The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default White skito pad

Does a white skito pad exist? I'm new to this pad and I just want a plan white or off white pad for under my sensation dressage saddle.

TIA

Yup. Just contact them for a quote. Tom@skito.net

Here's an example of a dressage 1/2 pad - http://carouseltights.com/HJ%20half%...20view%201.jpg

Thanks - I found his email after this post. To be clear thought was looking for an equalizer with the foam inserts.

Does anyone know of another white pad that works will under a sensation dressage saddle and has enough padding/room to add padding/shims etc?

I believe you can use the half pad posted above over a regular white fleece pad. The half pad has foam inserts.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

Tom is wonderful to work with. He can make just about any of his pads in any color and fabric combination. And I have one of those half pads posted above - it fits very nicely over a light cotton or fleece pad. It is barely noticeable, quite low profile (provided it fits your saddle). Mine has fleece on top and cotton on the bottom, so it blends in perfectly to my other fleece pads. Tom will also look at photos of your horse and saddle, and recommend specific shims and thicknesses to go with the regular foam padding.

Tom can make a white full dressage pad with the foam inserts. I just found the picture of the half pad.

You may want to consider the half pad over a thin show pad though - I hate washing my Skito, and with a white one, I'm sure it's going to need frequent washing

Yup to Tom @ Skito. He'll make you what you want and cares about his product.

Also, I have a Skito pad that's probably 20 years old. Maybe it's too squishy by now, but horses and I still like it's feel. It has more than paid for itself.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Thanks...am ordering one as we speak.