The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_girl221 View Post
    I've been drooling over Checkmate, a young (2009) stallion standing at Dreamscape farm. Can't wait to see how he does in the stallion test this fall! (Although he's in Canada).

http://dreamscapefarm.com/HorseDetail.aspx?ID=565
    I was at Dreamscape a couple of weeks ago and saw this guy. LOVE him. Very typey and refined. Apparently he has a great brain too: Jennifer said he is proving to be highly trainable and has thus far been amazingly willing over fences. I'm definitely considering him as a potential future date for my Trakehner mare for an eventing prospect.

I love Sandro's Heir. I believe he's being presented for AHS this year. I'd love to breed to him some day.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=F6iul...%3DF6iuloHeGIs

Quote Originally Posted by *Tradewind* View Post
    I was at Dreamscape a couple of weeks ago and saw this guy. LOVE him. Very typey and refined. Apparently he has a great brain too: Jennifer said he is proving to be highly trainable and has thus far been amazingly willing over fences. I'm definitely considering him as a potential future date for my Trakehner mare for an eventing prospect.
    I love love love this guy too.. he is also a lovely mover and has a beautiful jump..
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

Quote Originally Posted by *Tradewind* View Post
    This is so good to hear. I have a foal coming by him in July and am so glad to hear about his rideability. I am very leary of Zeus lines after having two very spooky horses from Beach Boy, but love the type and look of them so was willing to take the gamble out of a non spooky mare. I just adore his type, elasticity and way of going on video but have not been able to see him in person yet...When I bred to him before he was started under saddle I felt like I was taking a huge gamble but trusted my mare so decided to go for it. I am even more excited to see this one now.

I have a Checkmate foal due in a few weeks. I bred my prelim level event mare to him in hopes of getting an eventing baby. Can't wait for this baby!