The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for Opinions on Hunter Stallions for my Beste Gold baby

I am thinking of breeding my 5 yr old Beste Gold baby. So far I like Amazing, Capital III, Jupiter, and a few others. I am really looking to improve upon her movement and her presence in the ring. She jumps a 10 in herself and has a fabulous temperment but she is a BIG momma. So in this i want to slim her down and give her a little more WOW factor..

This is her breeding: http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?d=Bestelicious&x=0&y=0

This is a short video clip of her jumping through a grid: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

This is her trotting: https://www.facebook.com/HorizonHill...type=3&theater

This is her sleeping in cross ties:https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.l...type=3&theater
    Elizabeth Lubrano

Have you taken a look at Bliss MF who stands at Marabet Farm. Bliss was the first approved son of Balou Du Rouet to stand in the United States. Maggie is also very knowledgable and is super easy to work with.

There are so many stallions out there and the decision can be very overwhelming sometimes. I live about 45 minutes from Marabet Farm and Maggie was more than delighted to show me her handsome boy. She welcomes visitors and loves showing people her lovely stallions and there offspring. Bliss defiantly stamps his foals very consistently. They all have excellent conformation, phenomenal movement, a sweet personality and they had a presence about them that I can not even describe. From that moment on the decision was a no brainer for me! Bliss has the sweetest personality and is a joy to be around. I watched him stand on the cross ties and fall asleep as mares were walking by as he was getting shod. He also needed no lunging or prep to be ridden. Bliss is very quiet and you can tell that he really loves his job and has a great work ethic. And you want to talk about SCOPE! The results from the 70 day stallion test show what he is really made of.

Bliss MF Overall Reserve Champion of the 2012 NA 70-Day Stallion Testing. Scoring the highest overall score of 127.6, but having the 5% age deduction of 5.29 subtracted still gave Bliss MF a terrific score of 122.31, just shy of the winning score of 126.59 (no age deduction). Bliss MF was definitely the most well rounded stallion, finishing second (by.81) in jumping with a score of 124.23 (winning score was 125.04) and third in Dressage (by .31) with a score of 119.77 (second place was 120.08, first was 135.93 both with no age deduction). Equally as important were Bliss MF's interior scores: 9 for Character, 9 for Temperament, 9.5 for Willingness to Work, 9 for Constitution. His movement scores were 8 for trot, 9 for Gallop and, of course a 10 for Jump.

Incredible athletic ability can only get you so far so for me the biggest difference for me is his mare line. Bliss's dam Ornellla is by the legendary Argentinus. Argentinus is well known for putting great minds on his offspring and Bliss's mother Ornella is extremely level headed and is a total pocket pony! So while Bliss's phenomenal scope will catch your eye its his phenomenal temperament that really wins the day for me.

Hope that helps

Danielle

I truly love Amazing, but if your mare is heavy, you will add wow factor but still may retain heaviness, due to the Voltaire in Amazing. The Amazing foals from TB mares have been really lovely, and with your mares dam being a TB, it could be beautiful. Beste Gold is a big boy himself, so you might get big, and beautiful.

Jupiter would be my first choice. I love, love Jupiter. I believe he would give you both the refinement and the wow factor. He is by Zeus. I have three horses from the Zeus line, and adore them all. They are athletic and gorgeous movers. Jupiter is not getting any younger, which would also sway my decision!

Good Luck, hope you have a wonderful foal, with either choice.
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

I'd take a hard look at Praise (Vallado). He's proven in the ring and has some lovely, refined offspring out there also doing well. He's just now available for breeding at a very attractive price.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Quote Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post
    I'd take a hard look at Praise (Vallado). He's proven in the ring and has some lovely, refined offspring out there also doing well. He's just now available for breeding at a very attractive price.
    Do you know the contact information for Praise?

Quote Originally Posted by winter View Post
    Do you know the contact information for Praise?
    Get in touch with Kinsella (Angela) here on COTH or PM her on facebook.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Shine.