The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Barn and Blooms

No, its not finished, but I am getting excited about the improvements and work going on at the widdle barn right now! The ROOF has been raised/replaced and re done on the center portion (stalls and aisle) and both 'wings' (shop on one side/run in on other) also replaced. The raised portion has side lights (polycarb panels) the entire sides about 4 ft high. makes for amazing light and air in there vs. the lower roof before! Lots going on, getting so much finalized and repaired and redone. Was down for much of the work to get underway, and had to take some photos of the amazing little spot that it is......Springtime here is overwhelming in the visual display. My grandmother planted and put in the azaleas, dogwoods, redbuds, wisteria, ivy, periwinkle, daffodils, irises, etc, etc, etc, over 60 yrs ago....Its really amazing the color and display of just about anything you can think of! The slide show trys to take you from one side of the property to the other, around the back of the house. at the end, you'll see a sneak couple of shots of some of the few 'adornments' to the barn I added as well.
    http://s594.photobucket.com/user/ayr...0blooms?sort=2
    ayrabz
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem"
    --Jimmy Buffett

1 members found this post helpful.

Link doesnt work for me.
    Tack Cleaning/All-Things-Tack nut
    ~DQ wanna-be~

rats. usually, I load the pix to the site, and then put in the link and then log back in and click to see if it works....seems to??? so now I'm really confused. (and always (!) tech challenged. )
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

Beautiful. The azaleas/rhododendrons are especially gorgeous!

I am so, SO envious of "old" properties that are just bursting with color in the Spring! My dad/stepmom's house is similar, as the original owners, many many years ago, planted a lot of large azaleas and rhodies along a banked back property line with a lot of purple vinca creeping along under them, with dogwoods everywhere and a few star magnolias, blue bells in the "woods" and more. So beautiful.

What a beautiful property you have - cherish it!

thanks you guys! It certainly is a special spot....My grandparents built that Sears and Robuck cape cod from plans and their own two hands and a wheelbarrow. got the pix to prove it. Very very special to me to even walk there and be there, much less watch this little barn evolve....will be so anxious! to show the pix of the current work ongoing.....with my sidelights and raised roof, and washrack, and deck (!!) (little one...in front of tack room window) and corian counter with sink outside, and outdoor water heater, yes , yes, yes! anxious!!
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

1 members found this post helpful.

Fantastic!
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Beautiful! When I saw the flower shrub I envisioned an entore arena like that. Wouldn't it be beautiful? Practical? Probably not with the bee's! But it sure would be pretty . And I love that you used the old rocking horse in the barn...I have one hidden in the loft above my tack room - I may have to take it out .

Gorgeous, and so wonderful that you get to enjoy and continue what your grandparents started. They say that those who love gardening believe in the future, and this is proof of that. I imagine you feel their presence every day.
    They're not miniatures, they're concentrates.

Born tongue-in-cheek and foot-in-mouth

So wonderful to reap the legacy your grandparents started - I remember a friend whose over 100 year old great aunt had planted a camellia, the thing was a monster, probably 20 feet tall. I spend spring time scouring our property for the bulbs that went with the long demolished old house and I have daffs and beautiful blue iris that we've lifted and moved and my own blooming peach and plum trees. And your little front paddock and your barn are coming along so nicely - congratulatons!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Now if only smell came with those pics Looks beautiful
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook