The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainers with schoolmasters in So Pines this coming weekend?

(I apologize for lack of paragraphs--my return key isn't working here today.) I'll be driving up to Newport News this Thursday or Friday for my little brother's graduation (Saturday). In order to make the most of the long drive, I was thinking I'd like to squeeze in a lesson or two in Southern Pines on the way, perhaps Friday afternoon. If it doesn't work out, that's okay, but I'd love ideas on who might be there this weekend and have schoolmasters to ride. If I have to choose, I'd prefer a dressage lesson, though jumping would be fine too. I'm not looking for a chance to do the 'tricks'--I get to ride my home trainer's 3d level schoolmaster regularly, but my sound horse at home is very green still. One of my weak spots, though, is developing the ability to get a lengthening-->medium-->extended trot. I just don't have a very good feel for the gradations and what I need to be aiming for at each stage. Basically, I'm looking for a kick-butt lesson with a fresh set of eyes. Thanks for your ideas!

If you can get a lesson with Becca Vick, she is a wonderful dressage instructor. I believe that she may have horses to ride. The folks who live in SP's should know more than I.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!