The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I didn't volunteer this year as I had company come in for it so I actually got to see much of the event! Spent more money than I had planned. I bought a pink saddle pad lined in black and with bling. Also bought a pair of SSG gloves, sunglasses, and a couple of those hay box things that Jeffers had. The big purchase though was the 5 Star dressage bridle and the matching brow band with bling. My mare will finally get the tiara she deserves.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    TM - I will gladly assist in zipping you in anytime! I'm sure we'll be at most, if not all, the same events!! Glad you'll be competing again! Someday I will...I'm thinking Cy can tote me around Novice/Training when he's old! LOL
    Yay! Thanks. Want to go to Coconino in July ?
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

TM - Maybe! Depends on how TR goes for Cy and if we're going to try to do Int. at AECs!! Pretty sure we'll end up doing Santa Fe. Will kinda depend on Mike's schedule.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

so i'm just now finishing up watching the XC portion of rolex because I was busy this weekend with my new job....what does it mean if you ride for the FEI? I saw that Ronald was riding for the FEI and not a country and just wondered what this meant. I've never seen this before!

I was sooo excited to finally get an affordable drop noseband - from Stubben with lovely hunter green padding for $9!! Also got a nice hunter fancy stitched browband, noseband, and stnding martingale from them for $9 each. Got a $5 stud kit from Stubben too, with cork magnet unscrewer...great deal!

I also tried on the new Tipperary vest and am definitely saving for one also. I LOVE the new fit and the way it contours onto your body.

Got to stop by the EN tent and have some beers and chat. Was super fun and loved that they hosted that. Got a nice souvenir EN cup!

Scored a white Poly Pad for $30 and a nice leather halter with nameplate.

Did the Three Chimneys Farm tour and watched a breeding, was such a great trip! I love Kentucky!!

Quote Originally Posted by barnworkbeatshousework View Post
    Hey, I know you! I was the photographer, taking pictures of Jimmy during the course walk! I was standing next to you when they were doing the trivia game, asked you what you won, remember?! Small horse world!

Funny!! Someone mentioned that we all likely saw lots of people we would have "known" had we had access to their COTH names!

It was a great course walk, and I am really excited to have the jacket as a momento of my first Rolex/Wofford course walk.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Saw several of the COTHers who were also Area Stewards, LAZ, pegasusmom, FlightCheck, BBowen, mgshook, Flutie, etc. as well as cookiepony who was working in the stabling office again. TotB was there, so I saw her and bought treats for her cute dog. Shared a room with Caitlin Silliman's mom; introduced a couple area V young riders to Caitlin and to Phillip so they could get signatures for a hat they were auctioning. Didn't see bizbachfan that I remember. Did see a couple of horsey/facebook friends that I haven't seen in a few years (and one longer than that)

Bought Caitlin new show shirts for her birthday, dog treats for several of my doggie buds, Dark Horse Chocolates for the DH, and a dressage saddle for myself (oops!). Had an absolute blast.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Quote Originally Posted by SolarFlare View Post
    Apparently I also met TarheelJD! I was the one in the Canada sweatshirt and the camera that kept running into you everywhere we went! We did the Eric Dierks/Ralph Hill course walk together. And Keeneland.
    I think we were following each other!! So glad to hear you like the Moxie bamboo saddle pad. I have not had a chance to try it yet, and I won't until the weekend of the 11th, as I am leaving town again tomorrow for a long weekend at home in New Orleans for Jazz Fest.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

I know I met olympicdreams04-- wonderful tour, thank you!!! I'm the one who commented on the judicious use of ibuprofen and we talked about surpass for our own horse related injuries.

I think I met you too Tarheel--- I'm the one at Keeneland who was moving to GA this summer.

I was actually authorized to purchase Dubarrys this year, and.... they just don't fit me right. So, I got a bag instead, with the fox mask like this: http://tuckertweed.com/Designs_by_Tucker_Tweed.php

This was our 4th time as fence judges-- we had Fence 26, and I think someone from COTH was taking pictures of my son ensconced in his raingear, playing his DS.

I did have a few skin/hair samples from various horses I wanted to clone, but alas, blew my savings on bourbon from Woodford Reserve.

We're looking forward to next year!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TimelyImpulse View Post
    I know I met olympicdreams04-- wonderful tour, thank you!!! I'm the one who commented on the judicious use of ibuprofen and we talked about surpass for our own horse related injuries.

I think I met you too Tarheel--- I'm the one at Keeneland who was moving to GA this summer.

I was actually authorized to purchase Dubarrys this year, and.... they just don't fit me right. So, I got a bag instead, with the fox mask like this: http://tuckertweed.com/Designs_by_Tucker_Tweed.php

This was our 4th time as fence judges-- we had Fence 26, and I think someone from COTH was taking pictures of my son ensconced in his raingear, playing his DS.

I did have a few skin/hair samples from various horses I wanted to clone, but alas, blew my savings on bourbon from Woodford Reserve.

We're looking forward to next year!
    Hey TimelyImpulse -- love the bags! Great choice. Send me a PM when you get to Georgia, and we can catch up in Atlanta.

It was my first time going and I am already having withdrawal!! Gosh, what an amazing experience.

For me, all the shopping, other events, and the horse park itself was equally as exciting as the competition. We shopped all four days, explored the museums and other barns at the horse park, and I really enjoyed all the other demonstrations they had! It made for a really enriching experience.

I was proud of how much I restrained myself on the shopping front... I bought a Rolex hoodie, KHP t-shirt, dressage pad, a new fly bonnet, and some salt rocks. I did have to wipe the drool off my face a few times from all the saddle tents! I've never seen so many beautiful saddles in one place at one time!

Overall I am SO excited for next year!! So happy to have finally gotten to experience this amazing event I've been watching on TV religiously all these years!

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Bought a spiffy new Kan-teq vest which I'm thrilled about, though it will be an adjustment after existing in a Tipp for so long.
    Who is selling Kan-teq vests here in the US? Or did the company set up shop? Would like to try one on -- wonder if they'll be at Jersey Fresh...

I think it's been said for many years we all need CoTHers t shirts or something!! Might have to look I to that next year.

That being said our crew didn't go this year. How was the shopping? We went last in 2012 and were so bummed at the trade fair compared to years past, very disappointing. I'm hoping this year was better and that was just a fluke?
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Shopping was pretty contained at the Rolex Store - dang I wish I'd seen a fleece but I ended up w/ a baseball hat, and wind/rain pullover..and that was it for my shopping binge. Everyone was so friendly - chatted w/ some of Sharon White's fan club and met Marilyn Little and KOC. Am debating whether I should book my hotel now. I didn't get the memo that the better reining night was Saturday

Default Charles Owen 4 star helmet

My first time at Rolex I got fitted and bought a new helmet. finally saying "good bye" to my old skull (which I loved)

FYI, if someone designs the tshirts, they can put them up on tfund.com. You set a price- you can make it a fundraiser or not and a minimum number needed to print, then anyone who would like one goes and selects their size, pays for their tshirt and it gets shipped to them. Easy and cheap and no need for organization of sizes and collection of money.

Got to go this year in an "official" capacity as one of the FEI Stewards - really great experience! Supervised jump schools with Andrew Nicholson, Fox-Pitt and Mark Todd to name a few and served as an area steward again this year on XC day. I was in and around the double brushes, which rode well for most.

Bought Tredstep pleated men's breeches for Mr. PM and new belts with nameplates for my two favorite eventers.

Always a ton of fun, as I have great folks to work with - see scubed's post above, but it was a long week and flying the friendly skies just isn't any fun anymore. Attempting to regenerate myself today without much success.

This was my first Rolex "broken" (fibula) and I cannot say enough about the volunteers that manned the Disabled Shuttles. They were awesome. They even did two 'course walks' (I would have not seen the course any other way), which was absolutely wonderful.
    I think I only got stuck once without being able to find one for a while. All cheerful and helpful, it made not being able to walk actually doable. And I have to say the parking was definitely a perk of a broken leg.

Thank you volunteers!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

3 members found this post helpful.

I ended up getting an entire wardrobe within 4 hours to be a mounted steward on Saturday.

I got a Pikeur dressage jacket, ariat show shirt, fits stock tie, and Ariat Volant boots. I also ended up getting a mattes half pad in white and ordered a custom mattes pad (this will make my third... I have a problem.) I am broke as all get out but I had a lot of fun!

I didn't actually meet anyone (I don't know too many COTHers), but hopefully next year I will.
    But here is Rain and I from our outrider escapades. She took a while to settle in and while I was working with her in the field I'm sure we looked ridiculous. But she settled down and we figured everything out. By the time we ended up being stationed at jump 10, (we started at jump 15, the sheep shelter) she was fantastic.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...04016040_n.jpg

So happy to see Acme and catch up on Cotton....walked about w/ Retread on XC a bit and meet some FB friends....probably saw other COTHers but was dazzled by shiny ponies....My shopping was insanely embarrassing and over the top....Mr. JBRP did his Corvette plant tour and Museum tour and then he went with Brian Rutledge for Alltech Brew tour.....I also seem to have bought a horse as well on the drive home.

5 members found this post helpful.