The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Douglas VDL semen

Hi there. Anyone know where I can locate some Douglas vdl semen? Majestic gaits is all out

I believe that Majestic Gaits is the distributor for VDL, so I am not sure you will be able to get it elsewhere. I was also looking as we love our Douglas colt this year.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

He is available in Canada at Prima Equestrian: http://www.primaequestrian.com/frozen_semen_roster.php
    Specializing in Custom Warmblood Foals - www.premiumwarmbloods.com

Visit Our Facebook Page!

Thanks PW
    We are also a VDL agent but sadly the last of our Douglas semen was just shipped to the US so there is no more Douglas semen left in Canada .

His semen is excellent super success rates, there will not be any more in NA until next year which is too bad but he is sold out.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PrimaEquestrian

Everyone seems to have sold out We happen to get hold of another mare so we were excited to put Douglas on her, we have a 4yr old who is just fantastic. I was hoping someone out there brought 3 from MG and perhaps had a dose left over to help me out. Any suggestions about an alternative. I like my current douglas because hes big and very level headed. Our broodemare is hot and competitve so we were looking to add the size and the calm of douglas. Anyone used Glasgow? I was thinking about him as an alternative.

I was going to suggest Glasgow, super semen as well and he is a lovely stallion just stunning in person love him!
    We sold out last year and have some coming soon, I am sure MG has some in stock.
    We have some great photos of him on our FB page, see link below, taken at the VDL Stallion show check out our photo gallery.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com

What are your thoughts on Zirocco Blue in comparison to Douglas and Glasgow?
    Im REALLY enjoying your photos, its nice to see them all now they are older.

Please send me an email with a photo of your mare - sales@primaequestrian.com I will get back to you right away.
    Thanks re the photos there are many to look at
    Check out our new Cardento x Ahorn foal on our FB page Invincible P-FBH, love Cardento he may give the size you are looking for, his foals are amazing we love our new colt and our first Cardento foal.
    As for Zirocco he is one of our all time favourite stallions we find out this week if one of our mares is in foal to him, semen was some of the best we have looked at post breeding. He needs more of a refined mare IMO so would like to see your mare to give my thoughts.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com

done. Thanks so much for your help!

We just heard back from VDL on their suggestions and emailed you. Glasgow and the Douglas son Dallas were on there and what I was thinking. We do have all the others in stock.

Hoping for lots of Douglas next year!

Kathy
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you everyone for your help, we have chosen Glasgow and MG has it in stock! Thanks Prima for all your advise, it was much appreciated!

Your very welcome!
    Excellent choice going with Glasgow, much success with the breeding, looking forward to seeing your foal next year.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com