The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My "new" girl went schooling the other day

I got her a few weeks before surgery and I only got to sit on her once. Took her to my friends to see what she could do and she was a very good girl. First time doing a small course and 6th time jumping She is out of shape do to just be bopping around with some of the little walk trot kids the last few months. But thought I would share

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PjubD4P7n9Q

Love her!

She seems like a sweet girl. What are you planning to do with her if you'll be competing?
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

what a lovely, soft girl

Well she is going to be a horse of many jobs, just like all of the others. Do a bit of eventing and hunters. Though I don't see her doing anything really competitive in eventing *sniff* but will also do some hunters. She is still green, but very willing with a good work ethic. I haven't shown hunters since the 90s though. Though at this point everyone has ridden her more then me. Wish my college kids would show more incentive to want to exercise the horses while I am laid up, since she is only ridden 2x a week right now for the two kids that lesson on her.

Really, I have her sitting, my 3'6-4' jumper mare who also is going to do some derbies only being schooled 3x a week, and a really quiet medium who needs to get back in shape who is a packer. People complain that there are no nice horses and ponies to ride and I couldn't find students to commit to exercising them a few days a week! OK, mini rant over.

Though I can't wait till I am off my crutches in four weeks and can ride again.
    Last edited by Couture TB; May. 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM.