The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Parker is marked so pretty, a true tobiano with apron and high whites, wide blaze and interesting patches on both sides.
    Paint people love to see what the sides look like, some times like an indian chief's head, or the white a prancing horse, or ...

Your kid will have a good time seeing what all is hidden there.

1 members found this post helpful.

Congratulations. It appears Parker is in clover both literally and figuratively. What shipper did you use? It is always useful to know who is good for that.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

2 members found this post helpful.

The shipper was Bill Blackman of A-Plus Service Horse Transport. I found them through a website recommendation here on CoTh, Traveling Horse: http://www.travelinghorse.com/.

Bill was nice, but no-nonsense and very business-like. He did get a chuckle when we were talking on the phone and I said, "I am so excited!"

On Traveling Horse, you enter your needs and people can respond with price quotes, then you can check them out before you accept. Bill was the first to respond, and with the lowest price. I picked him because he checked out with all his references and he could get Parker to me the quickest. The other price quotes ranged from within $20 of Bill's bid to several hundred more ... but no one else could get Parker to me before NEXT weekend.

He did everything he said he would -- if he said he was going to call at a certain time, he did. And he got Parker here exactly when he said he would. No hidden fees, either. He told me the price, and that is what I paid.

9 members found this post helpful.

He is so cute!!! He looks so at home and happy It helps when you have a dependable shipper. One less thing to think about!!

Can't wait to hear more stories and am so glad you found such a great pony.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Awwww how cute! He looks like a steady, easygoing guy. You know its a good sign when the haulers have no complaints :-D. Next step - when does your granddaughter get to meet him?!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Big congratulations! He is lovely, handsome and gonna have a great life! Many happy years to come!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

I promised myself I wouldn't tear up... and then I did at the very first photo, with the trailer barely visible in your lane! Congratulations to all involved, a lucky pony, very lucky girl, and luckiest of all, I think, a happy grandma.
    It's just grass and water till it hits the ground.

4 members found this post helpful.

I am not feeling 100% today and reading your thread was so worth it. I am all mysty eyed. Though I am insanely jealous of that green stuff you have that nearly hides Parker!

Can't wait to see him all groomed up and ready to meet his little lady.

HORRAY! You know I bet those drivers must feel like Santa Claus sometimes!
    He is adorable, And all the way from my home state.
    What a gorgeous lush place your kids have, Now you have an even 4.
    Your boys are lovely ! So very very happy for you, I got tears in my eyes of the pic of him peeking out the window! Enjoy.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Well, damn! My nose had finally stopped running from my cold+allergies, and then I opened this thread and saw that first photo of the trailer on the road!! Ack! Kings Ransom, this thread has been such a delight--good news, no drama, a cute pony, an about-to-be-surprised-grand daughter....all the good stuff .

Now...are you pony sized enough to ride his adorableness?? That would be the topper on this cake! Oh, how I wish I were pony-sized, especially when I see such a one as Parker.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

3 members found this post helpful.

and somewhere King is nodding his head in approval.

(He had to have had a hoof in this, else this thread would have taken more than 10 days to go from "I'm looking for a pony" to "I'm looking at my pony!")

7 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Can this thread be nominated for best of the year?! No drama, and best of all - we get a positive resolution!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

6 members found this post helpful.

So happy for you!

Yes, King is definitely happy about how he worked all of this out. You may think I'm nuts, but Eli and I had a long talk today -- we agreed that there is no replacing King, that we both loved him and we both will miss him forever. But I asked Elijah to give this little guy a chance. And Eli looked me square in the eye as if to say, "You know, you're right. I kinda like him already." And so, it was decided.

Don't believe me? Here's the photo. Parker is staying in the paddock to keep him off the big grass, within catchable range, and safe from Rocky (who would kill him if he could, what's up with that?). Rocky & Cooper have run together. Here is what Elijah did: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...81047369_o.jpg

8 members found this post helpful.

Oh and yes, I am pony-sized enough to ride!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    Can this thread be nominated for best of the year?! No drama, and best of all - we get a positive resolution!
    Totally second this! Nice to have a feel good thread!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

5 members found this post helpful.

I'm pretty blasé most of the time but for some reason the pic of the trailer coming up the drive just brought it all home to me, anticipation, excitement, daydreaming about all the wonderful adventures Parker and your family will have . . . Congratulations!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

He's adorable!

I've been following this thread, too, and am so glad Parker has arrived safe and sound! That picture of his eye --- that is a wise horse, and he's so calm --- looks like all of this is no big deal to him. You have a great pony, and Parker has a great home --- a win-win all the way around! I SO envy your granddaughter!!!!

And the nice shipper guy is getting a trailer-load of well-deserved good advertising out of it!

The more pictures I see, the more I like that pony! Lottery tickets all around, I'd say.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.