The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Welcome to Canada Redwine and Aloha!!!

Just thought I would send out a warm welcome to these two wonderful stallions. I am so excited for this breeding season and can't wait to see the Canadian bred babies of 2014. It should be a great year!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

You are one brave OP.

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

23 members found this post helpful.

5 members found this post helpful.

It's still putting $$$ into Jill Burnell's hands. I hope not too many people are willing to overlook this.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

16 members found this post helpful.

\where have you been? there is a very long thread on the subject... any horse still associated with Jill Burnell is not good news, no matter where they are. Do a search!

I ll save you the effort
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...redwine+canada

6 members found this post helpful.

As someone who has been burned by Jill Burnell, it makes no sense to me that you would welcome putting cash in her pocket. Have you forgotten this post that you made?

I am a Canadian Sport Horse breeder who purchased not one but two breedings to Redwine paid in full in good faith in 2010.(Have signed contract and money order receipt for those doubters out there) For two years I tried desperately to get semen from Jill and for two years I had no babies. She misrepresented herself and her farm with such beautifull websites and facebook pages. I am sure that I am one of a large amount of people who can tell the same or similar story. FRAUD!!!

It amazes me that this woman can steal money from people all over and put the health of these animals in jepordy. She has continued her illegal dealings(fraudulent contracts/taking money) from innocent clients for years with many of you standing watching and you still support her. When is enough, enough? When willl she be made to pay! How is it possible that she can accomplish all of this with no legal consiquences? Do you think you will still benefit from her friendship? Open your eyes!!!

Let's get these horses to a safer place and make this woman accountable for her actions.

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by VLF Sporthorses View Post
    I am a Canadian Sport Horse breeder who purchased not one but two breedings to Redwine paid in full in good faith in 2010.(Have signed contract and money order receipt for those doubters out there) For two years I tried desperately to get semen from Jill and for two years I had no babies. She misrepresented herself and her farm with such beautifull websites and facebook pages. I am sure that I am one of a large amount of people who can tell the same or similar story. FRAUD!!!

It amazes me that this woman can steal money from people all over and put the health of these animals in jepordy. She has continued her illegal dealings(fraudulent contracts/taking money) from innocent clients for years with many of you standing watching and you still support her. When is enough, enough? When willl she be made to pay! How is it possible that she can accomplish all of this with no legal consiquences? Do you think you will still benefit from her friendship? Open your eyes!!!
    This is a quote from you from the Jill Burnell thread. Disbelief is an understatement here. Why on God's green earth would you still want to support her? Why? (banging head on desk)
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

20 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by VLF Sporthorses View Post
    Just thought I would send out a warm welcome to these two wonderful stallions. I am so excited for this breeding season and can't wait to see the Canadian bred babies of 2014. It should be a great year!!!
    You understand at least in the case of Redwine that his is still OWNED by Jill Burnell at least for the time being and only being "leased" by Ashland. If you want to continue to support the women who of your own accounting stole from you ....well bless your heart go right ahead.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

14 members found this post helpful.

I too am Canadian, but would not touch either stallion.....with a ''ten foot pole''!!
    Don't care how nice these stallion are......... I would not support the owner JB, buy putting money in anyone's pocket, to breed to these boys. It is just so wrong to support JB in any such way!

How the heck did Redwine enter Canada,pass thru Agriculture Canada, as a known shedder of that disease???
    Just makes me shake my head..................

11 members found this post helpful.

Do you know how many international competition horses (stallions) who fly into Spruce Meadows each year who are carriers? My guess, quite a few.

EAV/EVA is not a Reportable Disease, nor even an Annually Reportable Disease or Immediately Reportable Disease. Quite unlike CEM or encephalitis or West Nile.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1303768544412

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1305671848331

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1305672713247

It's really only a huge concern to brood mare owners who do not have vaccinated or previously exposed mares.
    http://www.mariposasporthorses.com/

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

3 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for answering my question Rodawn!
    Good point on the Stallions flying into Sruce Meadows to compete each year!

Still I think it is sad that Jb was able to negotiate some sort of deal to get those stallions into Canada.
    Maybe she figured her creditors could not ''touch her'', if the horses of value were out of the USA now.
    ????

10 members found this post helpful.

seriously? 2nd the banging head on desk. OP giving yourself a bad rep here. People did not work their A**es off organizing an auction for the benefit of the horses that were neglected only to turn around and green light giving JB more money to keep the cycle going?

essentially you APPEAR to be endorsing animal abuse.

9 members found this post helpful.

btw has there been any more news about JB?

2 members found this post helpful.

Well here it goes, Yes I did not receive the semen first time out and am fully aware of the pages of information that a few of you have pointed out on this thread. I was burned by Jill Burnell in 2010 and thankfully Ashland Farm has agreed to fulfill not only my two contracts to Redwine and one to Aloha but as far as I know is looking after many other people in my position. (money which would have been forever lost)
    The quality choice I have made to breed to these stallions still stands as they have not changed and I look forward to my foals of 2014 with enthusiasm.

6 members found this post helpful.

Default Careful where you step!!!

Horsenut93136.......it's probably not wise to make assumptions about what other people support unless you are prepared to back them up with some hard evidence. For those of you who obviously haven't been following all my post I will clarify my position for you. Purchased breedings paid in full in good faith... (paid in full 2010..... MONEY ALREADY GONE) Did not receive anything for my money. Horses now in Canada with Ashland Farm graciously honoring my contracts, end of story. How does any of this support animal abuse.

5 members found this post helpful.

Well good for you but I think you need to make a very clear distinction between Ashland righting Jill Burnell's wrongs - as in your case, no monies will end up in JB's pocket, and new breeders paying stud fees to Ashland - some of this money goes straight to JB. And that is just plain wrong.

Be very careful how you promote those stallions by 'spreading the good word'.

15 members found this post helpful.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Kerole View Post
    Well good for you but I think you need to make a very clear distinction between Ashland righting Jill Burnell's wrongs - as in your case, no monies will end up in JB's pocket, and new breeders paying stud fees to Ashland - some of this money goes straight to JB. And that is just plain wrong.

Be very careful how you promote those stallions by 'spreading the good word'.
    Yes.
    Very convoluted.
    Mare owners got screwed by a crook
    Mare owners perhaps did NOT pursue criminal charges for non execution of executed contract - money recieved I presume - bought article not delivered.

So the dilemma -

Mare owners would like to have their contracts executed and lo and behold, up steps ASHLAND farm to execute said contract - years later - so kind of them only the whole deal stinky winky.

I don't blame the MARE owners for wanting completion of their contracts but
    I am sure you (VLF) understand the conflict ? Basically, Ashland is removing any additional criminal charges against JB because THEY are kindly fullifilling that contract that was abridged by JB's malfeasance.

Sadly, there continues to be the odor of dung in everything to do with JB and her stallions and horses. Not to mention poor care, lying, etc etc etc.
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

13 members found this post helpful.

I too am excited for my Redwine 2014 foal! Like you Vlf, Ashland will be honoring my previously purchased breeding. It is very upsetting about what JB has done to both horses and clients but thankfully people are aware of her wrongdoing. Both Redwine and Aloha are in a safe place where they will be well cared for. Ashland has given us the opportunity to have access to these wonderful stallions, and is trying hard to help those who have been ripped off by JB. People who choose to breed to these stallions are not doing so to support JB, they are doing so because they love the stallion. Saying they support animal cruelty?? Really?? So disappointing that this fire continues to be fueled by nothing but negativity

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmyhorse View Post
    Both Redwine and Aloha are in a safe place where they will be well cared for.
    For how long? Until they go back to JB... ten foot pole and all of that. And I still don't see what is so great about these stallions. bling?

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmyhorse View Post
    So disappointing that this fire continues to be fueled by nothing but negativity
    From the beginning there been has little that is POSITIVE about the situation, other than people not related to the JB situation stepping up as a horse community to help the horses -- and stallion owners who offered free breeding for those who were burned. And, of course, the most imporant thing: The horses under JB's hand are getting help, and the stallions are now in good hands. That's about it.

The rest is still negative and I suspect will remain so until JB is totally out of business and all of her horses get the care they deserve permanently.

It's admirable that Ashland is fulfilling breached contracts. That should make those who were screwed very happy. But as others have said, to engage in new contracts that may funnel money to JB, which is nothing short of enabling, doesn't sit well with many. Rightfully so.

11 members found this post helpful.