The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Saddle Fit for A Frame and High Withers.

Hello all,

I am on the search for a new dressage saddle. I need something to fit high withers and a bit of an a frame. He also has dipping at the base of the withers. I would like the budget to stay around $1,500, as I just purchased a custom saddle for my other horse who is a very different fit.

Also I currently have a Prestige Eventer which is set at a 34 tree. It bridges a bit and I have worked with padding to keep it manageable, but would like a better fit. Would setting the tree to 33 help? Am I just out of luck?

I have included pics, I know they are less than ideal, but I hope they help.
    Pics

Thank you all in advance!
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeventer View Post
    Hello all,

I am on the search for a new dressage saddle. I need something to fit high withers and a bit of an a frame. He also has dipping at the base of the withers. I would like the budget to stay around $1,500, as I just purchased a custom saddle for my other horse who is a very different fit.

Also I currently have a Prestige Eventer which is set at a 34 tree. It bridges a bit and I have worked with padding to keep it manageable, but would like a better fit. Would setting the tree to 33 help? Am I just out of luck?

I have included pics, I know they are less than ideal, but I hope they help.
    Pics

Thank you all in advance!
    Custom isn't necessarily out of your reach at that budget.

Both my saddles are customs from Heritage in the UK-- and my new horse is very similar in shape to yours. my saddles fit him great though I will need to pull some flocking out as his back fills in.

My saddle is buffalo and calf, and I think shipped to the US the total would have been about $1600. Less if I had forgone the buffalo.

Here is my saddle on my horse today, not the best fit picture, but it definitely is the perfect shape for him:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...33855765_o.jpg

Here is his topline for comparison purposes: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps37ab345d.jpg
    Just a suggestion.