The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

It finally hit my FB page. Some girl thought she was buying a 2 y/o colt and got an 11 y/o gelding. Big difference, I say.

I wasn't sure who they are and Binged them. The whole thing sounds shady to me.

On my FB page, some group, not sure if it was AC4H or not, was complaining they had to pay the KB more for the horse after the sale. I said to plain outbid the guy. That didn't go down well at all.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

3 members found this post helpful.

The FBI isn't interested in health certificates, they are interested in fraud, tax evasion, money laundering and federal offenses. This is not an audit and Christy is fulla if she thinks waving it away with a laugh about health certs is going to turn off this spotlight. The paperwork is there for anyone to look at, go Google their 1099s...even a newcomer to tax paperwork should be able to see some inconsistencies. There are a couple people on Facebook defending their experience with AC4H but the greater majority even there are recognizing that this isn't a small dispute because of a couple of dissatisfied customers but rather a serious violation of something federal. The FBI doesn't mess about and raid an operation with just a few complaints or questions...

31 members found this post helpful.

**Not verified, from facebook**

"The news is showing that FBI Agents seized computers, cell phones, financial records, veterinary records and boxes of other items and documents related to the nonprofit operation and its sale and purchase of horses, according to an inventory list compiled by the agents. And Federal investigators are looking for evidence of crimes, including conspiracy and wire fraud, according to the search warrant, which was issued by U.S. District Court Judge Henry Perkin in Allentown on Monday. Some of us may be contacted by the FBI to tell our stories . . . wouldn't that be interesting! "
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumsie View Post
    The FBI isn't interested in health certificates, they are interested in fraud, tax evasion, money laundering and federal offenses. This is not an audit and Christy is fulla if she thinks waving it away with a laugh about health certs is going to turn off this spotlight. The paperwork is there for anyone to look at, go Google their 1099s...even a newcomer to tax paperwork should be able to see some inconsistencies. There are a couple people on Facebook defending their experience with AC4H but the greater majority even there are recognizing that this isn't a small dispute because of a couple of dissatisfied customers but rather a serious violation of something federal. The FBI doesn't mess about and raid an operation with just a few complaints or questions...
    This is correct to my knowledge having exported a number of horses over the years. The Feds will come knocking over falsified Coggins, Health Certs if checked. But not the FBI it will be an agent with the Department of Agriculture in uniform and handcuffs. Coggins are pretty easily to check by having someone with access to run the recorded numbers on the certificates. If real it will give the breeding, the horses markings and now with a picture. Who and when recorded it.

2 members found this post helpful.

Cheers to see shiedy and hopefully Moore be held accountable, sadness for the horses.
    Personally a very bad experience but bad in fraud, Money laundering kind of bad .
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

The original article was updated to add the following:

"Federal investigators are looking for evidence of crimes, including conspiracy and wire fraud, according to the search warrant, which was issued by U.S. District Court Judge Henry Perkin in Allentown on Monday."

Link to this article containing the above excerpt is in first post of this thread.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

1 members found this post helpful.

Please be sure to scroll to the bottom of the "story page" to read the viewer comments.
    "Don't make me go all chestnut mare on you"!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    I wonder how Forever Morgans is taking the news...since they've been using their tax ID number and all.
    Several 'rescues' tried to do this. And of course the list of rescues who were shams [D Murphys] or played fast and loose with rules [Arabian Rescue Mission] also allied with Christy and AC4H is a full one as well. Birds of a feather and all...

If this is about sales, money and taxes, wouldn't they also be getting documentation from those she insists she pays all the money she takes in to? Like B Moore, Dr H, et al?
    Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

i got my 6 yr old from them in January.( i had never heard of them before then and had not heard the rumors) I felt i paid a decent price for him at $650. i love the horse and i am glad i have him. That said, i really don't know how the business is run. i had a difficult time getting any sort of confirmations when i did purchase him.

Quote Originally Posted by gumtree View Post
    I am with LauraKY.
    I was told by very reliable sources this was coming several weeks ago.
    http://gumtreestables.com/storyofdoublesrescue.html
    Totally aside from the topic of AC4H, this statement isn't very reassuring. Since when can the FBI not carry out a raid without prior leaks?
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Forever Morgans now operates under their own 501 c3. It took some time for their application to be approved.

My new Morgan Mare came from Forever Morgans and I think they are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwarte View Post
    Forever Morgans now operates under their own 501 c3. It took some time for their application to be approved.

Well I'm happy for you. Others had a different experience.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...-PG-HOME-FOUND!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

7 members found this post helpful.

word needs to get out to those who were in the midst of a transaction through AC4H that they should contact Brian [his number is listed] to complete the sale if they wish to.

I am sure he would work with the public now that his 'sales dept' is in hot water, cause he surely does not want to sit on all those horses until Monday. Perhaps some will show up tomorrow at Camelot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwarte View Post

Regardless of them finally getting their own 501c3, they operated for too long 'under' AC4Hs, which was not legal or legitimate.
    That they are finally doing things the right way, doesn't excuse that they did things the wrong way at first.

Their association with AC4H and their willingness to lie about being under AC4Hs 'umbrella' [who are they, Rihanna?] makes them suspect. Particularly since no mea culpa was ever forthcoming.

ETA it takes ALL rescues 'some time' to get their 501c3. Paperwork takes time. Buck up and do the paperwork BEFORE you are shoulders deep in the job you want to do under that 501 status... don't start up, lie that you are covered under someone else's status, and THEN do the paperwork.
    And FYI while your paperwork is being processed you can take donations, and those will become deductible retroactive to the time of your application once it's approved... so they could even have done that instead of lied about some pretend 'umbrella' bologna.
    That they instead pretended and lied says alot about their ethics to me.
    Last edited by Angela Freda; May. 1, 2013 at 08:45 AM.

13 members found this post helpful.

Default Had to log in to say " bravo" to this ```` very sharp !

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    Christy and her alters are busy changing their underwear and talking to lawyers.
    had to 'log in' to say great comment !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

6 members found this post helpful.

Al Capone went down for tax evasion because that's all that they could convict him on. Now Kelsey LeFever goes free because no one cares about wht she did to the horses or fraud to the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan P View Post
    Al Capone went down for tax evasion because that's all that they could convict him on. Now Kelsey LeFever goes free because no one cares about wht she did to the horses or fraud to the owners.
    The guys who killed the show horses for insurance money and killed the Brach heiress... mail fraud is what got them, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    word needs to get out to those who were in the midst of a transaction through AC4H that they should contact Brian [his number is listed] to complete the sale if they wish to.

I am sure he would work with the public now that his 'sales dept' is in hot water, cause he surely does not want to sit on all those horses until Monday. Perhaps some will show up tomorrow at Camelot?
    Whoever is running their Facebook page is still soliciting donations.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    The guys who killed the show horses for insurance money and killed the Brach heiress... mail fraud is what got them, wasn't it?
    I think they went down for the fraud on the horse claims (which might well have involved mail fraud, and also a multi-state crime would involve the feds.) They can't really charge anyone with Helen Brach's disappearance because they never found a body or any sort of proof she was murdered so they kind of have to take what they could get on *him*.

As much as I did not like the way Christie went about "business" and I was very critical of her and some of her ASB friends ...they did save a lot of Saddlebreds.

There was always some type of help help help give us money for the horse or its transportation etc. Of course SHE made money along with her buddy Brian..but now she is out of it..I expect many of the horses will go directly to slaughter rather than land on Boardwalk.

On one hand I am happy she is out of the biz but she was "saving" hundreds of ASB and I expect many other breeds as well.

Easy for all of us to critize especially when we are not going to do anything or are not in a position to do anything.

There were many supporters on the 4H thread last time it was bumped...and a lot of detractors...Well..I guess the detractors got their wish..at the expense of saved horses.

I have no suggestions..this is just my thoughts on it.

7 members found this post helpful.