The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Brenderup trailer help?

Hi everyone,

I have a Brenderup trailer that I bought new in 2005, and it's been great for my medium-sized TB. The model of trailer (Baron TC) says it should fit a bigger horse (to 18hh) but I cannot figure out how to fit my new horse (size 86, 17.1 hh Belgian Warmblood) into it. Does anyone have advice on how to set the chest/butt bars, etc? Is there some trick I just don't know? I would hate to part with it, but I really need some solid advice here. And pictures of your big horse in the trailer!

thanks!

Well, I have no pictures but I had a 2006 Brenderup Baron that I hauled my friends 3/4 Belgian draft cross mare in. It was tight...front to back and she only wears a 81 blanket so your big guy might not fit well. I did replace that one 2 years ago with the new Baron that is about 12 inches longer and she isn't as sardined as she was before. I think it would have to be one heck of a compact 18h horse to fit into them.

If you could find any of the offset buttbars which would be difficult now since they aren't being made anymore. You could haul him on a slight slant and he would probably fit but then you have a single horse trailer.
    Mike Matson posted this business as a supplier of replacement parts. They might have some offset butt bars (one long and one short so the partition is on an angle giving a semi slant stall).
    http://www.mountaintoptrailers.com/b...ler-parts.html

Susan

1 members found this post helpful.

Ah, so they increased the length of the trailer after 2006. That makes more sense to me as to why everyone seems to think I'm crazy. On the specs for my trailer, it says the "stall" front to back measures 84 inches, but I think that's got to be to the front and back ends of the chest and butt bars. Thanks so much for your help!

Well both of my 17.1 hand boys with 84 blankets fit in my 2004 Baron. And that's before the length change.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Between the chest and butt bars, mine only measures about 74 inches. Not the 84 inches claimed in the literature I still have from 2005. Am I missing something? The manual says not to haul without the chest bar, but doesn't say anything about the butt bar. Is it safe to haul without a butt bar? Any idea where I could get a 1-piece butt bar? The link to mountaintop trailers no longer works

Mine measures 84 in, but it is a 2011 Baron L SL (the extra long one). No, you shouldn't trailer without a butt bar. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a one-piece butt bar that Mountain Top Trailer Sales has ordered from Europe for me. I'd suggest you give them a call. http://www.mountaintoptrailers.com

I sent them an email last night. Thank you!