The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nicholson gamesmanship;

... _. ._ .._. .._

Would be interested to hear others' responses.

My take-away is: get your horse used to all sorts of things before you are competing for $350,000 - including noisy crowds, whether before XC or SJ
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

2 members found this post helpful.

a pretty classless statement if you ask me. blaming wfp for the crowd come on.
    i think its been pretty well established as far as class and behaviour go wfp surpasses andrew any day. team WFP!!!

video won't play for me, what happened?

he said right before he went out on xc wfp was going through the stadium ring jumping the last fence at the finish. he said the crowd was so loud he couldnt hear them countdown in the start box and it took him 5 minutes to get his horse back on course. it was ridiculous and very poor sportamanship.
    if your horse cant handle a crowd than maybe you shouldnt be showing at badminton. and in my opinions he has no room to have any ill feelings at all towards wfp. its the other way around if you ask me.

6 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

it doesn't sound like to me there are really any ill feelings. Honestly I thought it was that competitive ribbing that happens between professionals all the time.

if your horse cant handle a crowd than maybe you shouldnt be showing at badminton. and in my opinions he has no room to have any ill feelings at all towards wfp. its the other way around if you ask me.
    why should wfp have ill feelings towards an? wouldn't your first sentence apply to him on sj day as much as an on xc day?
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

tle is correct. He was just poking some fun at WFP. These guys are all goof-offs like the rest of us. Back in the 90's there was always a rivalry between all of us grooms and riders when we were in the UK. There were numerous pranks some PC many not

There is a very good reason WFP and AN aren't friendly. Wiggy.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    it doesn't sound like to me there are really any ill feelings. Honestly I thought it was that competitive ribbing that happens between professionals all the time.

why should wfp have ill feelings towards an? wouldn't your first sentence apply to him on sj day as much as an on xc day?
    From what I have read there are reasons.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Andrew and Wiggy are the perfect couple....on many levels. They deserve each other. Oh boy do they deserve each other.

4 members found this post helpful.

Since apparently not everyone knows, and the Chronicle just ran a blog about it....

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...all-fuss-about
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

whattttttttttttttttttttt............? i never knew that little love triangle fued even existed. hmmmm

It was long ago. Andrew did William a favour. He took Wiggy off his hands and it led to a happy life with the wonderful Alice.

Snoopy is right. And not only does WFP have a beautiful wife and family, he has also won Badminton, something AN has yet to achieve despite his poor sportsmanship and complaints.

Am I the only one that thinks COTH was shameful in even questionning AN about the affair? IMO that was so tasteless, if I want to read that kind of trash I will buy the National Enquirer.

4 members found this post helpful.

i too was surprised that that was brought up by the chronicle. wasnt expecting that at all.
    i do agree though wfp has definately come out of it the winner. has a great wife and a lovely family.

meh, they are reporters so I suppose it is their job to keep people interested no matter how they do it. I could care less! I'm here for the horses....not People magazine

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
    meh, they are reporters so I suppose it is their job to keep people interested no matter how they do it. I could care less! I'm here for the horses....not People magazine

Yes, but it was so long ago. It was a hurtful situation and made for some very uncomfortable times for many people who are friend with both William and Andrew. It is old news and low budget.

1 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks COTH was shameful in even questionning AN about the affair? IMO that was so tasteless, if I want to read that kind of trash I will buy the National Enquirer.
    That is EXACTLY what I thought of when I was reading the article. Gossipy trash. COTH is better than that (or I thought they were).
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

That was a rather pitiful piece of journalism.

Hint: talk about the person you are interviewing (or his horses, or his achievements,) not about yourself.
    "When life gives you scurvy, make lemonade."

5 members found this post helpful.

^^^^^this!