The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Yellow Boot Ad -Where did it go?

I've been seeing an ad on the COTH Forums for a very unique looking YELLOW boot that covers the horses heels. Just when I decide I'd like to learn more about them the ad is gone. Can someone tell me what the web site for that ad is? Surely someone here checked them out.

chicamuxen

I just put my first pair on a horse! Of course it took me so long to decide to do so that pretty much all of our mud is gone and I won't really need them until the fall. But they're super cool!

www.shoesecure.com (I think - google "shoe secure" and it'll come up)

The company is great to work with, and I'm getting a pair of the ride-in ones to try out on my GP horse soon.

Thanks, that is the site I was looking for. but I didn't realize that the boots weren't intended for riding. You said in your post that you are getting a different set for riding?

chicamuxen

Quote Originally Posted by chicamuxen1 View Post
    Thanks, that is the site I was looking for. but I didn't realize that the boots weren't intended for riding. You said in your post that you are getting a different set for riding?

chicamuxen
    They effectively wedge the horse's foot. That doesn't matter in mucky turnout, but it could on a firm, flat riding surface. My TB, who has so far ripped off his RF shoe in every GP we've ridden in on grass, goes in wedge pads, so we're looking at using the Shoe Secure in lieu of the wedge pads (meaning we would use a flat shoe/pad and then obtain the wedge with the Shoe Secure), but I don't want to go that route in the middle of the show season. I talked to the company and they're going to send me a set of the ones that are designed to ride in, and I'm curious to see what the differences are. They're super responsive, so I would imagine that you could shoot an e-mail to them asking about it and they would get back to you quickly.

The pair I got was for my young gelding who rips off his front shoes every single time we get rain and the ground gets mucky again (or once every week or two when it's consistently mucky like it is for the better part of the year). We put them on him and they're awesome! But thanks to Murphy's Law, the weather has been oddly warm and dry and there's no mud right now to *really* test them.

The company did mention that they've had several people run cross country in them in less-than-ideal weather conditions (i.e. soft ground) and they've worked great. So they have had people ride and compete in them (again, not sure if the "ride in" ones are different than the "turnout" ones).