The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fun Drive !

I haven't been around here in a while... my computer has been down and out and in "paperweight" mode for a while. However, with a complete makeover - new hard drive, new OS, and new video editing software, I was finally able to make a video of our recent fun drive around a living history farm in Wisconsin.

Just because there isn't enough video on the Web of my lime green lines.

I am so glad to be back up and driving already for a couple weeks in 2013. The rains stopped, the floods receded, and the horses are back to work! Looking forward to using my helmet cam more, and having more fun drives and shows this summer.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Xl0jwcmw7Gghttp://

Whoa, I want your lines!! Actually, lime green or teal would match my cart's eventual colour scheme nicely. haha!

What a gorgeous place to drive! I wish we had places like that around here. Your horse is lovely too

1 members found this post helpful.

I was wondering why you hadn't posted in a while--I was hoping you were just too busy driving.

What a gorgeous place to drive! I'd be unbearably jealous except that I keep telling myself that I do get to drive all winter here, and it seems like an OK tradeoff. Maybe. Wish I could have both!

Was that the Hackney that your hubby was driving, and was he wearing the boots? I was wondering how those had worked out for you long term.

We are finally getting some decent weather so that I'm not driving in a million layers of winter wear and shivering in spite of it all.

Rebecca

Wow! That's a great relaxation video! 8)

Thanks guys! Yep, Rebecca, those are his sneakers we got from you on the hackney. Actually, of course you can't see them in the video, but Chewbacca has a pair on too.

The hackney loves those boots so much, and they've worked so well for him, that I got a pair for Chewie when we go on hard/gravel surfaces.

Could have almost used them on the backs, too, at this place. It was really gravel-ly.

But definitely a GREAT place to drive.

And the super cool thing is, since when it's open, it's a living history farm, you can go with your horse & carriage, but you become part of the show and are required to wear Period clothing. I've already been shopping for Civil War era dresses- WAY too many choices.

Hoping to get back there in June maybe.

Fun fun fun. The whole drive was about 10km. We mostly walked, with all the gravel, and got around the place in just under 2 hours.

My favorite part was the cantering up the biiiiiig hill at the end. There was NO WAY I was going down that hill with a 2 wheel vehicle and no brakes, but up was a blast. It was like a ski slope. Very very big hill. Notice, Chewie stopped on his own at the top. I didn't have to tell him to! lol.

We've got a living history fort nearby. I wonder if I could be part of their productions? I'm going to check that out, it'd be so much fun!

What a fun fun fun drive! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

I'm so glad the Hackney is liking his sneakers. When I told Salt I sold them, I swear he looked relieved. I don't know why he hated them so much.

Our roads got fixed a few months ago, so we're not stuck with the huge sharp gravel any more. So he's been doing fine back on the road. It got so bad for a while that it was very difficult to drive a car, and it was impossible for horses.

Rebecca