The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Any live streaming of the competition this weekend? I loved watching Rolex last weekend.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Any live streaming of the competition this weekend? I loved watching Rolex last weekend.
    Yes! See this thread:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...lable-anywhere

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks!!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

First, 5th, & 6th after dressage with hardly more than a rail separating the three. It's going to be an exciting day of cross country tomorrow!

WEG/Rolex/Olympics

the 2010 WEg course was significantly more difficult than the Rolex course that same year! The WEG track is always a Championship 4*, olympics not so much as it has to accomodate so many Nations. the 4*'s only take 85 riders, riders are admitted according to rank @ Badminton/Burghley which is why there is a waitlist. The main differnce between Rolex and Badminton is footing...kentucky is groomed, Badminton very undulating and more rugged. otherwise courses are equivalent. crowd plays a huge factor @ Badminton, gallop lanes alot narrower and 10x as many people at every jump as well as lining the gallop lanes.

So it's Michael Jung in 1st on 36, Jock Paget in 2nd on 37.9(?), William Fox Pitt in 3rd on 40.0, & Andrew Nicholson on 40.2.

I got to listen to some of the last couple hours of Radio Badminton, but didn't catch all of it. Does anyone know where Michael Jung and W Fox Pitt picked up a 20 on their 1st horses? And I know Parklane Hawk was 1 second under optimum & La Bioestherique Sam was further from optimum (faster)- does anyone know how far under optimum he was? Fox-Pitt has the most amazing clock in his head- he was bang on optimum time with Sea Cookie last week at Rolex. Wow!

Very excited to see several Badminton first-timers so high up on the leader board: Tiana Coudray, Sandra Auffarth, Jock Paget, & Michael Jung. The last first timer to win here was Mark Todd in 1980!

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    So it's Michael Jung in 1st on 36, Jock Paget in 2nd on 37.9(?), William Fox Pitt in 3rd on 40.0, & Andrew Nicholson on 40.2.

I got to listen to some of the last couple hours of Radio Badminton, but didn't catch all of it. Does anyone know where Michael Jung and W Fox Pitt picked up a 20 on their 1st horses? And I know Parklane Hawk was 1 second under optimum & La Bioestherique Sam was further from optimum (faster)- does anyone know how far under optimum he was? Fox-Pitt has the most amazing clock in his head- he was bang on optimum time with Sea Cookie last week at Rolex. Wow!

Very excited to see several Badminton first-timers so high up on the leader board: Tiana Coudray, Sandra Auffarth, Jock Paget, & Michael Jung. The last first timer to win here was Mark Todd in 1980!
    Didn't see what happened to WF-P, but Jung picked up 20 at the skinny at the top of the stairs. He was 13 seconds under optimum with Sam after taking the longer route at the stairs so he didn't repeat that 20! Amazing.

... _. ._ .._. .._

Anyone see Andrew Nicholson almost hit a small white dog on landing on his first ride?? Close call! I don't remember which fence it was, but wow...
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by DLee View Post
    Anyone see Andrew Nicholson almost hit a small white dog on landing on his first ride?? Close call! I don't remember which fence it was, but wow...
    Ewwww.....That would have been a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by riderboy View Post
    Ewwww.....That would have been a mess.
    That dog's poor owner- not only worrying about the dog getting squished, but probably also having flashbacks to Nicholson's response to his delayed dressage time in London 2012! But actually, he didn't seem bothered by it according to a quote on Badminton's twitter feed.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    That dog's poor owner-
    Are you joking? That dog's owner should be drawn & quartered...
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    Are you joking? That dog's owner should be drawn & quartered...
    Well, that too. Was giving the owner the benefit of the doubt (quite possibly undeserved!) that the leash broke or something. I was starting to think that dog entourages on cross country only happened with Buck Davidson!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotawyatt View Post
    Didn't see what happened to WF-P, but Jung picked up 20 at the skinny at the top of the stairs. He was 13 seconds under optimum with Sam after taking the longer route at the stairs so he didn't repeat that 20! Amazing.
    Thanks! Also thank you, Equibrit. I had somehow missed that link on the Badminton app & hadn't looked on the website.

Another very cool characteristic of the post-XC standings: there are 7 countries represented in the top 12: Germany, New Zealand, Great Britain, Australia, Italy, USA, & Ireland. Great to see such an international group atop the leader board! Although I'm sure team GB is not pleased that only 1 in the top 12 at Badminton is British.
    Last edited by vagabondrider; May. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM.

Go Canada! From tied for 32nd after dressage, to 12th or better after just 0.8 time on XC & a double clear SJ!

OMG - THE LAST RAIL!!!!!!!!!!! How heartbreaking for Jung!

Wow! Last one down late for Michael Jung & Jock Paget wins the whole thing!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

What an upset! Congrats Jock Paget!
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Wow, "Announcer's curse" alright! Congratulations Jock!!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com