The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Question about Stall Fees at Hits Saugerties

Just curious as I have a possible opportunity to show at Hits this summer - All of my classes would be on Friday... is it still required to pay a weekly stall fee if we basically shipped in for a division and all classes are in a row and that was it? I can't find anything in the prize list about no ship ins and not aware how it works at shows like this.

Any insight would be great!

We have shipped in in the past and didn't pay the weekly stall fee, but I'm not sure if they have changed their protocols because of the new health requirements. It's probably best to call and ask the office directly

As far as I know, there are no day stalls - so if you need to use a stall at all you have to pay for the week. However, if you just want to show off the trailer, that used to be allowed. I'd call to confirm just in case its changing this year.

As far as I know you are only charged for a stall if you order one with your entries. You are not automatically given a stall. I am fairly certain they allow ship-ins (with proper biosecurity documentation).

If your horse sets foot in a stall, you pay for the week whether you ordered it with your entries or go in the office day of and get somebody to take the padlock off of it. Used to be you could try to sneak into a stall recently vacated and not yet locked for a few hours but those are also not stripped yet and that would not be too smart these days.

Far as I know, most managers are still taking ship ins for the day-you will get dinged the usual office charges, fees and a haul in fee. I looked thru their entry book/prize "list" the other day and did not see anything about any changes to haul in policies.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    If your horse sets foot in a stall, you pay for the week whether you ordered it with your entries or go in the office day of and get somebody to take the padlock off of it. Used to be you could try to sneak into a stall recently vacated and not yet locked for a few hours but those are also not stripped yet and that would not be too smart these days.

Far as I know, most managers are still taking ship ins for the day-you will get dinged the usual office charges, fees and a haul in fee. I looked thru their entry book/prize "list" the other day and did not see anything about any changes to haul in policies.
    No plans of going into a stall - Would tack up and show since our classes are very close to the 8 am start time, and are all consecutive. I didn't find anything but wanted to make sure there isn't some hidden fee for just shipping in as I know HITS loves their money!

Quote Originally Posted by horsegal301 View Post
    No plans of going into a stall - Would tack up and show since our classes are very close to the 8 am start time, and are all consecutive. I didn't find anything but wanted to make sure there isn't some hidden fee for just shipping in as I know HITS loves their money!
    Oh, all fees, haul in or resident, are spelled out clearly in that prize book, look at the entry blank itself carefully down in the right hand corner where the charges are totaled up. That's easier then wading thru all the fine print about loose dogs and trailer/loading areas. Only thing I'd question is the mandatory night watch fee since he is not there overnight, that I would byatch about if I hauled in for the day and they tried to stick it on there.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Last summer we saw people showing off their trailers, best to check the prize list to be sure it's still allowed. Happy showing!

We do daily ship in at Culpeper and there is a $25 grounds fee/ship-in per week. Same thing for this circuit year. We shipped in daily at the Culpeper show in April.

Quote Originally Posted by DNB View Post
    We do daily ship in at Culpeper and there is a $25 grounds fee/ship-in per week. Same thing for this circuit year. We shipped in daily at the Culpeper show in April.
    I don't have a problem with that (in addition to all the other stupid fees that they throw in with the exception of possibly asking about the nightwatch fee) since $200 is a huge leap from $25 and this would be a save for the next month and a half kind of show experience for me, so really the less money I have to shell out is much, much better, even if it's just one division! :P

I don't have a problem with that (in addition to all the other stupid fees that they throw in with the exception of possibly asking about the nightwatch fee) since $200 is a huge leap from $25 and this would be a save for the next month and a half kind of show experience for me, so really the less money I have to shell out is much, much better, even if it's just one division! :P
    They have never charged us a night watch fee for shipping in, so you should be ok in regards to that! It normally ends up being around $200 a week total for me.