The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default ThinLine Products

After becoming a recent convert to a ThinLine believer I find the need to rave about how superb their products are.

I purchased a ThinLine pad last year and initially only used it to jump in. However, I saw such a difference in both my horse and myself that I now use the pad on a daily basis. The black pad looks brand new and it is over a year old.

Recently I purchased their line of open-front and ankle boots. They are AMAZING! They fit terrifically (although my guy is an easy fit) and don't slide or rub. In addition, my horse's legs were tight and cool after my ride. With the neoprene lining I always worried about breathability and heat, especially in the warmer months. And to be able to just wipe them off with a damp towel or sponge afterwards and they look brand new again? Love it.

Time to save up for the sport boots so I can pair those with the ankle boots to flat in .

A++
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
    inside of a man.

-Sir Winston Churchill

2 members found this post helpful.

The reins are awesome too!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

1 members found this post helpful.

I've got the original half pad (no fleece, just the Thinline material) and love it - I use it every ride. The first one I had developed a crack after just a few months, and I had absolutely no problem exchanging it for a new one. The company wanted it back so they could investigate what the flaw was. My replacement has been in use probably 5 years and still looks new.

I ordered the long girth at Rolex and am just waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to try it!
    I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted.

Love my thinline pad - I also have a, new to me, original pad. Does anyone make a pad with pockets? I hate "layering" pads and would much prefer to slip the thinline into a pad - if that makes sense . . .
    "I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Horse View Post
    Love my thinline pad - I also have a, new to me, original pad. Does anyone make a pad with pockets? I hate "layering" pads and would much prefer to slip the thinline into a pad - if that makes sense . . .
    None I've seen. If you find one though, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by candysgirl View Post
    None I've seen. If you find one though, let me know!
    A quick Google search turned this up:

http://www.vrtack.com/product_info.p...FUQ6QgodNkwAIA

Not the prettiest but if I understand what you're looking for, it seems to somewhat fit the bill. I imagine there are other nicer ones around but this was the first one I found.

Also, if you contacted someone on Etsy that makes saddle pads, they could probably quite easily make one with pockets.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by besttwtbever View Post
    A quick Google search turned this up:

http://www.vrtack.com/product_info.p...FUQ6QgodNkwAIA

Not the prettiest but if I understand what you're looking for, it seems to somewhat fit the bill. I imagine there are other nicer ones around but this was the first one I found.

Also, if you contacted someone on Etsy that makes saddle pads, they could probably quite easily make one with pockets.
    Thanks very much! I had also done a search and didn't find much - this would be an option though.
    "I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy

I love my Ultra Thinline, unfortunately, it doesn't work with my one horse (saddle too wide with it so I need to get the half pad with the Thinline on top. With the other horse I'm a bit concerned about fit. I don't care how many times the company says the Ultra Thinline doesn't change saddle fit...that statement defies logic. It absolutely does change fit...even if it's only slightly. In fact, that statement by the company really bothers me. No one in their right mind should believe it. You're adding width under the saddle, it changes fit. I can feel it when I girth up. My saddle sit differently.

Still doesn't mean I don't think it's a great product.

You could try a Toklat Medallion Super Quilt half pad...take out the inserts an dput your thinline inside. It would only work if your saddle will fit with a fleece pad.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Love Thinline stuffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

For show or schooling? Toklat sells fleece pads and fabric square with pockets (velcro closures at the spine) so you can cut your thinline pad to fit into it.

http://www.toklat.com/dyn_prod.php?p=27-6306
    Don't saw on your horses mouth it's not a piece of wood! ~ GM

add me to the thinline loving list! i have a thinline half pad, ultra thinline half pad, trifecta pad and sheepskin halfpad with thinline and shims. LOVE LOVE LOVE. next on my list are the boots and girth.

Yet another BIG thumbs up for ThinLine.

I have the "old" correction pad, the newer Trifecta and *shoe insoles* - they made a HUGE difference for me, standing on a concrete floor many days of the week.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

I've recently started using a Thinline pad with my guy and I can feel a huge difference. His back has gone from stiff board to trampoline!
    ~ Citizens for a Kinder, Gentler COTH...our mantra: Be nice. ~

Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    For show or schooling? Toklat sells fleece pads and fabric square with pockets (velcro closures at the spine) so you can cut your thinline pad to fit into it.

http://www.toklat.com/dyn_prod.php?p=27-6306
    Schooling or show - a thin cotton pad would be best, as RugBug mentioned, I don't want to alter saddle fit.

Have you seen the Saddle Fitting page on the ThinLine website?
    http://shop.thinlineglobal.com/c/sad...g-pads_english
    On that page they do have a Fitted and Cotton All Purpose Square with UltraThinLine sewn into the pad, so you don't have to use more than one pad. Plus they have shimmable pockets encase you need to ad more padding.

Quote Originally Posted by baypaintlover View Post
    Have you seen the Saddle Fitting page on the ThinLine website?
    http://shop.thinlineglobal.com/c/sad...g-pads_english
    On that page they do have a Fitted and Cotton All Purpose Square with UltraThinLine sewn into the pad, so you don't have to use more than one pad. Plus they have shimmable pockets encase you need to ad more padding.
    I sure have - but, since I already have the thinline pad separately, I don't really want to shell out mega bucks for the combo pad . . .