The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Smile Adorable!

What a sweet little girl she is!
    That smile could light up anyones day.
    And I must say Parker looked so snazzy in his Red white and blue braids. And his tail done too.
    What a great night KR! God bless your whole family you are a very lucky lady.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." Caffeinated.

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm packing up 6:30 am to get ready to haul DD off to the KHP - she's going, her second trip, to gallop those hallowed fields - but I had to stop to take the time to write! and I will pm you a video!

Jennifer how AWESOME!! Life lights up when you step up to the plate and swing the bat this way. Lexi will grow up knowing this special bond, what a miracle that you get to witness.

Thanks for sharing.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

3 members found this post helpful.

That Parker is soooo awesomely put together. You are a great Nonnie to let this little one in on the most wonderful thing about him. Oh the memories she will have. Fantastic!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

1 members found this post helpful.

That is my kind of Pizza Party!!! So happy for everyone!!

" 'This be right".

What a wonderful story.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    Makes the world brighter to know about it.

I like the picture with her leaning on Parker and he is sticking his tongue out, telling the world all is ok and he is a happy camper.

Parker does clean up awesome, what a handsome felllow!

Thank you to everyone for sharing my joy! It was indeed a very special night.

I have to give a huge THANK YOU to my trainer for all of the clipping and braiding and for taking a lot of the photos. We had so much fun, and for his part, Parker was in little horsey-heaven! Lexi is a sweet and sensitive child. Parker is just the ticket for her! I love that she will never forget King, thankfully he is etched into her memory. This would please him!

My trainer is coming out tomorrow to put a first ride on Parker. We do not anticipate any difficulties, so far he has been exactly as advertised, and exactly as expected. But we did want to give him a week to settle in before saddling up. If he is as we expect him to be, Lexi could have her first ride as soon as next week.

As far as being a great grandma, I have to say that PonyGrandma is my inspiration! And, when your grandchildren are as sweet and endearing as Lexi, being a Nonni is the easiest thing ever!

you know

even big girls need a pony to tell secrets to and their warm shoulder to cry on

Now I know what I miss most

The people you bought this Sweep Pea from did a great job, as did the shipper

I hope you share this thread with them.

What a sweet, joyous event! You have me in happy tears too!
    Ride like you mean it.

Nothing better to read today.....just a joy and a lovefest. So happy for ALL !
    ayrabz
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem"
    --Jimmy Buffett

Words escape me.

I love the #5 picture in the album - Lexi's smile is infectious, and Parker's got that eyes closed expression of bliss down!

Can't wait to hear how the first ride goes!

And give Lexi a hug from all of us here, because we're so happy for her and proud of her for keeping King in that special place in her heart and sharing it with Parker.

KR-I spent time with my grandmother she played a lot of cards and cooked for me and my cousin.

My own mother, not so much with my kids. It takes a special person to be a loving, involved grandparent. Lexi is a very lucky girl.

Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom View Post
    My trainer is coming out tomorrow to put a first ride on Parker. We do not anticipate any difficulties, so far he has been exactly as advertised, and exactly as expected. But we did want to give him a week to settle in before saddling up. If he is as we expect him to be, Lexi could have her first ride as soon as next week.
    oh that means pony tack.

Hope that Parker will have an appropriately stylishly cute pony bridle.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Awww. I love the sparkly mane & Lexi's huge smile I think about sums it up. Its great that Lexi is old enough to appreciate the impact King had, but still understand that he would have wanted her to love on and learn from Parker. Little kids and awesome ponies are the best. *tear*
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I've now gotten teary-eyed twice in this thread, and that never happens!

I'm sure King would be happy
    Tack Cleaning/All-Things-Tack nut
    ~DQ wanna-be~

My trainer just finished her first ride on Parker -- and he was PERFECT! This little pony is exactly as advertised! He was a tad bit nervous when she first got on, we suspect he's had some "beginners" who may have pulled on his mouth and kicked him in the sides ... but once he realized there was none of that going on, he relaxed and was absolutely perfect. Beautiful walk, trot and canter, both directions. Parker is nothing but sweet, sweet, sweet! What a gem!

As for me, I twisted my knee earlier this week and am "nursing" it along -- so I was not able to try him myself! Drats! Trainer said to me, "He's not a big warmblood, he's not even a big thoroughbred. He's pony-quick. But you'll get used to that!"

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom View Post
    My trainer just finished her first ride on Parker -- and he was PERFECT! This little pony is exactly as advertised! He was a tad bit nervous when she first got on, we suspect he's had some "beginners" who may have pulled on his mouth and kicked him in the sides ... but once he realized there was none of that going on, he relaxed and was absolutely perfect. Beautiful walk, trot and canter, both directions. Parker is nothing but sweet, sweet, sweet! What a gem!

As for me, I twisted my knee earlier this week and am "nursing" it along -- so I was not able to try him myself! Drats! Trainer said to me, "He's not a big warmblood, he's not even a big thoroughbred. He's pony-quick. But you'll get used to that!"
    What is there not to love in Parker.

I am so glad for all of you.:

(Hope your knee gets well soon.)

Did you tell her your secret? You know Parker was hand picked by King.

3 members found this post helpful.