The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    USEF Recording;
    SPORTS TALK (5217036)
    Foal Date: 5/14/2006
    Breed: WELSH PONY
    Color: Bay Sex: G
    Sire: ROSMEL'S DRESSED IN SCARLET
    Dam: ROSMEL'S JAZZY JOLENE
    Membership Type: Life
    Measurement Card
    Height: 12.2
    Heel: 1
    Breed Registry Information:
    LOAFERS LODGE JAZZY JOE (H7100) - WPCSA
    Horse Report
    FRANCESCA DILDABANIAN
    NEW YORK, NY
    Owner ID:5092141
    Active Member - Junior

Breeder: ALMOND, JOHN
    Yes, thanks, I believe we can all use USEF.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 11, 2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: fix table formatting

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge
    Yes, thanks, I believe we can all use USEF.
    But convenient to have it right here in the thread.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

5 members found this post helpful.

It might be convenient to have the info, but the way it was posted leaves a bunch of the posts on this page hidden by the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by MyssMyst View Post
    It might be convenient to have the info, but the way it was posted leaves a bunch of the posts on this page hidden by the ads.
    Me too, on iPhone 5 with ios 6, my old iPad with antiquated system and on my desktop with IE10.

But I got the paragraph and punctuation back...yippee. Had to click the little torn page logo for compatibility between older websites and newer browsers for that-but still have the stacked ads.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Crap on a cracker.............I can't even SEE the right side of the page anymore!! I'm using IE7 and all I now have since the post showing the USEF results is those damn ads (that keep following as I scroll down the page)
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Crap on a cracker.............I can't even SEE the right side of the page anymore!! I'm using IE7 and all I now have since the post showing the USEF results is those damn ads (that keep following as I scroll down the page)
    Oh good, thought it was just me.

4 members found this post helpful.

<nerd>Well, that's not necessarily the user's fault that the CSS for the BB doesn't display properly cross-browser. However, knowing how difficult it can be to code for multiple browsers, display resolutions etc....I do not envy the dev team here. Thank heavens they do as well as they do!</nerd>

Perhaps the poster could kindly edit the post to not include all the html pieces?

Has there been a response to the lawsuit yet? I'd be anxious to hear the counter-argument.

2 members found this post helpful.

If we keep posting about not being able to see the whole page and no one else quotes that part the next page should be readable.

Don't know how she finds the time but kudos to Bonnie Navin for an excellent article. ( and sample contract) on the problems that may occur during an equine purchase and how to avoid them. Good job, and thanks to Ratemyhorsepro for the venue.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    If prior owners were somehow responsible (in whole or in part) for the loss that Plaintiff alleges she suffered, then current defendants will bring those earlier responsible parties into this lawsuit through a device called Interpleader. ("If I am guilty of selling a foundered horse, it isn't really my fault. [Prior Owner] sold him to me that way, and I never knew he was foundered. So, [Prior Owner} should have to pay for whatever judgment is entered against me.")
    I thought Interpleader was used not to bring another party into a lawsuit, but when, say, an insurance company owes somebody a payout, but two different people are suing and claiming they're each entitled to it. The insurance company can use Interpleader to pay the money into an escrow account, be dismissed from the lawsuit ("Look, we're not arguing that we owe someone the money, here it is, please may we be excused from the dinner table,") and then the lawsuit continues between the two claimants.

Quote Originally Posted by Martha Drum View Post
    I thought Interpleader was used not to bring another party into a lawsuit, but when, say, an insurance company owes somebody a payout, but two different people are suing and claiming they're each entitled to it. The insurance company can use Interpleader to pay the money into an escrow account, be dismissed from the lawsuit ("Look, we're not arguing that we owe someone the money, here it is, please may we be excused from the dinner table,") and then the lawsuit continues between the two claimants.
    I think you're right, Martha - interpleader is where you're holding something that's the object of dispute and want to know who gets it; impleader is where you the defendant drag in another party who is (also) liable to the original plaintiff in the action.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    I think you're right, Martha - interpleader is where you're holding something that's the object of dispute and want to know who gets it; impleader is where you the defendant drag in another party who is (also) liable to the original plaintiff in the action.
    Sigh. COTH isn't supposed to sound like school! As someone who has written a civil procedure final in all-too-recent history, paw's got it in one Impleader = defendant joins a third party who either shares or holds responsibility for defendant's liability to the plaintiff. Interpleader = defendant can bring in all parties with a claim to a certain stake so as to avoid multiple lawsuits.

New documents added to ratemyhorsepro... very interesting and clarifies alot of what we were all pondering. She is alleging that the initial radiographs showed rotation and possibly a fracture, but she was given a report from the vet saying all clear on the radiographs. She left Heritage to go to a new trainer, who apparently noticed all was not well with pony and either redid rads or got access to the old ones (which is my assumption because she asserts that the initial rads did show rotation). I hope it's not true, but very scary if it is. Guess we will find out as it goes through the legal process.

4 members found this post helpful.

I just read through the new documents, too. They do answer much of what everyone has questioned here. If what the new documents state is proven as true, my heart bleeds for that pony. This could get ugly...
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

3 members found this post helpful.

^ me too... I truly hope the horse world isn't as bad as alleged. That is absolutely cruelty if it's true.

Wow. It sounds like the new trainer got his/her hands on the ppe xrays. A couple things I wonder, that aren't explained. It is also mentioned that they learned the pony had been blocked at Pony Finals - how did this become known? Interesting to me that the drug screen showed robaxin.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Is it normal for the price to go up that much that fast?

Second, help me understand why a vet would lie. I'm not saying this one did or didn't, but why do something that would shoot you in the foot and kill your career if it ever came to light?

Second, help me understand why a vet would lie. I'm not saying this one did or didn't, but why do something that would shoot you in the foot and kill your career if it ever came to light?
    That is what confuses me too.

There is NO reason for the vet to lie.

I have no inside knowledge about this specific case, but there is NO incentive for the vet to fudge anything. This vet in particular probably does hundreds if not thousands of pre-purchase exams every year. It makes no difference to him if someone buys this pony, or the next one. Or the next one. Or the next one.

3 members found this post helpful.