The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Suggestions for places to gallop and/or school cross country around Sarasota FL

Certain places are no longer available for haul ins. Some - the footing is just too questionable. Thank you. Any input is appreciated.

Have you gone to ant of the Hunter paces, they are usually within an hour if SRQ ans though its not a schooling trip, the exposure and experience is awesome. Oh and its south creek fox hounds

There I'd also Parrish oaks farm in Dade city, they are building a lot of atuff, been there a few times, but just about everything is north.

Do u have a trainer u ride with that does any routine shooling trips?
    Posted with my Android smartphone.

And sorry for all the typos, my phone touch screen is only barely working and some buttons areas don't work anymore lol.

Ohh.... And some people go to the celery fields..... The. U also have little manatee.....

Quote Originally Posted by RoseBud143 View Post
    Ohh.... And some people go to the celery fields..... The. U also have little manatee.....
    So Celery fields allows horses? Where? I am doing dirty duo there next weekend! Had no idea. and Little manatee allows horses? gotta look that one up. Where is the hunt or who is the hunt? Appreciate all of your input! I ride with a dressage instructor here, a show jump instructor who comes in from out of state and I haul up to ocala for xc instruction. Just looking for those times in between when I don't have a 9 hour day to dedicate...just 4 hours.

We go schooling once or twice as month with our XC trainer and I'm lucky enough our BO has built a lot of jumps around the property.

But yes all allow horses, though I have never taken mine to the celery fieldd, others at my. barn do often. there is fannin hill that is about 1.5 hour north but the hunter paces are awesome since u have like 8 miles of trails to gAllop and jump.

Do u board somewhere or keep yours at home.

This weekend Southcreek Foxhounds has a hunter pace on Sunday (Mother's Day). I am pretty sure it is on their website.

Leah Khorsandian has small events at her farm in Dade City, I think there is one coming up. I have a dressage, combined test, open stadium and derby course (mix of SJ and XC) on June 1 in Plant City.

Buff Betz brings students to most of these shows and I am pretty sure she trains in or close to Sarasota. Lauren DeNeve trains out of my farm and we have a mix of xc fences and a SJ arena....I have ditches, some coops, access to water but not a proper water jump. Lauren has students ship in and is a 2* rider whose bio is on her website.
    Beth Davidson
    Black Dog Farm Connemaras & Sport Horses
    http://blackdogconnemara.com
    visit my blog: http://ponyeventer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pcwertb View Post
    This weekend Southcreek Foxhounds has a hunter pace on Sunday (Mother's Day). I am pretty sure it is on their website.

Leah Khorsandian has small events at her farm in Dade City, I think there is one coming up. I have a dressage, combined test, open stadium and derby course (mix of SJ and XC) on June 1 in Plant City.

Buff Betz brings students to most of these shows and I am pretty sure she trains in or close to Sarasota. Lauren DeNeve trains out of my farm and we have a mix of xc fences and a SJ arena....I have ditches, some coops, access to water but not a proper water jump. Lauren has students ship in and is a 2* rider whose bio is on her website.
    Just saw your Signature- Are you going to start up shows at your place again soon? They are so close and convenient its great- and so nice for some of the green beans!

And yes, Buff Betz is in Sarasota, right off of fruitville- you can view the farm Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Buffs...184478?fref=ts for a little more info if you want.

Wow! You guys, thank you so much for your responses! I literally board around the corner - hacking distance - from Buffs barn and didn't know it was there. I just tried to contact her to see if they are going to FHP tomorrow. I want to tag along with someone so I am not alone for my first gallop/hop over fences in 1.5 years I would love to come up to your place Beth. Again, many thanks Rosebud and Beth for the info.

Were gunna try to go to the one next month, this month we didn't go since one of her riders went to area championships and for all of us to go to the pace was a lot since we usually try to go together.

Where in hacking distance are you... r u on Sinclair?

I have 3 shows listed for this summer....June 1, July 27 and August 24
    Beth Davidson
    Black Dog Farm Connemaras & Sport Horses
    http://blackdogconnemara.com
    visit my blog: http://ponyeventer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pcwertb View Post
    I have 3 shows listed for this summer....June 1, July 27 and August 24
    Awesome, well I'm sure we will be at more then one