The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ManyDogs View Post
    Paula,
    Please serve Roti and Ting out the back, will ya?????? :-)
    Speaking of Trini food, have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUP1B3mpMW4

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

OP, if you are thick waisted, I am the pillsbury dough boy. or maybe the Michelin tire man.

That is a super nice horse you've got there, and as the owner of a horse that definitely doesn't fit the mold of bay WB, I say go for it.

My goal this year is to lose 20 more pounds. After I do, I'm getting a custom coat in a color other than black. I'm thinking a beautiful wine color to go with my sparkly gray horse.

And yes, I agree with the person above that says dressage is getting much more accepting. People have been super nice to me and I have really enjoyed it.

2 members found this post helpful.

BEAUTIFUL horse! Go for it - color and all! My guy is a liver chestnut clyde/tb cross...and we get looks/comments all of the time - especially "Look at his FEET!" (size 4 shoes...LOL). I just got fitted for a custom chocolate brown coat and will pair it with champagne ivory breeches. Brown boots are already in my closet

The blue with brown tack will look gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!
    Heather
    Green Cove Springs, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rprincess73 View Post
    BEAUTIFUL horse! Go for it - color and all! My guy is a liver chestnut clyde/tb cross...and we get looks/comments all of the time - especially "Look at his FEET!" (size 4 shoes...LOL). I just got fitted for a custom chocolate brown coat and will pair it with champagne ivory breeches. Brown boots are already in my closet

The blue with brown tack will look gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!
    Haha my boy has custom shoes...his feet would come out to be size 6/7, probably. I think other people are just jealous!
    You guys are getting me so motivated to show!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

Im getting to that point in life where its fun or OR BUST!

I put my work in, do my time, and try and put a good foot forward, sluffing off is not what I mean, but definately want to enjoy myself!

Interestingly enough my grandmother was right whenever she stood by the arena when I was a tot yelling "Smile!" cause she had no clue what else us horse people had to do to win LOL

Every time I trot up center, I tell myself SMILE! Not because I have to, but because what the hell else is there that I enjoy more
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

6 members found this post helpful.

I think brown tack and boots for that matter are in vogue now! Plus, on a chestnut brown looks so beautiful as will cream breeches and a navy coat. You sound like a fashionista to me girlfriend....sit tall in the saddle and march down centerline as proud as can be!

1 members found this post helpful.

If you put in a good test, it shouldn't matter what you're wearing.

Blue and brown tack sounds conservative and lovely.

Your horse is lovely! And, so are you, thick waisted? No way.

Brown tack on a chestnut is perfect...if you guys are sticking out, it's because you are the best looking pair at the show .

Quote Originally Posted by cleozowner View Post
    Haha my boy has custom shoes...his feet would come out to be size 6/7, probably. I think other people are just jealous!
    You guys are getting me so motivated to show!
    I'm so used to my horse's giant feet that I always do double takes on other horses' feet because they always strike me as tiny!

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Look at that big butt (the horse, not you, OP). Can you imagine what that horse can do in dressage? I think if you are sticking out, that's because they are drooling...

I do the Navy/Cream combo on my very chestnutty bay mare! Only caveat is the saddle pad. White will make your cream breeches look dirty, and if you go navy, it needs to match.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...44953219_n.jpg
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

I ride a Haflinger...we stick out like a sore thumb. We bring out the 12-year-old pony-lover in everyone If I ever make it to rated shows, I want to go the brown coat/cream breeches route. I mean, go big or go home, right?

My Tb mare and I are both "used to be broodmares." We are both chubby and hardly know what we are doing most of the time. The pic in my profile is our first one-day event. Yes, I am 33 and go XC in navy, white and hot pink!

Own it girlfriend! Your hose is awesome, btw. He can live at my house anytime!
    Steppin Not Dragon "Bella"
    Top Shelf "Charlie"
    Check out the Military + Horses fb page!

I think your horse is gorgeous! And I ride a palomino wb, so we stick out quite a bit too, plus I want to do cream and get a CO AYR8 w/ the colored piping and not to hijack the thread, but where does everyone get their lovely cream stuff? I used white on my old horse but want to switch to cream on my new baby but haven't really found anything yet...

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Your horse is gorgeous and I'm with those asking "What thick waist?"
    I also think your color choices will look fabulous on both of you.

As for sticking out - see DH's horse in my Profile pic: Strawberry Roan Sabino TWH < Oh, the Horror!

And yes, that is DH riding his dressage test in his first rated Event.

Fading into the background is for sissies.
    And no Judge worth their rating will mark down breed or your outfit as long as you both present neat & workmanlike.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Covergirl - I got the "chardonnay" saddle pad by EOUS and cream Pikeur breeches. I bought a cream stock tie from Dressage Extensions, but it just wasn't right for me, so I'm selling it and working on sewing my own stock tie now (because it's much more fun than working on this paper I have to write...).

Update: I caved and bought the coat yesterday.

Wink

That horse is too homely to be shown. He needs to retire here with me.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

So I bought the coat (which will need some minor alterations, but what coat doesn't) and finished my handmade stock tie today! I don't have a sewing machine, so this was sewn by hand based on a store-bought pre-tied stock tie I had. I think it turned out pretty nice! Picture here

Gorgeous horse .

Here is a picture of a cream saddle pad that's a bit different - I saw it at Del Mar. I think the horse is Stefano 8 (??), but I'm not home to look at the list. http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/ri...0c504.jpg.html

Here is a close up of the pad: http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/ri...9185d.jpg.html.

Let me see what other combos I can find in my Del Mar pics. Your stock tie is beautiful! Good luck on your paper. I, too, am procrastinating .
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

I ride a spotty Appaloosa mule. 'Nuff said.

And paulaedwina, wait until you see his feet. You're going to flip.