The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Selina Kim Sheidy
    3 hours ago
    This is the time we see our true friends, true supporters there is no in between its one way or another. Right now some people switched sides but i have faith that when this pulls through everyone see's the truth and how we really are doing nothing wrong. No one can hide in darkness when the light comes. *AC4H Supporter, volunteer*~ Hang in there supporters. We will pull through , it's not just us going going through this it's all of our supporters you guys are family.! So are the horses, and it's a real shame how people can try to destroy something great! . We did nothing wrong.
    Written like a true scammer (with some groupthink going on too among the true believers). Anyone who finds fault is trying to "destroy" them.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by red mares View Post
    As was pointed out in the Nokota thread, Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information. How long Amish kids go to school depends on their local church and varies from one group to the othter. I know some kids that have to go until 15, others that have to finish high school.
    The reason I used that source was other souces that also confirmed the information did not have a label to them...just the persons name. An education is a threat to an economy. It creates dissention and accentuates differences which is against modesty (but then there is also the dark side or under belly where money is god for many of them..hence many businesses..i.e. puppy farms etc....My neighbor is a teacher at the Hutterite colony and she is frustrated when she has a very smart young girl or boy in her class. The girls go to grade 6 and the boys to age 15. Some do enroll in computer courses as they must access repair manuals for million dollar machinery the Huts own. They visit me so they can watch my TV

3 members found this post helpful.

Selina sounds exactly like clients I have seen in the legal world who flat out refuse to admit liability even when they are caught red handed. It is a particular kind of arrogance - they honestly do not BELIEVE they did anything wrong, no matter what the law says. The law is stupid, in their minds, and they are right and innocent and good.

It's almost like a psychosis...they REALLY believe it. I have encountered this on numerous occasions.

At any rate, I am of course thrilled they are finally getting what has been coming to them for so long. I hope their donors will wise up and start donating to reputable rescues that don't use scare tactics or emotional blackmail, rescues that can show you follow up pictures and reports on their adopted horses, rescues that are still going to feed and vet and trim their horses whether or not you donate but APPRECIATE your donations so that they can do more.

15 members found this post helpful.

Something been bugging me here as I read the posts. Where do you get the idea AC4H feeds these horses? They are brought to them on monday they ride take pictures of them they post on utube then ship them out according them to the owner of the horses. Brian Moore was one person, and A Austin In Virginia. They ship them out they stay in feed lots till some one bails them out on Sunday they ship back to AC4H so people can pick them up at certain hours like 1 to 4 pm only. I dont ever remember AC4H ever feeding one horse ever. They longer they waited to be adopted or what term you like to use the thiner, they got. 3 out of 3 had lost weight and all had strangles in different stages of it. Why on earth would they have a feed bill? If you got a horse form them you wanted it out fast as you could and had things set up for a sick horse with long feet to show up. I am very sorry did not take pictures of one of mine when she showed up. The man that picked her up looked at me and asked me why I wanted her she was covered in manure over 1/2 of a inch thick on her belly and legs. Her right foot was a solid 8 inches long with shoes on. She was off on that right foot. She was on second wave of strangles from what we could see. Fast forward to today, she is wonderful. Healthy loves children and I adore her enough to try to free up 4 others. But her costs were low, how much does it cost to upload to utube? Pay pal must have fees that she had to pay and Pay pal stuck to them like glue. One issue want the FBI to address with Pay pal allowing them to do this. I went back and forth on this , I wanted to see the horses move in the utube's to me that was a big plus. If I seen my sweet mare in person doubt would of gone and bought her. But I am so glad I did. I learned so much about getting very sick horses well again. My vet refused to go near any of them till they were due for blood tests to see if they could leave a QT barn. I am not as terrified of strangles as I was in the past. Feel some one else can pick up the slack for this group. Honest I am not sure what their over head was.

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    I am a fan of Frog Pond Draft Horse Rescue, and they are very transparent. They also get criticized for not bailing every draft horse that shows up at an auction aka not taking on more horses than they can properly care for and especially for euthanizing horses. In other words, being responsible and doing the right versus the popular thing.
    Oh absolutely. Everybody thinks you have no right to say no to a horse because you're a rescue, but the best rescues have a strict limit of how many they can actually afford, and stick to it pretty closely.

I also see criticisms of taking in healthy horses instead of sick, skinny ones. Well, if the healthy horse was free on Craigslist or at the auction selling for under $200, it was actually in MORE danger of going to slaughter than the emaciated horse. Sure, they all need help, but a.c. may be able to seize the emaciated horse, whereas no one can seize a healthy horse being sold carelessly. I like doing the "fixers" too but the fact is, you frequently get stuck forever with the "fixers." We have a 27 year old Quarab right now that was emaciated that we fixed and now he is a frisky, super sound 27 year old Quarab. Good luck placing that! I love that I saved him but you can only have so many permanent retirees.

The good rescues have tough decisions to make every day, and often must make unpopular ones.

13 members found this post helpful.

Default re items bought with donations

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Oh yes, good ol' SWAP.
    Yes CBER did dhtat as well, used donations of goods and funds to improve the property at which they required QT, at quite the rate too, that was owned by the Org. Presidents step-father.
    I think we've all wondered where those items went when CBER disbanded.

ETA it is my understanding that any items bought with donated funds or donated to a 501c3 are to be turned over to another 501c3 should the original one go 'out of business'. ??
    Yes, you are right if a non profit closes most states require assets to be distributed to other non profits. Its usually the federal and state law that they include their plan in case of dissolution in their by laws and articles of incorporation too.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but found it on Facebook:

ATTENTION VICTIMS OF AC4H: MESSAGE FROM THE FBI OFFICE SPECIAL AGENT CHARLENE TRUX. IF YOU HAVE EVER RECEIVED A SICK, MISREPRESENTED, DEBILITATED OR INCORRECT, OR IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A ANIMAL AND DID NOT RECEIVE THAT ANIMAL (EXAMPLE, YOU SENT IN YOUR MONEY AND THE HORSE BECAME UNAVAILABE OR WAS DIRECT BAILED BY SOMEONE ELSE, IF HORSE/ANIMAL WAS SWAPPED FOR ANOTHER ANIMAL WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR YOU SENT IN THE TRANSPORT AND THE ANIMAL WAS NOT THERE. THERE ARE MANY EXAMPLES THAT COULD BE LISTED) FROM AC4H, CONTACT SPECIAL AGENT CHARLENE TRUX AT 610-433-6488. IF SPECIAL AGENT CHARLENE TRUX IS NOT AVAILABLE THE SWITCH BOARD OPERATOR WILL TAKE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER AND SHE WILL CALL YOU BACK.
    Ruh Roh!

Looks like regular old fraud (as well as possible tax fraud) is on the FBI radar..

4 members found this post helpful.

I'm hoping this isn't another FB hoax but tomorrow I'm going to call and find out. Sleep tight, Shady.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I'm hoping this isn't another FB hoax but tomorrow I'm going to call and find out. Sleep tight, Shady.
    The FBI request? Someone upthread already checked, that's the correct field office number. And that does sound like they're going for fraud/mail fraud charges.

Though I hope whoever said that the FBI went in with guns out and had one to someone's head is seriously exaggerating or repeating an exaggeration, because that's not at all acceptable behavior on the feds' part...

Do the Sheidys have an attorney? Hasn't SOMEONE told them to just shut up and not discuss the case in public?

She doesn't know how
    She is a spinner.
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

my take, fwiw, is that i don't think they are smart enough to realize that what they were allegedly doing, was illegal.

to me those financials scream LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    The FBI request? Someone upthread already checked, that's the correct field office number. And that does sound like they're going for fraud/mail fraud charges.

Though I hope whoever said that the FBI went in with guns out and had one to someone's head is seriously exaggerating or repeating an exaggeration, because that's not at all acceptable behavior on the feds' part...
    Watch the news video at the beginning of the thread. The news channel interviewed Christy Sheidy and it was she who said the FBI had a gun pointed at her daughter's head and they shoved her to the ground.

The video clip shows agents removing items from the house and they are packing sidearms. Not at all unusual....when you are moving into a property with a warrant, the occupants aren't always cooperative.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-region...z/-/index.html

Anyone else out there who thinks the FBI is reading this thread?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LookmaNohands View Post
    Anyone else out there who thinks the FBI is reading this thread?

If they are, shouldn't we provide them with a link to the SWAP Thread?

9 members found this post helpful.

Knowing how explosive that family can get with foul language and - yes – their swinging hands, I can easily picture why the FBI would throw Christy to the floor and have to restrain the daughter. Oh yes, this is not a meek and mild family we’re talking about, they enjoy screaming and swearing and a good fight. That or the FBI had good reason to not trust those people and felt the floor was the best place for the mother. Just sayin'.
    The horse I bet on was so slow, the jockey kept a diary of the trip.
    Henny Youngman

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    my take, fwiw, is that i don't think they are smart enough to realize that what they were allegedly doing, was illegal.

to me those financials scream LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't agree; they are perfectly aware of what they are doing; they just figured they would never get caught.
    The horse I bet on was so slow, the jockey kept a diary of the trip.
    Henny Youngman

6 members found this post helpful.

Bumping for the "fed's"....

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aria View Post
    Knowing how explosive that family can get with foul language and - yes – their swinging hands, I can easily picture why the FBI would throw Christy to the floor and have to restrain the daughter. Oh yes, this is not a meek and mild family we’re talking about, they enjoy screaming and swearing and a good fight. That or the FBI had good reason to not trust those people and felt the floor was the best place for the mother. Just sayin'.
    I have heard similar descriptions of these people from others... luckily when I've been in the same facility with them I was able to avoid them and interacting with them.

IF the agents did what she says they did, I agree, there was a good reason to do so.
    Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aria View Post
    I don't agree; they are perfectly aware of what they are doing; they just figured they would never get caught.
    narcissistic, smarter than everyone... I agree, they have to know what they were/are doing is wrong as they've been told [and attacked those who questioned their actions]... they just think that they were above the law or smarter than the law. Apparently they still think that, per the daughters posts on F'book.

And seriously, who doesn't feel bad for those agents who have to go through all their accounts and their posts and look at the never ending pouty faced, puckered lip selfies those people post? Hubby this morning said, 'if they were posting those, were they also posting nudies to their boyfriends, cause you know kids these days have no clue what's unacceptable' Gah!
    Regardless, someone's gonna' need some brain bleach for sure.

And yes, the FBI notice is real, I know, IRL, others who have called and talked to the agent. IMO, one should not assume that an interaction you've had with the organization is not applicable... call the FBI and tell them the story of your interaction with this group, and let the Feds decide whether it's important/applicable
    Last edited by Angela Freda; May. 3, 2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: more info.
    Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

7 members found this post helpful.