The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I got to go to the free style on Saturday night but had to bow out of scribing. I felt horrible for it too. 2am in the morning, husband gets up to shush the cats and manages to not only fall over one of them but fracture his leg in the process. So off to the ER we go, didn't even get to see the doctor until almost 6am and then didn't get him casted and out until close to noon. Dropped him off and headed to the show. I'd never been to the show before but I'll go again next year (wrap the husband in bubble wrap or drop him off at the sitters though.)
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Oh no!!! I hope your husband is ok! How's the cat?

Get the bubble wrap and sitter ready now for next year! I would gladly have taken your place scribing...if only I'd ever done it before
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

That ring definitely had some gobblins in it, that's for sure!! It was so amazing being able to watch the horses and riders. I felt so bad for the riders in the pairs demonstration. That horse was SUPER naughty!! However I feel that Guenter got robbed on the freestyle. Rafalca was amazing, but the mare Guenter was on was just FANTASTIC. IMO, Olympic politics came into play on that one.

It's funny you say that. I totally agree. With my vast experience I was pretend judging...and I scored that mare (Coral Reef Wylea) higher than Rafalca. I got Rafalca's score within 0.5%, but was very off on Coral Reef Wylea. (Did I just commit blasphemy??) and in fact posted on my Facebook account that she was the next Olympian. Plus, I'm a huge Neil Diamond fan.

Did you see Vinterpol go? GORGEOUS.

The pairs horses were amazing the night before when they practiced. The gelding wasn't naughty at all on Friday night - I felt bad for them too on Saturday.
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

I used to ride Vinterpol as a young horse... How funny! What I remember most about him though is how clean he kept his stall

1 members found this post helpful.

Aw heck, I was there Sunday morning only. I am in San Diego for a few days... grew up here. My dad is in a nursing home in Carlsbad and I am staying in Bird Rock, so the show grounds were halfway in between. I didn't realize the show was going on until Saturday morning, and had already made dinner plans for Saturday night and couldn't reschedule. I told my dinner companions that I hoped they realize how much I must love them, to skip Ravel's retirement ceremony

I didn't get many photos, but here is David Blake and Ikaros after winning the Grand Prix Special on Sunday morning:
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Q...800/ikaros.jpg

And here is a very cool palomino Lusitano stallion named Xerez de Quintana, showing at 4th level.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8.../palcanter.jpg

I'm much more of a smurf and have absolutely no connections within the CA dressage community. All those tanned skinny women and ginormous WBs! There's a reason I left CA... I really didn't ever belong there in the first place, never mind that I am a 3rd generation native.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Quote Originally Posted by quietann View Post

I didn't get many photos, but here is David Blake and Ikaros after winning the Grand Prix Special on Sunday morning:
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Q...800/ikaros.jpg
    The dancing hippo!!!

Ikaros, obviously not David...

Seriously though, that horse is a TANK.

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    The dancing hippo!!!

Ikaros, obviously not David...

Seriously though, that horse is a TANK.
    hee! Here is my other Ikaros photo, then. Yep, the horse is HUGE all over. Even his ears... they are as long as David Blake's head!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-u...800/icarus.jpg
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Quote Originally Posted by right horse at the right time View Post
    nope but I'm sure I ran into them...have you relocated now? where are you? PM me
    Me, too! I've been curious and not wanted to be nosy, but since rhrt started it...
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Thanks for posting your photos. I really wanted to go, but I ended up working on the 26th and I had my state mandated exams for my endorsement area to study for.
    Sheilah

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    However I feel that Guenter got robbed on the freestyle. Rafalca was amazing, but the mare Guenter was on was just FANTASTIC. IMO, Olympic politics came into play on that one.
    Then all the judges were in on the robbery.

Scores:

Rafalca 75.37/76.12/76.50/76.87/75.75 total: 76.125

CR Wylea 74.0/73.75/75.25/73.0/73.75 total: 73.950

However Wylea won the GP over Rafalca, 72.51 to 72.48
    -Amor vincit omnia-