The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Mustang Million

Remember when eventer Elisa Wallace won the Extreme Mustang Makeover in Clemson last year (http://youtu.be/icsV8M8sJuU)? Well, she's back at it again, this time training two horses for the Mustang Million, the largest ever competition of its kind.

Over the weekend, Elisa traveled to Murfreesboro, TN, where she previewed and adopted (by auction) two new horses: Rune and Nimh

VIDEO "Branded For Success: The Auction"

After returning home to Rock Creek Farms (Jasper, GA), Elisa unloaded the horses and began work on desensitization, sending, and even started riding Rune! Nimh is definitely the wilder of the two horses, but Elisa even managed to get on him for a ride today. As per usual, we are documenting her progress in a series of videos which can be viewed via the Team Wallace YouTube channel.

VIDEO "Branded For Success: Welcome to Rock Creek Farms"

As an Eventer, Elisa was looking at slightly different characteristics in the horses she chose, compared to what more Western riders might look for. 'Fledge,' her first mustang, is expected to start eventing over the summer, and Elisa's hope is that, following the Mustang Million, Rune and Nimh will be able to do the same.
    Timothy Harfield, Communications Director
    Team Wallace Eventing | http://www.teamwallace.org

Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube

8 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for posting that. It'll be interesting to see how they come on.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Good luck Elisa!

I loved watching her progress with Fledge!

I heard Fledge is going to be at CHC this weekend! I hope I get to see him. He is the cutest and the coolest.
    Pisgah: 2000 AHHA (Holsteiner x TB) Mare (lower level eventing, with a focus on dressage)

Darcy: 7? year old Border Collie x Rottweiler? Drama Queen extraordinaire, rescued from the pound in Jan 2010

Rune seems like a real sweetheart!!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

I certainly enjoyed watching your progress with Fledge and can't wait to watch this too. You're going to have quite the collection of mustangs when this is all done.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Wow Rune is such a smart guy!! So so trusting and accepting, way better than some horses we breed in captivity! (What does that say about us humans...)

So neat!!

This was so beautiful to watch, I am looking forward to following this story (not sure how I missed the last one!).

The competitive world needs more people like this!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

I love watching the progress...Great job!

Thanks for all the support, everyone! Episode 3 of the ECOGOLD presentation of "Branded for Success: Journey to the Mustang Million" is out now!

VIDEO "Branded for Success: Week One"

This episode documents Rune and Nimh's first week of training with Elisa Wallace at Rock Creek Farms Elisa takes Rune on his first trail ride, works him on the lunge line, starts to jump, and begins work on tricks like standing on his back and 'smiling.' Nimh continues to be a tough customer, and Elisa spends a lot of time building trust. By the end of the week, however, Elisa is sitting on him and is teaching him to send. Nimh is wild to be sure, but super athletic and has a good mind. under Elisa's guidance, both Rune and Nimh are well on their way to a strong performance at the Mustang Million in Fort Worth, Texas (September 16 - 27, 2013)

2 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

These are awesome! I am learning so much already, thank you for taking the time to produce/post.

ETA: Hope you guys get some nicer weather soon (from the 2nd? vid)! I'll try to send you some of ours...lol
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

The latest installment of our ECOGOLD presentation of "Branded for Success: Journey to the Mustang Million" is out!

VIDEO "Branded for Success: Week Two"

Elisa continues to make great progress training Rune and Nimh for competition at the Mustang Million ( http://www.mustangmillion.com/ ) in Fort Worth, TX -- September 16-22, 2013.

Elisa spends time bonding with Nimh, and is successful in overcoming his fearful tendency and in activating his curiosity. Elisa is able to linge Nimh in the ring for the first time. Rune is a rock star, and Elisa is able to do more and more flat work with him with every passing day.

3 members found this post helpful.

Thank you. I'm really enjoying watching them. Makes me want to buy a wild pony and play.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Default Week Three!

Week Three of "Branded for Success: Journey to the Mustang Million" is out! Thanks for following, everyone, and for your kind words of encouragement. I'll be sure to continue to post as we produce new videos.

VIDEO "Branded for Success: Week Three

1 members found this post helpful.

Could you tell us a bit more about your Mustangs? Which HMA are they from? How old and how long in captivity?
    Also, I did not realize you had to purchase them for that much. The auction video was interesting.
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

It is such fun watching them progress..It also helps me in the training of my young horses. Thank you!

Week Four of "Branded For Success: Journey to the Mustang Million" is a day in the life of Elisa and her mustangs, Rune and Nimh.

VIDEO "Branded for Success: Week Four"

1 members found this post helpful.

Here it is! Week Five of "Branded for Success: Journey to the Mustang Million." Brought to you by ECOGOLD - Equestrian Textile Engineering.

VIDEO "Branded for Success: Week Five"

Watch as Elisa continues her desensitization training with Nimh by having him chase her umbrella-holding sister. Rune crosses a scary bridge. The boys get their teeth floated, and go through some exercises in the round pen.

I love these videos!!
    Pisgah: 2000 AHHA (Holsteiner x TB) Mare (lower level eventing, with a focus on dressage)

Darcy: 7? year old Border Collie x Rottweiler? Drama Queen extraordinaire, rescued from the pound in Jan 2010