The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May. 6, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default Vivaldi .... Hoping for update?

    I've got a mare who would cross exceptionally with Vivaldi ..... I know the semen in past has been similar in quality to Krack C and been worse than junk.

    I heard rumor that Vivaldi had been moved and semen was improving? Maybe I dreamed that up as I can't find anything to support it, but I'm wondering if anyone here has heard similar?

    Or anyone at all who's had success with him?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov. 21, 2007
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _SSM_ View Post
    I've got a mare who would cross exceptionally with Vivaldi ..... I know the semen in past has been similar in quality to Krack C and been worse than junk.

    I heard rumor that Vivaldi had been moved and semen was improving? Maybe I dreamed that up as I can't find anything to support it, but I'm wondering if anyone here has heard similar?

    Or anyone at all who's had success with him?
    Well, this article actually brings up more questions than answers:

    http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...-breeding-2013

    First of all, it's looking like he may not be capable of making it to GP. Not especially a good sign.

    Also, I was aware that both Krack C and Vivaldi have crap frozen semen quality, but I chocked that up to both stallions being involved with Uytert (known for selling crap frozen semen, and not giving a crap about it.) But now I'm wondering if the semen quality itself is under par. Notice that the article states that Vivaldi had 285 registered breedings in 2009, and only 33 in 2011. It that because relatively few of those 285 breedings resulted in pregnancies, and that is why he only had 33 breedings in 2011? I honestly have no idea.

    Personally, I wouldn't bother trying. Unless others chime in here who know that his frozen is now viable.
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec. 2, 2002
    Location
    Waterford, VA USA
    Posts
    4,984

    Default

    Joop van Uytert publicly stated at the last KWPN-NA Annual meeting in Holland that he was not interested in doing business with American breeders. So far, all the frozen semen produced under his direction has been useless (and expensive) crap. Why would anybody in this country want to do business with him?
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov. 21, 2007
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post
    Joop van Uytert publicly stated at the last KWPN-NA Annual meeting in Holland that he was not interested in doing business with American breeders. So far, all the frozen semen produced under his direction has been useless (and expensive) crap. Why would anybody in this country want to do business with him?
    With this public statement on record, it makes me wonder.....

    1) Why does he bother offering frozen semen from stallions standing at his stud?

    2) Does it not grate on the consciences of the people freezing this semen under his direction that the product is worthless?

    3) With his public statement that he doesn't care to do business with American breeders, would it not be worth a class action lawsuit against him by North American breeders who have suffered financial losses? (and fraud, really)
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May. 6, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Indeed, I had heard this about Joop and would be hesitant at best to purchase from him. But somewhere along the way I heard rumor Vivaldi was frozen elsewhere now but wanted that validated before I would even consider taking a chance. Not finding anything to support this rumor which of course makes it a rather moot point.

    I agree though, what is the point of producing frozen semen if it's not going to sell? Seems kind of ridiculous to me.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov. 21, 2007
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _SSM_ View Post
    I agree though, what is the point of producing frozen semen if it's not going to sell? Seems kind of ridiculous to me.
    Actually, the question shouldn't be ".......if it's not going to sell?" It should be ".........if it's not viable and isn't going to work?"

    The sad fact is that those who aren't in "the know" DO buy it. And he knows it's crap. I consider that to be fraud.
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun. 22, 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Too bad. He's made some lovely horses.
    Cindy Bergmann
    Canterbury Court
    559-903-4814
    www.canterbury-court.com



  8. #8
    Join Date
    May. 6, 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Oh it's completely awful he does. By saying why make a product that won't sell was more from his business stand point.

    I have found vivaldi that was NOT frozen by Joop but by Holstud last year. Thoughts anyone?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov. 21, 2007
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _SSM_ View Post
    Oh it's completely awful he does. By saying why make a product that won't sell was more from his business stand point.

    I have found vivaldi that was NOT frozen by Joop but by Holstud last year. Thoughts anyone?
    I would try to find out if there have been any confirmed pregnancies or live foals from THAT semen. Motility stats aren't good enough, if that's all they can give you.
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability



  10. #10

    Default

    Joop van Uytert publicly stated at the last KWPN-NA Annual meeting in Holland that he was not interested in doing business with American breeders.
    I would not give this man business or even the pleasure of adding your mare to his stallion's breeding numbers. Even if the crappy semen is sold by someone else. What a jerk!



Similar Threads

  1. Vivaldi semen
    By Weazel in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec. 9, 2012, 10:18 AM
  2. Tucci-Vivaldi
    By jumper.jump in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar. 31, 2012, 10:50 PM
  3. Anyone breed to Vivaldi? Krack C son
    By Glynnsong in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun. 4, 2011, 12:45 PM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: Sep. 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
  5. Jazz / Vivaldi frozen semen
    By Dan in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun. 29, 2009, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness