The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Don't you wish they had tack/horsie stuff home parties?

I get constant home party invites. Jewelry, kitchenware, makeup, purses, etc. I used to be polite and go, maybe order a small item out of courtesy, you know the drill. Now they're just annoying!

If they had a horse themed tack party though, selling stable supplies or other little niche markets, wow! I'd be all over that! Does such a thing exist?

9 members found this post helpful.

Heck yeah, I would have one, or go to one. ~
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

1 members found this post helpful.

Never heard of it existing, but yes! I'd be there like a shot

More so if the things being offered were not your everyday, find-it-anywhere kind of stuff.

eta: My neighbour has candle parties a lot. i don't know how many candles a person needs but i'm never 'available' anymore when she mentions theres a candle party coming up

3 members found this post helpful.

I think that would be great -- especially if there was wine / cheese The closest I've seen are tack sales / swaps at private facilities.

6 members found this post helpful.

That would be a great idea! Maybe a retailer like Horze or Smartpak who has a lot of their own brand would be willing to do something like that?

We used to have a travelling tack store who would visit one barn after another...loved to see him coming up the drive...you could get about anything under the sun from him and if he didn't have it, he'd order it in for you! He really had a complete line of stuff, too.
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

It would sure beat Pampered Chef. I never know if I can buy anything from friends' parties because there's always another one for a school or church fundraiser coming down the pike. And they are NOT cheap.
    I wonder what would be good to sell - grooming tools? Cactus cloths or things that are hard to find - maybe really nice halters?
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

I've always thought this too. I ignore all party invites. I was weak once years ago and booked my own party, and then was obligated to go to all the parties that people had who had come to mine. After I caught up with that I vowed never to go again. But I would go to a horsey party.

Great idea! Someone here did the next best thing, before Christmas she had a mix of home parties (I think there were two different home parties represented) and just invited horsie people.
    It was great to meet new and visit with old friends.

Gosh that would be so great. I ignore ALL home party invites as I don't need fake candles that will probably trigger my migraines or Vera Bradley-look-alike bags. I did get super excited about A Horse Box which is kind of like the BirchBox that Sephora (i think) does.
    Gracious "Gracie," 2002 TB mare
    Facebook me!

I have Higher Standards ...do you?

2 members found this post helpful.

At a clinic one time, where the participants were all at least acquaintances and we tended to stay on grounds overnight, we had a mobile tack lady come for a tack party. It was awesome, dinner, wine and horsey shopping! Mainly did rider apparel stuff (I bought a helmet), but it was nice to be able to try on multiple coats and breeches and get feedback from friends!
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

I have been to a Horse apparel one. It was great fun and I was surprised at how people bought. The chance to try on breeches and boots and jackets in a relaxed atmosphere was obviously popular and the feedback on cut from friends was fantastic to have.

I am glad this isn't done... I would be totally broke. But I was thinking saddle pads... I have 5-6 already, currently no riding horse of my own, and just bought I believe it was 15 lightly used off a FB group on their way... No I do not have an addiction!

Man I would love this, such a great idea!

4 members found this post helpful.

This idea would cause me to go deeply into debt. I already think my tack shop should have a direct deposit program where a percentage of my paycheck goes straight to them and builds me a tab. Nevermind if I was already at home with the new sparkly whatever already in my hand. I'd be poor!!

OMG i'd be there in a minute! but my wallet would be in pain..

It might be fun to attend once or twice, but honestly all the home party businesses get on my nerves. Even if it was horse based the same premise would apply. It seems like EVERY woman I know does two or three of the different companies. The whole thing is like a giant pyramid where to make money you have to constantly suck people in and get THEM to book parties, and then they have to get MORE people to book parties, and that is how we end up with 20 of these invitations a month to go buy expensive items we don't need. I think I would even get sick of tack at that rate.

OMG yes!

I'd offer a Leather Care Seminar. You know, you bring your dried, your crusty, your moldy to my place. With some friends and drinks, you get hands-on instruction, introduction to new products and the right tool for the job. And you get some company while cleaning the mess of tack you don't want to do by yourself.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

7 members found this post helpful.

Furlong... You would not get sick if it was saddle pads, don't lie. You are not above the addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    Furlong... You would not get sick if it was saddle pads, don't lie. You are not above the addiction!
    Accurate!

"Lies I tell myself: 'I don't think I'm going to buy any more saddle pads.'"
    Gracious "Gracie," 2002 TB mare
    Facebook me!

I have Higher Standards ...do you?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    OMG yes!

I'd offer a Leather Care Seminar. You know, you bring your dried, your crusty, your moldy to my place. With some friends and drinks, you get hands-on instruction, introduction to new products and the right tool for the job. And you get some company while cleaning the mess of tack you don't want to do by yourself.
    Can you imagine the living room of the person hosting the party? full of saddle dust and hay, and grime. Maybe it could be hosted in a barn. LOL