testing (some of you should have a degree in de-worming!) and I was in Pony Club and in show barns for years and years...

So just a HUGE thank you and Luca sends a big wet sloppy kiss for all of you who take the time to post your knowledge, advice and support on here
    I used to use KY Jelly for sheath cleaning, but with 3 geldings - I tended to buy quite a lot of it A few years ago, I bought a gallon of the OB lubricant with a pump! WAYYYYYY cheaper than those little tubes of KY from the big box store!

http://www.jefferspet.com/generic-ob.../LIV/cp/LE-GC/

It's amazing what you can learn on COTH! I always come here for any breaking news, or if I'm faced with a specific horsekeeping issue. Somebody needs to publish a CoTH reference book!
    Cindy

I have gained more knowledge here than through my 20+ years of riding and horse ownership.

This board has been my life support during a year and a half of returning to horse ownership from a long ago past, and "test driving" two unacceptable places, although I'll have to say experiences in both places taught me a lot about my horse.

Seem to be in the right place now, but kept my sanity in the interim with all the advice and support from here.

Love the picture!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Same for me. I've learned so much from reading COTH, both things that I wanted more information on as well as stuff I never would've even known of otherwise!

Here's another huge THANK YOU to everyone that takes the time to share their knowledge, ideas, opinions.

I agree with you OP. This place is amazing, and it's changed mine and my horses lives too.

I love the portrait of you and Luke. Absolutely beautiful!