The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cross post: TB Pedigree Gurus!

Cross posted in case you don't frequent the Sport Horse Breeding thread...I know a lot of people get pedigree help on this board too.

I hope this is the right place for this kind of question. I was just wondering what people thought of my TBs pedigree? I am 99.9% certain the he is Bandits Alibi, based on the little information I've gotten on his past. I've had him since he was six, and he has been a fantastic jumper for me. Right now we are doing the adult jumpers with plans to do the A/O's in the next few years. He is small, 15.3, with a HUGE stride and very scopey. He's a bit hot, but not in an unmanageable way, he's just a very game little horse.

I'm not well versed at all in TB pedigrees and just wanted to see what other think of his.

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...ts_indicator=Y

Thank you for any help!
    Last edited by b.noxious57; May. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Old link didn't work
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone--the horse already knows.

Proud Penn Stater...WE ARE!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Your Link doesn't work for me. This one did.
    http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...ts_indicator=Y

Quote Originally Posted by b.noxious57 View Post
    Cross posted in case you don't frequent the Sport Horse Breeding thread...I know a lot of people get pedigree help on this board too.

I hope this is the right place for this kind of question. I was just wondering what people thought of my TBs pedigree? I am 99.9% certain the he is Bandits Alibi, based on the little information I've gotten on his past. I've had him since he was six, and he has been a fantastic jumper for me. Right now we are doing the adult jumpers with plans to do the A/O's in the next few years. He is small, 15.3, with a HUGE stride and very scopey. He's a bit hot, but not in an unmanageable way, he's just a very game little horse.

I'm not well versed at all in TB pedigrees and just wanted to see what other think of his.

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...year=&breeder=

Thank you for any help!
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Thank you! The correct link is in the OP now

IIRC, there used to be a person here on COTH that was a HUGE fan of Marfa and I think (if my memory is not failing me) even had a stallion by him.

I believe Minnesota Mac is also found in the pedigree of at least one upper level eventer.

Cajun Bandit is unraced with only three unraced foals. I wonder what they're doing with him and why they're breeding him.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Bandits Alibi is a North Carolina bred. Race breeding is not huge in NC, to say the least, although I owned a NC bred mare once. It's entirely possible that the sire is/was used for sport horse breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    IIRC, there used to be a person here on COTH that was a HUGE fan of Marfa and I think (if my memory is not failing me) even had a stallion by him.

I believe Minnesota Mac is also found in the pedigree of at least one upper level eventer.

Cajun Bandit is unraced with only three unraced foals. I wonder what they're doing with him and why they're breeding him.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I always found it odd that his sire didn't produce much and never produced anything that raced..thanks for the likely explanation on that!

I had a Marfa son that could jump really well and anything you pointed him at. His dressage was awful-loved to go around inverted and if you could keep from vomiting getting up to the jump, the jump itself was awesome.

In hindsight, I think some of the issue was me although I didn't have the experience and skills at the time to correct it. Maybe I still don't. When he got excited in the dressage arena, he would squeal and do a rabbit style canter depart. Maybe he had some hind end issues that were not addressed. I wish I had the vet then that I have now. It would be interesting to see if it would have made a difference.

We did qualify for a Prelim 3 Day but had to scratch because of soundness issues. He did have terrible feet.

Here he is...
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/roscoe+the+great

1 members found this post helpful.