The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 496
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2000
    Location
    Greenville, MI,
    Posts
    11,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    What on earth is your problem!

    Please don't answer that, it wasn't a question.
    What on earth is YOURS? that you refused to see past your own nose.
    ~Sheesh~
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,698

    Default

    Another thread derailed. Good job Bluey.

    By the way, the daily caller is not on any list of reputable news sources...talk about slanted propaganda....

    I do know that the feds may be taking a look at Forever Morgans and their association with AC4H.
    Last edited by LauraKY; May. 19, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    11 members found this post helpful.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    What on earth is YOURS? that you refused to see past your own nose.
    ~Sheesh~
    My problem is that HSUS has absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread. NOTHING!

    The place to poke is the old HSUS thread. Dig it up, it's getting dusty anyways.

    But then again, certain individuals just love to derail anything, because apparently they have no life beyond spewing their agenda anywhere they can.

    Back to the REAL topic at hand.......

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"


    13 members found this post helpful.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Another thread derailed. Good job Bluey.

    By the way, the daily caller is not on any list of reputable news sources...talk about slanted propaganda....

    I do know that the feds may be taking a look at Forever Morgans and their association with AC4H.
    And hopefully Voice For Horses.

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    My problem is that HSUS has absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread. NOTHING!

    The place to poke is the old HSUS thread. Dig it up, it's getting dusty anyways.

    But then again, certain individuals just love to derail anything, because apparently they have no life beyond spewing their agenda anywhere they can.

    Back to the REAL topic at hand.......
    Of course it does, you are just, as always, defending the HSUS every chance you get, which on a horse forum seems a bit strange, as they intend to eliminate all uses of animals by humans, that includes horses also.

    Never mind, that fits here because the IRS is on the move and will, hopefully, be investigating more and more non-profits and catch those that are not doing what the laws and regulations for non-profits demand they do.

    I say, about time to clean house there.
    For those that wondered why some non-profits seemed to be getting a break, not being investigated even when many complaints were lodged about them, maybe we know now why?

    This one non-profit rescue here is just one of many such and should not be considered any more above laws as any other out there.

    You do wrong, you get caught, you really have to pay, at least now some will.

    The good non-profits should not have to keep apologizing for those that are crossing the lines into questionable practices.
    The regulators should do their jobs and regulate better.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Another thread derailed. Good job Bluey.

    By the way, the daily caller is not on any list of reputable news sources...talk about slanted propaganda....

    I do know that the feds may be taking a look at Forever Morgans and their association with AC4H.
    Don't be so hypersensitive to any to do with the HSUS, they are really not the kind of organization you seem to think they are, the way you keep defending them.

    Of course my comments were on topic here, this being about non-profit shenanigans and how they may be getting by with such.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,698

    Default

    The IRS is not investigating AC4H, it's the FBI. You have your feds mixed up. Why don't you start a new thread Bluey, if you want to talk about IRS scandals.

    Talk about a dog with a bone...back on ignore, and I suggest everyone else do the same.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    14 members found this post helpful.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Nov. 15, 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post

    I do know that the feds may be taking a look at Forever Morgans and their association with AC4H.
    That would be an interesting development. The whole 'umbrella' schpiel re: the IRS status of FM probably isn't looking so smart now, if that's true.
    Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

    http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/


    3 members found this post helpful.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2004
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    And hopefully Voice For Horses.
    Remind me again what your issue is with them? I'm not being sarcastic. I have adopted 4 horses from her and NEVER had a problem. The Arab I ride every day was the best $500 I've ever spent....conditions weren't the way I would keep horses, but probably half of the horses I see kept anywhere are not the way I would keep them.

    Just curious.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    Remind me again what your issue is with them? I'm not being sarcastic. I have adopted 4 horses from her and NEVER had a problem. The Arab I ride every day was the best $500 I've ever spent....conditions weren't the way I would keep horses, but probably half of the horses I see kept anywhere are not the way I would keep them.

    Just curious.

    One of her mode of operations was to get AC4H horses funded to be bought and then transported to her and then she dumped them on the local humane society.

    And IIRC there have also been other issues.

    I am glad you got some good horses from Diana. She did start out with the right intentions as I recall, but then things apparently changed.

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"


    2 members found this post helpful.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Luvy and Laura just post a lot. You rescued a living horse..whoops FOUR horses..I am not for Christie and her group however as they are investigated by FBI the IRS wiull be forced to audit them AND if they do that..HSUS will have to be audited. They are already looking at other rescues.

    Bluey has NOT made derailing comments but this is a tactic by Luvy, Laura and their little group will go on the attack making name calling the new norm and it will close the thread.

    I don't care that these women defend HSUS..but when the house of cards collapses they will be the first to boo hoo hoo..or maybe not..guess it depends on their employment..maybe it will be with one of these groups.

    As much as I have not liked the rescue PRICE from "the featured group" they have served a function AND they have given the opportunity for Saddlebreds (my breed) and others to move from the pen to the pasture.

    That is more than the little group on here that attack Bluey every opportunity they get.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    One of her mode of operations was to get AC4H horses funded to be bought and then transported to her and then she dumped them on the local humane society.

    And IIRC there have also been other issues.

    I am glad you got some good horses from Diana. She did start out with the right intentions as I recall, but then things apparently changed.
    Provide us with verifiable proof rather than your hearsay becoming one of your personal facts


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    That would be an interesting development. The whole 'umbrella' schpiel re: the IRS status of FM probably isn't looking so smart now, if that's true.
    Guess it is not so strange..that you never suggest HSUS be investigated.....you and your little group of supporters take every opportunity to make everyone else as the boogey man while you continue to support your star ship

    At least you are all consistent.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Luvy and Laura just post a lot. You rescued a living horse..whoops FOUR horses..I am not for Christie and her group however as they are investigated by FBI the IRS wiull be forced to audit them AND if they do that..HSUS will have to be audited. They are already looking at other rescues.

    Bluey has NOT made derailing comments but this is a tactic by Luvy, Laura and their little group will go on the attack making name calling the new norm and it will close the thread.

    I don't care that these women defend HSUS..but when the house of cards collapses they will be the first to boo hoo hoo..or maybe not..guess it depends on their employment..maybe it will be with one of these groups.

    As much as I have not liked the rescue PRICE from "the featured group" they have served a function AND they have given the opportunity for Saddlebreds (my breed) and others to move from the pen to the pasture.

    That is more than the little group on here that attack Bluey every opportunity they get.
    In case you missed this, here is the reason they went on the attack, again:

    http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/ir...umane-society/

    Standard, when the truth comes out and you can't defend against it, shooting the messenger is always good to change the topic.

    In a way, I brought that on by for long time ignoring such attacks and so it became the standard.
    If I had objected right off, maybe that would not still be going on.
    I decided, since ignoring was not helping, to respond when that happens, as here, as many times as it takes.

    Yes, this is on topic, we are talking about this one rescue and others that also are a bit loose with the way they follow regulations as non-profits.
    That article is pointing at how that may have been happening that certain groups were getting a pass.

    Really, we should ask all are accountable and no one should feel singled out by that.
    You sign on as a non-profit, you have to follow the rules.
    Want to play the books your way, don't sign for those rules, don't become a non-profit.
    Seems that plenty such groups are making a nice income without non-profit status and can do as they wish then, as long as they are up front with it.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...gid=1576154129

    The above discussion on ABR tells the story about VFH sending horses to the local Humane Society. Note that Christy is chiming in on that thread as well.
    Interesting read, BTW.
    As a snippet, a question that was posted to Christy on that thread:


    Christy...
    Again....did the people that responded financially to the fundraising know that there was a possibility that the horse(s) could end up at the HS and face possibly euthanasia?

    Also...in one post you stated that "they had a network and obtained grants to assist these facilities in taking horses"....repectfully I ask why the first post was for a plea to assist HS in caring for horses...29 of them..that came from a "rescue"? Did I read it wrong?

    That there was monies or grants secured for the facilities that took the horses?
    If that is the case....why is HS asking for help?

    What is so responsible and ethical about dumping horses at HS? Ethical only if the people that paid bail for these horses (the ones that were congratulating VFH in doing such a great job in taking in these horses and finding them homes) knew ahead of time that there was a chance these horses would be sent to HS and possibly destroyed...or euth'd.

    Whatever term you want to use....so I guess you feel confident to use "ethical"because people had FULL understanding that even a healthy viable horse, that may not be adoptable faces shipping off to HS and possible euthanasia?
    Last edited by luvmytbs; May. 19, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"


    4 members found this post helpful.

  16. #376
    Join Date
    Feb. 28, 2006
    Location
    The rocky part of KY
    Posts
    9,473

    Default

    Delphi is login read only.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible



  17. #377
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    Delphi is login read only.
    I don't know if you can log in as guest?

    Please understand that I am not going to copy 209 posts, LOL.

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"



  18. #378
    Join Date
    Feb. 28, 2006
    Location
    The rocky part of KY
    Posts
    9,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    I don't know if you can log in as guest?

    Please understand that I am not going to copy 209 posts, LOL.
    I understand but it just adds to Fairfax saying "you have no proof!!1!"
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible



  19. #379
    Join Date
    Mar. 23, 2006
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    You can go to the ABR forum as a guest but you may have to search for it on google and then link in that way. It can be hard to search for older threads on there. Just did that and it works.

    http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...gid=2024156023



  20. #380
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...gid=1576154129

    The above discussion on ABR tells the story about VFH sending horses to the local Humane Society. Note that Christy is chiming in on that thread as well.
    Interesting read, BTW.
    As a snippet, a question that was posted to Christy on that thread:


    Christy...
    Again....did the people that responded financially to the fundraising know that there was a possibility that the horse(s) could end up at the HS and face possibly euthanasia?

    Also...in one post you stated that "they had a network and obtained grants to assist these facilities in taking horses"....repectfully I ask why the first post was for a plea to assist HS in caring for horses...29 of them..that came from a "rescue"? Did I read it wrong?

    That there was monies or grants secured for the facilities that took the horses?
    If that is the case....why is HS asking for help?

    What is so responsible and ethical about dumping horses at HS? Ethical only if the people that paid bail for these horses (the ones that were congratulating VFH in doing such a great job in taking in these horses and finding them homes) knew ahead of time that there was a chance these horses would be sent to HS and possibly destroyed...or euth'd.

    Whatever term you want to use....so I guess you feel confident to use "ethical"because people had FULL understanding that even a healthy viable horse, that may not be adoptable faces shipping off to HS and possible euthanasia?
    Those are just questions..no answers. That would be like saying to the President..you are not truly black..why do you pretend to be African american instead of brown Indonesian heritage..and then saying that was proof that he was not born in the U.S. so shouldn't be president.

    Questions are not proof..I would think that you would alread have researched that info before you posted anything..but then..that is what you accuse others of doing..


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. AC4H at it again
    By LauraKY in forum Off Course
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul. 18, 2011, 10:02 PM
  2. ac4h
    By 2boys in forum Off Course
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Apr. 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
  3. Horses Raided Feed Room
    By candyappy in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar. 17, 2011, 03:20 PM
  4. 8-9 yr 16+hh TB on AC4H. well put together!
    By farmgirl88 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Dec. 31, 2009, 02:16 PM
  5. Feds consider euthanizing wild horses in West
    By xabbracadabra in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jul. 16, 2008, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •