The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Stunning horse! I rock the blue (with periwinkle lining) and cream too Go for it!

I think it would look great with your chestnut! And the brown tack, additionally.
    Don't feel the need to justify your horse OR yourself! You guys work hard, and put on your best. Just keep doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    When you find the Navy coat with light blue piping that comes in LONG LONG sleeves, would you mind posting a link?
    I ride a chestnut with brown tack, brown boots, a black helmet, white gloves, white breeches, and a pad that's white with brombeer and gold trim (a homage to his Cadre Noir heritage)
    Right now I wear a dark grey pikeur coat, but I'd love a navy and light blue coat.
    The people that WANT to blend in are the ones afraid they have nothing to show off :-)
    Try the Eurofit Ulanka. That's what mine is. Navy blue with navy velvet collar and navy velvet sleeve (about 1/4 the way up the arm). Piping is a silvery blue, and the coat lining is periwinkle.

The Ulanka is what I just bought (used, of course...new would never happen). I can't wait for it to arrive.

Right horse, there is a similar-looking pad available at http://www.padperfect.com/ - I don't think it's the exact same pad, but it looks pretty close. These pads have good reviews on the eventing forum.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

Coat came today! It is a bit big and will need some tailoring, but I knew that coming in. Here it is rocking my homemade cream stock tie.
    http://s686.photobucket.com/user/cle...fa6f0.jpg.html
    http://s686.photobucket.com/user/cle...5211c.jpg.html
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

Gorgeous!

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

For what it is worth, I think your horse is lovely, You look great (in your profile Pic) and What you are wearing sounds just fine, My Dressage tack was brown.
    So was all my tack, as I used the same for all three phases. Well used to have a Dressage saddle, It was wrecking my horses back.
    If you are neat and tidy that is what counts. Have a blast with your awesome horse! Edited to add.. Oh the coat is beautiful!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.