The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

This is why the FEI has its two categories of controlled medication and prohibited substances. Until horses have to have medication passports, there will always be the excuses.

The USEF vet bragged at the H/J meeting this past year that, after a full year of negotiations with the FEI, the USEF had gotten permission to use its pre-existing penalties instead of the much harsher FEI ones. Almost immediately after that brag, the NYTimes comes out with its article and the USEF suddenly realizes that drugging in show horses under its control is rampant and makes the big show of the Town Halls.

Kind of makes one wonder which is the "real" USEF position, doesn't it?

The USA isn't special; why doesn't the USEF just adopt the same drugging rules as the rest of the world? Oh, wait, our racing horsemen won't do that either. There a very interesting set of articles about the history and current state of US race drugging linked on the Racing Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Going to disagree a little here about everybody getting the same punishment regardless of past record. I don't necessarily think first offenders with a substance having legit vet uses that could have been given several days earlier need the same length of suspension and fine as a repeat offender administering a human anti psychotic or the guaranteed not to test drug du jour with no other purpose then to calm. The first is sloppy, bad management or carelessness for sure but the second is well thought out done with full knowledge and premeditation for the sole purpose of cheating. IMO there can be some flexibility in differentiating between the two offenses.

I do think even the first time violation for whatever reason, mistake or not, warrants more then is now given as well as a more timely-and less convenient-suspension. Horse and owner should be out too, not just the trainer or person signing the entry blank.

Repeat offenders, horse, trainer and owner ought to be out a good long time as should those who had full knowledge their actions constitute cheating done for the sole purpose of cheating.

When I mentioned needing well known names earlier? We need them to actually propose a rule change and, preferably, sit on a committee that decides whether they go any further or not-meaning an insider for want of a better term. To few decide too much with too much self interest and cronyism as it stands.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    If there is such a method, I am not familiar with it.
    Thanks MHM.
    I suppose then, that the buyer of a horse is able to find out about the horses' testing positive for substances only if the rider/trainer is currently suspended. That's too bad.

How are the drugging issues handled in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    How are the drugging issues handled in Europe?
    http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...ted-medication

Apparently the German Equestrian Federation takes (ulcer) medication violations quite seriously.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Hermit,
    As a favor to so many of us who have put Amberhill on "Ignore", please don't quote.. Engaging, at this point, is akin to validation, and believe me you are pi$$ing in the wind if you think that you can get any simple, intelligent point, across to this person.

We can have a discussion about the issue without going off the rails with this person. If you can't help but engage, please do it by PM so we can have a civilized discussion, minus the crazy train.
    SORRY! Didn't mean to fuel the crazy train, just annoys me every time I read about the lack of Carolina Gold in her rants.
    Always makes me feel like reminding readers that Magnesium doesn't test! That is it I'm done

For those of you who didn't know, your posting here is in violation of the rules of USEF and copyright laws. Given you know whose posting on ripoffreport she is exposed again for a USEF hearing and punishment. Anyone who posted should fix the problem and take down what they posted. COTH too may not have known as should delete all the rulings

This Website and its contents and images are the property of United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. (formerly the American Horse Shows Association, Inc.) and are copyrighted by United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. 1999-2007. All rights reserved. The information presented on this site is for the exclusive use of Federation members and by United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. Licensed Competitions. By downloading any material from this site, you agree that downloaded information is for your own personal use and for no other purposes. Further reproduction of any United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. copyrighted material is expressly prohibited. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the materials contained herein, the Federation assumes no responsibility to anyone for any errors or omissions.
    Anthony 'Tony' Soprano Sr.: If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them

99% sure that's not how copyright law works, jonesy that's just like the people who try to claim that any Facebook user who posts song lyrics as a status is violating copyright law.

8 members found this post helpful.

In addition....I think anyone can go and get that information. I never have to sign in to see the items we are discussing.

If they really wanted to keep it to federation members only, you would think you would need a user ID and password to access the information.

Wish I knew, but the journey is interesting

It is possible to apply discipline: the authority just has to believe it too.

http://www.britishhorseracing.pressc...rooni-3c2.aspx

Al Zarooni was warned off for EIGHT YEARS

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    For those of you who didn't know, your posting here is in violation of the rules of USEF and copyright laws...
    As a persion who has written copyright protected material, yeah, no.

7 members found this post helpful.

Unfortunately, offering even ACME advice validates her and encourages repeat visits. Mistake to engage her instead of ignore or skip it.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Do you also think you will get arrested for ripping the tags off of pillows or mattresses?

6 members found this post helpful.

I know I get nervous about it every time I tear one off a new pillow - bad girl

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    You know, I wonder if everyone stops calling attention to her bizarre behavior, if maybe she'll go away...
    Did she really mean to write this ???
    "At the very least, something good should come out of my ponies tragic death."

How many ponies were there ?
    -Amor vincit omnia-

2 members found this post helpful.

STOP FEEDING IT. Only then is there a faint chance it will crawl off into the night. There is no logic in the ramblings of the delusional, only the need for validation and acceptance to allow it to continue commanding attention from an attentive audience.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    STOP FEEDING IT. Only then is there a faint chance it will crawl off into the night. There is no logic in the ramblings of the delusional, only the need for validation and acceptance to allow it to continue commanding attention from an attentive audience.
    Guys, I think mom's getting mad for real. Maybe we should humor her for a little while till she calms down. We don't want to get grounded with Devon coming up and all.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    For those of you who didn't know, your posting here is in violation of the rules of USEF and copyright laws. Given you know whose posting on ripoffreport she is exposed again for a USEF hearing and punishment. Anyone who posted should fix the problem and take down what they posted. COTH too may not have known as should delete all the rulings

This Website and its contents and images are the property of United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. (formerly the American Horse Shows Association, Inc.) and are copyrighted by United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. 1999-2007. All rights reserved. The information presented on this site is for the exclusive use of Federation members and by United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. Licensed Competitions. By downloading any material from this site, you agree that downloaded information is for your own personal use and for no other purposes. Further reproduction of any United States Equestrian Federation, Inc. copyrighted material is expressly prohibited. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the materials contained herein, the Federation assumes no responsibility to anyone for any errors or omissions.
    Jonesy,
    Providing a link to a public website on a BB is OK. Relax..