The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Moving to Bucks County, PA

Hi all. I'm moving to Bucks County, PA next week for a new job and still trying to find a great barn. Field board is ideal (fits the budget better.. ) but since I don't have my own rig to go other places, I really want access to at least one ring with good footing and some decent jumps. Having a good coach and people actively going to events and giving one another rides is a plus. Access to hacking, XC schooling etc etc would obviously be a bonus too, but beggars can't be choosers!

Any thoughts or suggestions? It's beautiful out there, but so hard to know where to go without knowing anyone!

Thanks!!

Bucks County Horse Park is in that area and is a fabulous place to go cross country schooling. They also have a wonderful variety of events going on there from spring through late fall. In fact, I did they did a horse trial in December of last year because the footing was still good.

There are plenty of barns there BCHP, but I'm not familiar with any of them, being on the NJ side. However, the manager of the park is really nice and if you email her, she might be able to give you some leads.

Come Along Farm in Pipersville.