The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looks Like There Are Some New Boots in Dressage Town!

"Outside the box" at the FEI international level.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.mat...type=1&theater
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

1 members found this post helpful.

Yowza!

DT had an article about some riders that a stretching the envelope as far as turnout goes. One girl had blue, alligator boots which I liked. I'm glad to see some fun entering the arena. I don't particularly care for the above posted boots though. They kinda look like plastic. Just a personal choice.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

To each their own!!
    Proud COTH lurker since 2001.

Ew! - major dislike.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I suppose if she was doing a Freestyle to "Crocodile Rock" Thing is these come of looking like pleather
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

they would be better w/ a brown coat....but whether i like them or not it's nice to see 'different'....

3 members found this post helpful.

OK Every on can borrow shirts from The WP. The one's with the sequins and rhinestones..
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Coat looks brown on my computer. I wouldn't run out to buy myself a pair, but I think they are kinda cool for her. Not for every day, though.

I've got them in black, non-patent, and love them I don't show in them though!

I saw a pair of matte SILVER boots at Del Mar. I LOVE LOVE LOVE silver. I have a silver parka - Goode Rider I think. It's awesome.

The price wasn't marked, and I didn't ask. But if I had the money, I'd buy those silver boots. I'd have a silver coat made, get a silver helmet with crystals/rhinestones that seem so popular right now, braid rhinestones into my horse's mane, dye him black, put a huge crystal script "S" on his butt, and rock Training Level 2 at the next schooling show. Now THAT would be fun!

I also saw some black leather boots there with a patent strip at the top that traced the spanish top. Now those I might actually consider (not really) because they would match horse's patent browband and noseband.
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

I love, Love, LOVE them! If I had a pair of boots like that, I'd ride in them all the time and wear them everywhere I could get away with it! To pull it off at shows, however, I think you'd have to be riding successfully at least FEI, if not GP. Anything less would look like a dorky DQ.

Quote Originally Posted by right horse at the right time View Post
    I saw a pair of matte SILVER boots at Del Mar. I LOVE LOVE LOVE silver.

The price wasn't marked, and I didn't ask.

I also saw some black leather boots there with a patent strip at the top that traced the spanish top. Now those I might actually consider (not really) because they would match horse's patent browband and noseband.
    The silver boots, if I remember correctly, were just over $1300. The patent strip, IMO, is very classy since it is not over the top. My trainer just got De Niro's with a brown patent strip around the top because she is planning on getting a brown shadbelly and helmet in the near future. However, her boots still look gorgeous with her black one because you can't really see the strip unless you are up close.

The ones in the picture...yikes. I saw a pair similar at Del Mar as well, and as fun as they might be for schooling, the show ring is not where they belong.