The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If I was shopping for a Prospect....here's one

Yeah...got to stop looking at Canter while eating my lunch.

I have too many horses....but if I was looking for a prospect for myself....this boy would get me driving to look a him. He's a bit older than I like for re-sale. But for my self...perfect.

I bet when you get him fattened up he will be very good looking....and should move and jump well!

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=284

plus his name isn't too bad! Anyone shopping?
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; May. 1, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

1 members found this post helpful.

BFNE double check his form 2x's he has almost a whole year gap ....which brings to question why? 5-7-2010 to 6-9-2012 And 1-2009 to 1-2010. Think I got that correct

bornfreenowexpensive is offline Supreme Procrastinator Premium Member
    Original Poster

I saw the gap but also saw a video of him trotting...I think it will go up on Canter. Looked pretty good and he looked pretty consistent recently. I'd ask about the gap and vet him. But very nice type and I liked his pedigree.

ETA: I would NOT consider him a good re-sale horse for a number of reasons (primarily his age and the gaps in his records)....but he is my type of horse. Tall leggy and decent mover. The video showed a horse that is well put together and a good mover...something this picture doesn't really reflect. You can tell that he is a diamond in the rough...and hopefully someone takes a closer look at him.
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; May. 1, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

i'm not really a fan but that's a bad angle!

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
    i'm not really a fan but that's a bad angle!
    The picture is impossible to judge. I saw his video on face book and that is what made me like him. Good hind end and shoulder and his neck tied in well...and he carried it well.

ETA

I posted this because so many people can't see past scruffy and thin. I've had a lot of these horses over the years. And honestly have had several horses that most would not give a second look...but now, I have people drooling over them. I can tell looking at this horse that in less than a year....with good food and some different work...he will be stunning. He is an athlete and a nice type. Wish I had more time and room for him. But so many would look a this photo and not give them a second glance.

It is very easy to tell a good horse and nice type when they are turned out well. sleek and fat. Much harder to judge when they are on the back side of a cheap track skinny and dull coat.
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; May. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Fwiw the person who owns this horse says he is very nice. The pics were emailed to me. I have not had a lot of time to get down to the teack recently to get listings and I do have a few folks who take their own and send them to me to list.
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

I'm a fairly big fan of Sir Gaylor through Drone.
    His feet aren't trashed. That's nice to see in a racing TB!!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Here's his video, for anyone who is interested. I think he's cute and would love to see a before and after. I bet he changes a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qejrmiMfv4c
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Not much to NOT like about him. Nice shape, great pasterns, good feet, smart expression. And a sweet trot!

He is absolutely just my type. Hope he gets scooped up fast to a good home
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Here's hoping he gets a soft landing.....

love his video! He has a great trot and with some loving he will turn out fantastic I am sure
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" - Henry T. Merwin

"saddle up that Drama Llama and ride!" COTHism.....

The owner just posted another trot video on my facebook page under his picture.

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jenarby View Post
    The owner just posted another trot video on my facebook page under his picture.
    Can we post it here.....I do really like him. Someone needs to pick up this boy. I just worry because he is 8 most will not give him a chance.

If you can get it to work that would be great. I can't do it from my phone. Thanks!

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jenarby View Post
    If you can get it to work that would be great. I can't do it from my phone. Thanks!
    I got it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5bp...ature=youtu.be

Bugger sounds (and looks) very sound.

If only he wasn't at Mountaineer, it's just too darn far to get there for a look-see (and a vetting). Someone local needs to go snatch him up, he is fantastic.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    If only he wasn't at Mountaineer, it's just too darn far to get there for a look-see (and a vetting). Someone local needs to go snatch him up, he is fantastic.
    I'm pretty sure we can arrange a vetting for you ...I know people who know people Hell I'd even contribute to shipping him down to you....because you would save me from getting him. My friends and family would do an intervention on me if I got another horse.

Come on COTH...he has a good name too!

I am seriously contemplating it if I can get him from WV to Chicago. My only reservation is it says he is nervous under saddle, and I like a forward brave horse.
    ~Isabel

Quote Originally Posted by CatchMeIfUCan View Post
    I am seriously contemplating it if I can get him from WV to Chicago. My only reservation is it says he is nervous under saddle, and I like a forward brave horse.
    To me the Canter listing reads as
    a bit nervous at the track but very quiet on the farm (even u/s) - perhaps someone can clarify this

Bumping for the big guy.....also check with his trainer maybe he can be gotten to Penn or CT? That opens up more Vet PPE options