The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Penny Oaks Training helmetcam

First of all, once again a huge thank you to all the volunteers who make our shows possible. Nothing happens without them. Penny Oaks HT is at the Hoosier Horse Park which is part of Camp Atterbury, a busy military base. It was a great course. A full coffin, coming around a sharp turn to a log, downhill to the ditch and out over a log, very fun. And it was great to be with a lot of fellow Hoosiers and other Eventing peeps!

http://youtu.be/6kAE62As09I

2 members found this post helpful.

Wow! Loved it. Great job!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Another awesome helmet cam! Looks like you had a blast

Too bad you weren't sporting a shiny new Kan-teq vest.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

riderboy is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Another awesome helmet cam! Looks like you had a blast

Too bad you weren't sporting a shiny new Kan-teq vest.
    Those Kan-tec vests are nice. I'm working on my man-boobs to fit into one, since they don't make them for guys! The XC was fun. A bit trappy and less gallopy than KHP and Masterson. The automatic weapon and artillery fire in the distance adds a nuanced sort of excitement as well. : ). The Roam2 worked great as well, thanks for the advice!

1 members found this post helpful.

Looks like fun! Can't wait till my green bean is ready to go show! How was the footing for Dressage and SJ? I was at the Hoosier Horse Park a few years ago and I recall being disappointed in their outdoor footing. The covered outdoor was full of rocks and the other arenas were VERY deep. I'd love to go show there because I loved the open space for cross country, but my sensitive mare would NOT like the arenas!

Great video! Thanks for sharing. Tessie's recovery is not going as planned, so no MayDaze for us. It is nice to ride vicarously through your helmet cams on all of the courses that we have had to scratch this year.

Jaycee and you are such great partners. I love watching his ears, when you are saying, "Good Boy!"
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

riderboy is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by eventerchick517 View Post
    Looks like fun! Can't wait till my green bean is ready to go show! How was the footing for Dressage and SJ? I was at the Hoosier Horse Park a few years ago and I recall being disappointed in their outdoor footing. The covered outdoor was full of rocks and the other arenas were VERY deep. I'd love to go show there because I loved the open space for cross country, but my sensitive mare would NOT like the arenas!
    I thought the new footing in the dressage arenas was a huge improvement, I've never ridden in the covered outdoor, usually the western folks are in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Great video! Thanks for sharing. Tessie's recovery is not going as planned, so no MayDaze for us. It is nice to ride vicarously through your helmet cams on all of the courses that we have had to scratch this year.

Jaycee and you are such great partners. I love watching his ears, when you are saying, "Good Boy!"
    Very sad to hear that, you will be missed. Stadium yesterday was certainly a test of that partnership. I entered the arena, took him over to show him a spooky jump, he spooked, spun, almost dumped me, I lost my stirrup and just couldn't get it back, the artillery went off and the whistle blew. All in the pouring rain. Not my best moment. I somehow got my stirrup back and off we went!