The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

wow, that's a nice pony. I'll bet his canter is just as nice...hope someone gets him soon.

Someone needs him quickly so I don't start scheming about ways to bring him home. Sadly that is not in the plan right now so please take such cute temptation away! I'm here for enabling-who needs it. ACME, we're in the same state. I'm pretty sure you need him. The COTH network is vast and is known for supplying references for vets and eyes on the ground. CatchMe, I think the ad sounds like once he's on the farm he is a-ok in the nerves and behavior department. It can't hurt to call and get some more details.

Anyone else tempted and need some justification? I'm bored at work all day today!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    Someone needs him quickly so I don't start scheming about ways to bring him home. Sadly that is not in the plan right now so please take such cute temptation away! I'm here for enabling-who needs it. ACME, we're in the same state. I'm pretty sure you need him. The COTH network is vast and is known for supplying references for vets and eyes on the ground. CatchMe, I think the ad sounds like once he's on the farm he is a-ok in the nerves and behavior department. It can't hurt to call and get some more details.

Anyone else tempted and need some justification? I'm bored at work all day today!

Good luck.

I'm 85 and still hoping, still trying.

Quote Originally Posted by CatchMeIfUCan View Post
    I am seriously contemplating it if I can get him from WV to Chicago. My only reservation is it says he is nervous under saddle, and I like a forward brave horse.

I wouldn't worry about that. Give him time and the right re-training and he will be brave for you. I'd get him home, turn him out and start him on GG.

This is a really nice horse.....
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

1 members found this post helpful.

Ok ok I am seriously interested. I can call tomorrow. I have never vetted a horse (from the track or otherwise) and am not overly worried considering how sound he is on concrete. What would you suggest I get done? BFNE, can you pm me a suggestion for a vet? I would need to ship him to Chicago - my friend would get him if someone else needed a ride in either direction. Any suggestions for shippers or anyone know of someone needing a ride?
    ~Isabel

Proud owner and Head Groom for Infinity Sport Horse
    Facebook :: Website

Ok ok I am seriously interested. I can call tomorrow. I have never vetted a horse (from the track or otherwise) and am not overly worried considering how sound he is on concrete. What would you suggest I get done? BFNE, can you pm me a suggestion for a vet? I would need to ship him to Chicago - my friend would get him if someone else needed a ride in either direction. Any suggestions for shippers or anyone know of someone needing a ride?
    PM xctrygrl - she just went through this at mountaineer and has the contact info for the 2 vets that go there. I can send to you later when I'm not trying to do this on my phone. I tried to get a guy last month but wasn't quick enough. He lasted a whole 24 hrs
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

I saw on facebook that the Retired Racehorse Training Project is doing another thing.......this horse would be PERFECT for someone to do he challenge on.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

cssutton it's a lifetime goal....I just happen to be in my 20's right now. I am a long, long way from being good. I'm functional, but there's always more to learn!

He would be fun for the RRTP challenge, BFNE! It's open for pros, adult ammys, and juniors-I'm looking forward to seeing the new participants and the results.

Hmmmmm. I wonder how much it is to ship to CA...anyone coming this way?

Ok my ducks are finally in a row. I am calling tomorrow morning, and hopefully he is still there. I have someone that wants to use him for the RRTP. Is it hard to get picked for it?

I will not be vetting, will be buying sight unseen, and will be shipping him to my friend in a different city than where I am. Should be fun if it all works out!
    ~Isabel

Ok my ducks are finally in a row. I am calling tomorrow morning, and hopefully he is still there. I have someone that wants to use him for the RRTP. Is it hard to get picked for it?

I will not be vetting, will be buying sight unseen, and will be shipping him to my friend in a different city than where I am. Should be fun if it all works out!
    Fingers crossed that the stars align! Good luck.

Link to Challenge page w/ you will be able to read the rules and fill out an on line application

http://www.retiredracehorsetraining....ver&Itemid=373

What an adventure for you and this guy. Hope it works out-be sure to keep us posted!

Hi everyone. Jenarby alerted me to this thread about Qui. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call/text or message me on here (am I allowed to answer directly on this thread?). He is a sweet gelding just looking for a new home/career off the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Hmmmmm. I wonder how much it is to ship to CA...anyone coming this way?
    Around $1200 give or take....In January had one ship for $1100...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseysale View Post
    Hi everyone. Jenarby alerted me to this thread about Qui. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call/text or message me on here (am I allowed to answer directly on this thread?). He is a sweet gelding just looking for a new home/career off the track.

Fingers crossed we can get him one! CatchMeIfUCan--let us know if it works out. If not, I may need to make some calls.

Well, y'all are the best enablers on the planet - he should be getting on a trailer to Chicago tomorrow. I am very excited. He will be my first horse as an "owner" - it has been my dream to own horses for up and coming riders (kind of like how other little girls want to go to Rolex!). Granted, he is going to one of my best friends and I will still take some lessons on him and do some shows myself, but I had to start somewhere! We filled out an app for the RRTP so hopefully we can all follow him on there!

Did everyone pronounce "qui" right in their head? It sounds like "key." While it would be best to keep his track name as it directly relates to his parents, I hate having names butchered by announcers, and I usually name my horses after movie titles.

One other thing to get feedback on - how do people in the US feel about adding prefixes for horse's owned/trained by someone? Riders in NZ often ride their horses with sponsor prefixes or there are the famous farms of horses like Clifton (who didn't breed all of their horses). It seems much more common abroad. I am toying with the idea of adding a 3 letter prefix to the horses I own.
    ~Isabel

How cool is this?! Make sure you post pictures of him over on the Ga COTHers Facebook page!

Remember to update here!

I think he'll be a stunner. Congratulations!

YEAHHHHHHH Very happy. I did pronounce his name correctly. I think most announcers would. That's a pretty basic french word!

You can add a prefix if you want. I haven't done it yet with any of my horses but have also thought of it. In the end, I decided I wasn't going to breed and re-sell enough for it to make a difference from a name branding perspective.

I've got my fingers crossed on him and you!