The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChevalBlanc View Post
    The other one looks fine. He's an OTTB, so I imagine tracking left had something to do with it.

Everyone keeps saying there are plenty of horses without issues to choose from, but where are they?!? I have literally been actively looking (as in visiting farms and trying horses) for 8 months. I have sat on so many horses, it's hard to remember them all. I haven't found one that doesn't have some issue. Maybe it's because I want an OTTB...
    WOW you are in VA with up to $30K to spend and haven't found a horse to go at least to Prelim? What you say you are searching for is not over the top nor something rare?

I did take the time to go back and read all of your posts n here. Noticed you re-located to Richmond and were looking for a trainer? did you find one, a trainer with a student w/ your buy power certainy would/should have a network to locate you a horse if she is giving you lessons and knows your ride scope.

The 8yr 17H TB G in Mo for $35K was pretty close to perfect juding by his video. Those horses around here jump 4ft plus from the trot and he sure looked relaxed and supple as well as careful. If I had your budget I would have bought 3 with 1/2 the money used the other half for board and kept 1 and sold 2..
    Last edited by judybigredpony; May. 8, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.