The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bill of Sale?

Does anyone have a good bill of sale they could recommend?

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by murphy28 View Post
    Does anyone have a good bill of sale they could recommend?

Thanks so much
    This looks like a thorough document:
    http://www.bayequest.info/static/pdf/bill-of-sale3.pdf
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

I purchased a book from Barnes and Noble eons ago called "Equine Legal Handbook". It has several options for bill of sale as well as other contracts. I could PM you a copy of the contract I used for my horse.
    "As you get older, the hardest thing about riding is the ground"- anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by 2tempe View Post
    This looks like a thorough document:
    http://www.bayequest.info/static/pdf/bill-of-sale3.pdf
    Thank you that's helpful

Quote Originally Posted by anmoro View Post
    I purchased a book from Barnes and Noble eons ago called "Equine Legal Handbook". It has several options for bill of sale as well as other contracts. I could PM you a copy of the contract I used for my horse.
    That would be great if you have time
    Thanks so much

Default Here is the one I used-If you give me your email I can send you the word document

Equine Bill of Sale

IN CONSIDERATION of the sum of $ ___________, received by ________________________________,
    (name exactly as listed on registration papers)

(“Seller”) whose address is __________________________________________________ _________ from

__________________________________________, (“Buyer”) whose address is ____________________
    (name exactly as it will be listed on any registration papers)

____________________________________, receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged,

Seller grants, sells, conveys, and transfers to Buyer the following equine (the “Equine”):

Equine’s Name:

Breed of Equine:

Equine’s Date of Birth: Equine’s Color:

Sex of Equine:  Mare  Stallion  Gelding

Registration # (if applicable):

Marks and other distinctive physical characteristics: (include all marks, scars, brands, etc.)

Sire Name: Registration # (if applicable):
    Dam Name: Registration # (if applicable):

COGGINS TEST: Seller warrants that the Equine has received a negative Coggins test on _____________, 20__.

REGISTRATION AND OWNERSHIP TRANSFERS: Upon payment in full as set forth above, Seller agrees to provide Buyer with all Ownership and Registration Certificates upon completion of final payment.

SELLER REPRESENTATIONS: Seller warrants to Buyer that Seller is the legal and true owner of the Equine and that Seller has the unqualified right to sell the Equine. Furthermore, Seller warrants that the Equine is sold free and clear of any lien, security interest, mortgage or other encumbrance. Seller will defend the same against the claims of all persons whomsoever.
    WARRANTIES: The Equine is sold as is, with no express or implied warranties or representations having been made by Seller to Buyer other than those expressly included in this written agreement.
    BINDING EFFECT: The covenants and conditions contained in this Bill of Sale shall apply to and bind the parties and the heirs, legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns.
    SEVERABILITY: If any part or parts of this Bill of Sale shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Bill of Sale shall continue in full force and effect.
    ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Bill of Sale constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Bill of Sale. No other agreements or promises, verbal or implied, are included unless specifically stated in this written agreement This Bill of Sale may be modified in writing and must be signed by both Buyer and Seller..
    ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS:
    1. Seller agrees to provide the original of the current Coggins test.
    2. When Buyer and Seller sign this contract, it will then be binding on both parties.

GOVERNING LAW: This Bill of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. Should any clause be in conflict with the Laws of Pennsylvania, that clause shall be null and void.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Seller has executed and delivered this Equine Bill of Sale this _____ day of

___________________ , 20__.

____________________________________ _______________________________________
    Signature of Seller or Seller’s Agent* Signature of Buyer or Buyer’s Agent*

____________________________________ ________________________________________
    Signature of Witness &Date Signature of Witness & Date

*Attach copy of this authority.

If you're still looking for one, PM me - I work for an attorney who heavily edited a few drafts of one I put together a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LulaBell View Post
    If you're still looking for one, PM me - I work for an attorney who heavily edited a few drafts of one I put together a few weeks ago.
    Thank you for the offer. I used a Bill of Sale that someone suggested, and my horse's new owners came and picked him up today.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Murphy28- Glad you got one. I didn't get a chance to PM you. Sorry!
    "As you get older, the hardest thing about riding is the ground"- anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by anmoro View Post
    Murphy28- Glad you got one. I didn't get a chance to PM you. Sorry!
    No worries