The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shout out for Stubben Saddles

I just want to shout out for Stubben Saddles. Both my very tall sons ride in stubbens for dressage, stadium and cross country. They are all custom 19" long flap saddles (that did not cost extra) and fit bot them and their large young mares very well.

There are some great shots from a combined with cross country schooling we did on the weekend in the saddles - one of which is brand new if anyone wants to see them.

www.prospectequinefarms.com/gallery.htm

I still have my 14" Stuebben that I rode in as a kid, that my 9 year old rides in now. Love, love, love it!
    Mirror Image 2001-2007

I am eagerly waiting my Stubben Edelweiss NT with Biomex to arrive. I ordered it over 10 weeks ago. I can hardly wait!!! Of course I think I am driving my sales guy nuts now calling to find out where it is ... I was good until week 10!!!

I am riding in my old, old, old, Siegfried VSD 17.5" from when I was a teen. Still comfy even though there is a little ass to seat ratio issue...

I did not even look at any other saddles when I went to order one. Love them!!

1 members found this post helpful.

My daughters grew up riding in Stubbens and my one daughter still has one of hers. When I was saddle shopping for Tucker, my draft cross, Stubben had just come out with the Siegfried in an extra wide tree! I was so happy!
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

I'm a fan too!

I just bought a used Portos for my 4 yr old, its a surprisingly nice saddle. Stubben's take on a French H/J saddle, the balance is very nice and it is a real close contact saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfbayequine View Post
    I am eagerly waiting my Stubben Edelweiss NT with Biomex to arrive. I ordered it over 10 weeks ago. I can hardly wait!!! Of course I think I am driving my sales guy nuts now calling to find out where it is ... I was good until week 10!!!

I am riding in my old, old, old, Siegfried VSD 17.5" from when I was a teen. Still comfy even though there is a little ass to seat ratio issue...

OH ! !! You will LOVE it, You would have to kill me to get mine away from me!!! IT is awesome!!!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

I love my super old but never going to die Stubben Siegfried! Sadly, it's a little too wide for my new guy so am on the hunt for a smaller tree...

If anyone hears about a Stubben Siegfried 18" med tree, let me know!
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/

Also a fan. Both my jump and dressage saddle are Excaliburs. They fit my narrow tb very well. Wasn't crazy about the dressage saddle at first. I got it on ebay and the leather was very hard. But lots of TLC and it has gotten very nice!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Stubben is one of my sponsors, and I am so happy I went with them instead of some of the others that offered. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my saddles! They fit my horses great, are wool flocked in case they need to be changed, and they put my leg in a great position. I am very excited to get my new monoflap jump saddle. It is brand new, so I'm not sure of the model name yet, but I rode in a prototype. It was soooooo nice. Loved it.
    Jessica Bortner-Harris
    www.rockystartstables.com
    "Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

I adore them. So delighted at several delicious finds last year on E-bay; nearly-new 20-year old Stubbens stopped in time in someone's tack room. One or the other will fit everything in my barn--from drafties to a wee TWH. My fave is a vintage Loreley--like an Imperator but with a suede doeskin seat!

I just found (and received!) my Stubben that I've been looking for for years! Took the first ride in it last night and am VERY happy with it, fits the big guy to a T.
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEventer View Post
    I am very excited to get my new monoflap jump saddle. It is brand new, so I'm not sure of the model name yet, but I rode in a prototype. It was soooooo nice. Loved it.
    I think that is the Excalibur. I test rode one and LOVED it, but decided against it as I needed something I could school my greenie in on the flat as well as jumping (could only invest in one expensive saddle at the time) and the massive thigh blocks prevented me from swinging my leg way back when I needed to for training purposes. So I went with the Roxanne and could not be happier!

Great customer service too!!

Actually, the current monoflap is the Excalibur. However, they have come out with a brand new model that no one has yet. I don't know the name. That is the monoflap that I ordered. It is fashioned after their Zaria show jump saddle, but it is a monoflap. It is much more French looking but with the traits of a Stubben.
    Jessica Bortner-Harris
    www.rockystartstables.com
    "Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

Quote Originally Posted by Sfbayequine View Post

It came in.... I'm in love!!!!! It's so supportive & the biomex is amazing. So very happy.

I recently picked up a used Edelweiss for supercheap and am SO excited! I haven't actually been able to try it thanks to being out w/ an injury, but I so hope it fits as it's just gorgeous.

I love all of my Stubbens! I've got everything from an old Aramis, an OLD Wotan, and a Roxane. I did sell my Siegfried II to a friend because it fit her horse better than mine. I loved it too though.

My Roxane will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands. I LOVE it!