The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    OK Canter stalkers. Find me a bay gelding 4yo 15.3-16h on the east coast...I don't have time....
    Check with Jenarby - she posts some real nice ones and knows a bunch of trainers. Not sure if her prospects are located close enough though. COTHers will find lots to choose from in no time! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TBRedHead View Post
    I've been ogling this guy since earlier this year. I wouldn't mind just having him in my pasture. I keep trying to convince friends who are in the market to look at him but nobody else seems to want tall, young, chestnut, TB geldings

Quote Originally Posted by big_red_ottb View Post
    I've been ogling this guy since earlier this year. I wouldn't mind just having him in my pasture. I keep trying to convince friends who are in the market to look at him but nobody else seems to want tall, young, chestnut, TB geldings
    Haha! Let me guess, you are the other crazy person in the world does want him, right? I think I found my ottb chestnut twin

1 members found this post helpful.

^^^he seems I little butt high for me, that's why I'm not drooling over him.....but.....

Oh I like him a lot... But I've got a thing for the big horses. LOL And such a cute face... Thank goodness I am in NJ, because I've been contemplating a project pony.
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator

i should probably just get him, right? big chestnut from canter PA or little chestnut mare from canter PA. I also like ten dreams. maybe i'll just have a barn full of chestnuts. lol.

I think you should go pick him up after your last final, you have my full support

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
    i should probably just get him, right? big chestnut from canter PA or little chestnut mare from canter PA. I also like ten dreams. maybe i'll just have a barn full of chestnuts. lol.
    I'm here to enable you

I was literally in the exact same position as you this year and I just couldn't quite wait! I rationalized it thusly: "I want this OTTB, and she'll need let down time anyway and she's perfect and if I don't get her I'll be sorry so she can just hang out in the pasture over winter and decompress while I finish my last semester and then I'll start working with her in the summer." (all in one breath so I could get it out before my mom freaked out )

And it has been fabulous. I would have regretted it so much if I had let her get away because I still had four months of school to get through.

Moral of the story: go go go! Your dream horse awaits

ETA: Mr. Good is definitely my favourite. I'm a sucker for a bright penny chestnut gelding and what a handsome face!

Quote Originally Posted by TBRedHead View Post
    Haha! Let me guess, you are the other crazy person in the world does want him, right? I think I found my ottb chestnut twin
    Yes! I was drooling when he was first listed, and now that they relisted him (I guess he was taken off the track by owners for a while) I'm STILL drooling.

It's been a long running joke between my friends and I that someday I will own a barn full of tall, red, OTTBs.

nothing wrong with a barn like that, bigredottb

CANTER is the only thing that makes me glad I don't live in the States anymore, I'd surely be that ​crazy lady with a bajillion horses by now!
    No hugging dear. I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

I won't look at CANTER listings

I've made that mistake before and ended up with a 2nd, short, sweet, athletic mare and no time for 2 of those!
    It's just soooo tempting and I'm only a 1-hour trailer ride away from Suffolk Downs...lol
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Nah, OP, you don't want that one.

I'm not a fan of short, but look at the weak back ahead of his hip and the "looks kinda low" in front-- weaker base of the neck and that set on low. The horse is not technically down hill, but the whole package says he won't have an easy time rocking back and pushing from behind.

JMHO. Correct me if I'm wrong! I'm always happy to be schooled by conformation experts.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

^^^^ive seen worse neck sets, but agree with the weak looking back. There's such a fine line between too long and too short!