The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

CrotchetyDQ, I feel your pain. I'm a 34DDD with huge shoulders to match. I have a size 44 Pikeur Diana just to fit my shoulders and chest.

I'll definitely contact them to see about the shoulder measurement!

I recently purchased the Asmar Eq dressage coat in gray and I LOVE it! I'm 5'11with a chest and long arms and it fits beautifully! Most coats I've tried on are snug through the shoulders and way too short on sleeve length.

You guys really think stiff boots help your position? Don't get me wrong. I love my stiff boots, but that's probably because mine are custom and I finally have "something" that fit me (short legs suck big time), but also because when I need something for a cue, I have something to use, lol. Soft buttery boots don't help in that department much. Can't really say they help my position though; getting yelled at by my instructor to remain that vertical balance and get rid of that hollow back are what helped my positions... Oh rode my very first First Level rider's test the other day and got a 75%. So proud of my boy - and myself; yes, I'm bragging

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ArabDiva View Post
    If you're looking for a lighter weight coat, check asmar equestrian's website...they have last year's dressage coats on clearance for $75. I was iffy about buying from a "lesser known" brand but I got mine in the mail 2 days ago and it fits beautifully and is so lightweight and comfortable. Can't wait to show in it.
    I'm not sure if I should thank you or be mad at you!

I had decided to do our little schooling shows in neat "schooling attire" until I can...ahem...fit back into my lovely Grand Prix dressage coat. But, dang! How could I pass up that deal? I'm between sizes right now, so I ordered the larger size. I figure I can always have it taken in. As Crotchety said, it would be easy to sell if it doesn't fit well.

So, yes, ArabDiva...thank you! I've decided I'm not mad at you, after all
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

I feel like I spend way too much on show clothes but I have such a hard time getting things to fit me. I try to buy things throughout the year when they are on sale so that it lightens the blow. I buy show shirts, breeches, and gloves almost ever year. The show shirts always seem to snag after 5-6 shows. The expensive stuff like the jacket, boots, and helmet I buy every couple of seasons because I only use them for shows so they last longer.
    Animo Jacket:600
    Show Shirts:60-90each
    FITS Breeches:200each
    De niro Boots:450(got them on sale )
    Stock Tie:30
    Gloves:20
    Charles Owen Helmet:200(on sale)

I got my Asmar coat today. Wow! What a nice coat! ArabDiva, that was the tip of the year, seriously. I can't wait to show in it.

It'll be a happy day when I can put my old coat in the barn garage sale and be rid of it!!!!!!

Thanks again!

Waiting on mine...can't wait to get it! I'm so excited, and all these "beautiful coat" reports are NOT helping!

I have to report in ... I splurged on a FITS jacket (with the airy panels). It arrived a couple days ago and I just tried it on.

It is GORGEOUS. The sleeves need to be shortened, and I could stand to shed a few more pounds, but it actually fits both my chest AND my hips/butt without bunching, bagging, or gaping.

Also, update on the summer-weight FITS breeches ... if you can go either way, go smaller. I got the sahara in medium and they're ok, but the black in small are perfect ... slimming and sleek without wrinkles or bags.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

I show in the same boots I wear everyday, got them for around $100
    Coat bought off the rack half off, paid $40
    Have two white show shirts, paid about $20 each
    One pair of tan breeches $50, one pair of white $20

Received my Asmar coat, and it is...DIVINE! Really, really nice coat! I ended up getting the blue pinstripe, and it is much prettier than the picture shows. I was afraid, based on the picture, that the pinstripe would be too "loud," but it is very, very subtle and classy. Super deal!